• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Japarican

Banned
Keith david halo 5 reading script spoiler
Locke you hunt spartans

Da plot thickens i like it
vmfp7ql.png

Really hope that despite all of the salt in this forum 343 is excited that we are so in love with this collection. This is literally my favorite release since Halo 2. I'm not really excitable, but my hype levels are starting to irritate my wife and family. When it comes to entertainment this is all I wanna talk about! Lol

darthbob

Really hope that despite all of the salt in this forum 343 is excited that we are so in love with this collection. This is literally my favorite release since Halo 2. I'm not really excitable, but my hype levels are starting to irritate my wife and family. When it comes to entertainment this is all I wanna talk about! Lol

I'm only so critical because I'm so passionate about the franchise that I got me through High School.
T'was a somewhat tumultuous time in my life and Halo seemed to be the only thing to get me by.

daedalius

Most of the time I feel like the salt is only because we love the game and the franchise. When people are passionate about things, sometimes the salt is inevitable!

Also, loved the making of documentary... can't wait for MCC!

iFirez

Possible it's one of the bookend cutscenes Blur did for MCC too.
Do we know how/when we can view these yet? Will they be unlocked from the get go or do we have to play The first level of Halo and then the last level of Halo 4 to see them? Honestly, these really interest me probably the most, as they're going to hint at where Chief is going and what Locke is doing delving into his past.

Keith david halo 5 reading script spoiler
Locke you hunt spartans

Da plot thickens i like it
vmfp7ql.png
I loved that part of the doc, we got to see Keith David return as the Arbiter but also a good listen to Locke. It really interests me that whatever Locke is, and whatever he did to come to become such a powerful player as to
hunt Spartans
and I feel Nightfall isn't going to explain or even really touch on that. I wonder what else Locke has done, how did he become a Spartan, he's clearly still very involved in ONI and if what the Arbiter said is true, has he
hunted any other Spartans? If so is he hunting them because they are rouge assets and has to bring them in or is he truly hunting them in the sense that he plans to kills them?
Spartans never die... They're just missing in action.

Halo 5 Cinematic? Interesting to see the Elite dawning the Halo 2 Armor. There's also another Spartan on the right with a BR.
Obviously Blur used similar assets to those they already created for the CGI stuff in Halo 4 and the H2A cutscenes, but story wise the reason why this/these elites could be wearing this armor is because they aren't the splinter group we encounter in Halo 4. I feel like the Covenant we see in Halo 4 are a large band of terrorists almost who didn't side with The Arbiter and for that have their own sets of armor they wear and such. I really want to know when and how Locke was made a Spartan, is he of the same group from the Infinity? Trained and geared up separately? Who knows. Maybe Palmer knows him?

----

Anyway, quick thoughts on the Doc. Loved it. Really managed to recapture the spirit, excitment and memories I have of Halo 2 and the tie a big bow on all that thanks to the glimpses of new content, cinematics and even brief mentions of the tone and base ideas behind Halo 5, which is super exciting to think about. I can't wait to get my hands on MCC soon, H2A will 100% be the first thing I play, after that though? I'm not sure.

nillapuddin

My god, why did it have to end. Can they pls just record everyday. I swear id watch every second. We are so lucky to have Halo and to have such a passionate and equipped development studio handling the franchise.

I know like many of you, in a completely serious way, Halo and yes Halo 2 specifically, changed my life more than I ever could have realized so long ago. So much credit to Bungie then and 343 now.

belushy

Banned
My god, why did it have to end. Can they pls just record everyday. I swear id watch every second. We are so lucky to have Halo and to have such a passionate and equipped development studio handling the franchise.

I know like many of you, in a completely serious way, Halo and yes Halo 2 specifically, changed my life more than I ever could have realized so long ago. So much credit to Bungie then and 343 now.

I still wish that they would do livestreams every week like the Project Spark team did during development...

Do we know how/when we can view these yet? Will they be unlocked from the get go or do we have to play The first level of Halo and then the last level of Halo 4 to see them? Honestly, these really interest me probably the most, as they're going to hint at where Chief is going and what Locke is doing delving into his past.

Not sure, honestly. Not much has been said about them, but I kinda prefer that. Probably the last big surprise of the collection.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Halo: CE was my first Halo and I played it a bunch. That being said, Halo 2 is what made me fall in love with this franchise. Halo 2 was my first midnight launch. Halo 2 was my first steel case collector's edition. Halo 2 was my first experience with Xbox LIVE, a platform that helped me reach my current position creating parts of this very same universe.

I'm just a cog in the Halo universe and sometimes the negativity and nasty comments directed at my work and the work of my co-workers can get me down. But there are moments that allow me to step back and realize how lucky I am to be able to create stuff that millions of people around the world will experience. Worlds and places that help folks escape from the problems and concerns of day to day life. To form lasting friendships and connections with others around the world. Heck, I still have people on my friends list that I met randomly in those early days of Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE. That right there is the magic of gaming.

Omni

After watching most of the Documentary and smiling all the way through it due to memories, I got 2 main things out of it.

- Dedication.

