• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

So, how do you think Cortana will re-emerge? Or is she gone, forever.

I think they'll take the "new Cortana model" approach. It seems like it'd be good for some drama, and it's supported by Halsey's journal.

I'd be down with that. I like those little shells.

image.php

MouldyK

Didact will scrape together whatever parts of her are left in the computer system then use her as a weapon against Chief.

And then Chief has to put her down HIMSELF.

You can choose to kill or not.

If you kill, you get a cutscene where she is Purple Cortana, which HaloGAF wants, but too bad we killed her.

If you do not kill, you get Blue Cortana, which sucks, but atleast Cortana is back.

AlStrong

If you kill, you get a cutscene where she is Purple Cortana, which HaloGAF wants, but too bad we killed her.

If you do not kill, you get Blue Cortana, which sucks, but atleast Cortana is back.

In the red ending, Palmer will just walk in and shoot her in the knee.

In the green ending, CorJohna.

Mix

Cortana coming back as a monitor would be amazing. Please let that happen. She'd actually be able to physically help chief instead of just being a guide.

It's "The War on Color" all over again!

GENIUS FRANKIE

jem0208

I much prefer the CE gaseous plasma as opposed to the hard crystal it's become. Even the H2 E3 2003 version was pretty nice.

nfCbVFy.jpg

Eww, I hated the fuzzy look it used to have.

The solid crystal look is far better. It actually looks like it could hurt you rather than looking like a weird-ass lightsaber.

Cortana coming back as a monitor would be amazing. Please let that happen. She'd actually be able to physically help chief instead of just being a guide.

Ohhhh, I was so confused when I first saw people saying she should be a monitor. I thought you lot were referring to these:

samsung_tc220_22__thin_client_monitor-lf22towhbdn_en.jpg

MouldyK

In the red ending, Palmer will just walk in and shoot her in the knee.

In the green ending, CorJohna.

Meh, it doesn't matter anyway as whatever one you pick, after the initial reaction, the end cutscenes just play the same, with a different tint...
except with 343, all different tints are just variations of brown!

dwells

I much prefer the CE gaseous plasma as opposed to the hard crystal it's become. Even the H2 E3 2003 version was pretty nice.

nfCbVFy.jpg

Ooh, I don't remember that - I like it. Looks like an actual burning plasma/gas. Looks molten almost, gives off a sense of heat.

AlStrong

Meh, it doesn't matter anyway as whatever one you pick, after the initial reaction, the end cutscenes just play the same, with a different tint...
except with 343, all different tints are just variations of brown!

Just poking fun. :p

Ooh, I don't remember that - I like it. Looks like an actual burning plasma/gas. Looks molten almost, gives off a sense of heat.

Yep, pretty much the way I see it too. Like a plasma torch almost? It also kinda made sense to me in the context of burning the flood or burning/cutting through things instead of just using ballistic or blunt force weaponry. Oh well. :]

HTupolev

Eww, I hated the fuzzy look it used to have.

The solid crystal look is far better. It actually looks like it could hurt you rather than looking like a weird-ass lightsaber.
Piece of plastic covered in soapy goop looks more threatening than a lightsaber, gotcha.

I understand they are prob just working off existing Dominion code but why do we have to lower our weapons while activating a switch? How does not being able to fire benefit Halo's run and gun style gameplay?

Guess you didn't read that I just said, "I know these are not concrete facts." It's what they have revealed to us. Sure, not all devs stick to their words/promises, but it's not entirely unreasonable for a fan to be excited about a game that the very developers describe to us. It's our only source of solid info...sooooo let us be excited.

Halo 5 beta MP reveal:
--focus on arena gameplay
--Fair starts
--Weapon control
--Map control
--Mentioning "competitive gameplay", harkening back to the Halo classics.

They all say this to try to appease the fan base, because they know we were unimpressed with Halo 4 MP. Who's to say, sprint, dash, boost, and spartan ground slam can't be balanced or competitive?

Uh, me. One of the many reasons I stopped playing Destiny. If ground pound is some kind of one hit kill, I don't want it. Look at all the H2A stuff without sprint, Halo doesn't need and is a matter of fact worse with any of that shit.

Balanced, yes. Fun, no.

Balanced is subjective at best with these things, it just makes things a mess.

Uh, me. One of the many reasons I stopped playing Destiny. If ground pound is some kind of one hit kill, I don't want it. Look at all the H2A stuff without sprint, Halo doesn't need and is a matter of fact worse with any of that shit.

Balanced is subjective at best with these things, it just makes things a mess.

Thanks for resurrecting an already dead conversation.

Cortana does look like shit also. Why didn't they just match the H4 version?

Probably because they wanted to achieve some level of parity with the Blur cutscenes. That would be my guess.

Not everyone can spend hours a day reading GAF, dude.

I realize that might have been a bit rude, but if you are gonna rip some posts out of the context of a conversation, it would have only taken 5 or so minutes to read that one to completion. That was several pages ago. Not a matter of reading for hours, dude.

Ein Bear

There's something funny about 343 going to lengths to ensure that Cortana, an AI who can choose how her hologram looks on a whim, has a consistant appearance across the series, but are cool with Chief coming out of the cryo tube in Halo 4 looking completely different to how he went into it in Halo 3.

There's something funny about 343 going to lengths to ensure that Cortana, an AI who can choose how her hologram looks on a whim, has a consistant appearance across the series, but are cool with Chief coming out of the cryo tube in Halo 4 looking completely different to how he went into it in Halo 3.
Nano machines.

Woorloog

Banned

Well Cortana looks (color-aside) quite different in Halo 4 as well, i don't think she has consistent appearance across the series.

BTW, have we seen any footage about Halo 2 Metropolis mission? I want to know if they've redone the city to look like ODST's depiction of New Mombasa (for consistency) if they've stuck with Halo 2-like New Mombasa (i'd really prefer ODST-like city, at least in the distance if nothing else).

AlStrong

Probably because they wanted to achieve some level of parity with the Blur cutscenes. That would be my guess.

Man, even first party games can't escape parity clauses.

edit: Blur could have used a variation of Halo 4 though.

Maybe they should just base it off of Jen Taylor (<3) and be done with it (unless she didn't want to?).

Top Bottom