• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Hey You

Steelyuhas said:
They did leave 50 points left on the the amount of achievement points that Reach can have.
That's a good sign. Meaning they haven't outright decided to not release on DLC.

Hell, I'll take new maps with no achievements, I just want to keep my reach experience fresh until H4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I normally turn off music in all my games, but for some reason it's never bugged me in Halo. Music is just so suiting.

Pavaloo

Majanew said:
Will this Halo finally allow players to turn the music off?

No idea why you'd want to, but if it works like any other 360 game: put on a custom soundtrack or something on the xbox music player, then pause the song. Your game should then only have sound effects and dialogue.

Flipyap

Oh, come on. The lack of any kind of audio/volume options in Bungie Halo games was laughable (and then there's the trollish message and muted voices when you tried to use custom soundtracks in Halo 3...).

Flipyap said:
Oh, come on. The lack of any kind of audio/volume options in Bungie Halo games was laughable (and then there's the trollish message and muted voices when you tried to use custom soundtracks in Halo 3...).
Isn't that still the case with Halo: Reach? I haven't used custom soundtracks for years.

Flipyap

Hypertrooper said:
Isn't that still the case with Halo: Reach? I haven't used custom soundtracks for years.
No idea. I'd be afraid to check, because what if Martin O'Donnell has found a way to make 360s explode upon activation of that feature? You know he'd do it, if he could.

Zeal

Banned
Majanew said:
Will this Halo finally allow players to turn the music off?
I know Marty can be a pompous jackass, but this comment would send him over the edge.

C'mon man, Halo's score was gold.

Zeal said:
I know Marty can be a pompous jackass, but this comment would send him over the edge.

C'mon man, Halo's score was gold.

He signed my poster. He also talked to me for at least a minute. I thought he was pretty classy.

Flipyap

This is embarrassing. The dude asked a reasonable question about a feature that was missing from previous games. That doesn't mean he hates the music and/or all of Halo.

Zeal

Banned
FateBreaker said:
He signed my poster. He also talked to me for at least a minute. I thought he was pretty classy.
And he also gave my wife a nice little wave and a smile after the panel, but his reputation for being an egomaniac still precedes him. ;)

Speaking of music, god do I love the new sound of Halo 4. It reminds me of something Stanley Kubrick would have in 2001, along with some Inception thrown in for good measure.

Flipyap said:
This is embarrassing. The dude asked a reasonable question about a feature that was missing from previous games. That doesn't mean he hates the music and/or all of Halo.
Glad I was beaten to this post. Certainly wouldn't want to do it myself, but to each their own. More power given to the player to customise their play experience the better.

Zeouterlimits said:
Glad I was beaten to this post. Certainly wouldn't want to do it myself, but to each their own. More power given to the player to customise their play experience the better.
Just you wait and see the what happens when Eurogamer gives Halo CEA an 8/10.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Nick_GTL said:
Anyone else going to the Assasins Creed midnight launches to buy this and not assasins creed lol.

I'm going to both. Heading to Valley Fair for the midnight launch event then drive down the street to pick up my copy of AC: R. :)

heckfu

Banned
Flipyap said:

since when was this a reasonable place to express feelings?

Flipyap said:

neogaf_dude.gif

CyReN

Domino Theory said:
I'm going to both. Heading to Valley Fair for the midnight launch event then drive down the street to pick up my copy of AC: R. :)

You can just wait a week and half and get it for $34.99 at Best Buy for black friday.

Been watching some of Devin's stream. The visuals are insane, the game looks great. Really looking forward to playing through it.

Why did they change the reticle on the sniper?

CyReN said:
You can just wait a week and half and get it for $34.99 at Best Buy for black friday.

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing.

Steelyuhas said:
Been watching some of Devin's stream. The visuals are insane, the game looks great. Really looking forward to playing through it.

Why did they change the reticle on the sniper?
lmao @ legendary.

I gave up, that was waaaaaaaaaaay to hard for me.

SP Legendary is not fun to watch.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CyReN said:

Already have it paid off via trade-ins months ago so I'm good. That's a great deal for anyone remotely considering AC: R, though.

Teknoman

omg.kittens said:
I normally turn off music in all my games, but for some reason it's never bugged me in Halo. Music is just so suiting.

But games with awesome soundtracks :(

Nick_GTL said:
Anyone else going to the Assasins Creed midnight launches to buy this and not assasins creed lol.

This and Ultimate Marvel.

Sean

Banned
Dax01 said:
Why would you want to?

Maybe because Halo's music is for old farts. Violin and drums, monks chanting... Really? It's the kind of lame classical music that plays when you're waiting on hold for customer service or standing in an elevator.

I think everyone will agree that Breaking Benjamin did the best track in the entire Halo series. It's just too bad Microsoft couldn't afford real musicians like that to completely re-imagine the soundtrack with epic guitar riffs and solos. I'm hoping they'll finally get the music right with Halo 4 now that Marty is gone.

Majanew

Banned
heckfu said:
A lot of people I don't recognize are just coming in here blasting Halo. Turn the music off, really?

getoutforever.gif
Yeah, that's nice.

Don't know what the big deal is...I just like turning music off and having all of the sound effects blasting through my 7.1. It's a gripe I have for Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, too. Turned the music off in Skyrim and the game's sound work is fantastic.

I sometimes leave music on during Campaigns, but I've played Halo CE already. Wanna just hear the sounds of the guns, vehicles and environments.

urk said:
They gave the original an 8. :)
Curious. I'd go read the review but their new layout is atrocious and I can't find anything without a minimal amount of effort so eff that.

That said, I actually thought their Uncharted 3 review was well done and positively criticized certain aspects while giving due praise for others.

TheOddOne

Majanew said:
I sometimes leave music on during Campaigns, but I've played Halo CE already. Wanna just hear the sounds of the guns, vehicles and environments.
The orginal Halo score was also re-recorded at Skywalker Ranch ;)

Top Bottom