And more importantly:

- Passion.

343i and everyone involved in the production of this collection seem like they really care about the Franchise as much as us fans do.

It's really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside and if they can show this level of Passion and Dedication for the next 365 days or whatever leaving to Halo 5, I believe they will go a long way of redeeming themselves, and the Halo Franchise, in everyone's eyes.
They said similar things when they remade Halo CE. And then a year later they shovelled us Halo 4

It's all PR talk and buzzwords

iFirez

Not sure, honestly. Not much has been said about them, but I kinda prefer that. Probably the last big surprise of the collection.
Totally agree, I don't want the contents of these cinematics (prologue/epilogue) to be spoiled to early/if at all before I boot the game up myself.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Halo: CE was my first Halo and I played it a bunch. That being said, Halo 2 is what made me fall in love with this franchise. Halo 2 was my first midnight launch. Halo 2 was my first steel case collector's edition. Halo 2 was my first experience with Xbox LIVE, a platform that helped me reach my current position creating parts of this very same universe.

I'm just a cog in the Halo universe and sometimes the negativity and nasty comments directed at my work and the work of my co-workers can get me down. But there are moments that allow me to step back and realize how lucky I am to be able to create stuff that millions of people around the world will experience. Worlds and places that help folks escape from the problems and concerns of day to day life. To form lasting friendships and connections with others around the world. Heck, I still have people on my friends list that I met randomly in those early days of Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE. That right there is the magic of gaming.

No matter what you do there are going to be people that hate it. But there will also be people that love it. Just from making tiny games, I've felt some of the same feelings of how crazy it is to see people line up to play something you worked on. It definitely is magic.

I knew it was a good idea to sit in the front row. Hi, Halo fans.

Madness

Solid ViDoc. Really Out-Bungie'd Bungie with it. Really great to see Staten and even Marty in it as well. It's crazy to think just how much effort went into this collection. All the different studios, heck did you see just the amount of work Blur had to do? Must suck to spend like 2 years of your life working on something only to read online, "this sucks, these guys just don't get it, fire him" etc.

Agent Locke actor/voice though has nothing on Keith David. I think it's because he's just a television actor, doesn't have the years of experience or the complexity real voice actors like Keith bring to their roles. Still, can't wait for Nightfall to see how it will come together.

Less than 12 days now and we'll finally have MCC in our hands. Can't wait.

Lethbridge Industrial. It's a reference to Greenskull.

Huh. Looks like they handle most of the Spartan IVs' armaments. Also seems to be a retcon to Zanzibar, as the facility in Stone Town is one of theirs. Seems like all the art is for Halo 2 Anniversary then.

Agent Locke actor/voice though has nothing on Keith David. I think it's because he's just a television actor, doesn't have the years of experience or the complexity real voice actors like Keith bring to their roles. Still, can't wait for Nightfall to see how it will come together.

While that may be true, the Arbiter is also a very different character from Locke. Arbiter was always more solemn and verbose than the typical character.

Mix

Don't know if it was mentioned, but Locke looks like he's holding a classic Halo 2/3 style BR in the bit that's in the Documentary.

Madness

Huh. Looks like they handle most of the Spartan IVs' armaments. Also seems to be a retcon to Zanzibar, as the facility in Stone Town is one of theirs. Seems like all the art is for Halo 2 Anniversary then.

While that may be true, the Arbiter is also a very different character from Locke. Arbiter was always more solemn and verbose than the typical character.

Wasn't really speaking about the characters or what they say. I'm talking about the fact Keith David is much better at this aspect of the job than Mike Colter. Genuine voice actors are so unappreciated and often lose roles they would do great in, to celebrities who are good at acting and capturing the essence of their characters but don't necessarily have the vocal talent or range. Case in point, there were probably thousands of voice actors Bungie could have gotten to do the Ghost voice in Destiny but they got Dinklage, who while a great actor, didn't do an amazing job.

Hearing just those few lines from Colter, when he's saying Thel Vadamee, maybe it's because I'm not familiar with Locke or the "voice" yet but it sort of just sounded like a random guy reading lines. Either way, Nightfall will get us super acquainted with him, and maybe it will be nice having Colter do live action and in-game voice for authenticity.

Wasn't really speaking about the characters or what they say. I'm talking about the fact Keith David is much better at this aspect of the job than Mike Colter. Genuine voice actors are so unappreciated and often lose roles they would do great in, to celebrities who are good at acting and capturing the essence of their characters but don't necessarily have the vocal talent or range. Case in point, there were probably thousands of voice actors Bungie could have gotten to do the Ghost voice in Destiny but they got Dinklage, who while a great actor, didn't do an amazing job.

Hearing just those few lines from Colter, when he's saying Thel Vadamee, maybe it's because I'm not familiar with Locke or the "voice" yet but it sort of just sounded like a random guy reading lines. Either way, Nightfall will get us super acquainted with him, and maybe it will be nice having Colter do live action and in-game voice for authenticity.

Fair enough. Colter is new to the whole thing, so I expect him to grow into it (hopefully). The big difference will be having him do voice work and motion capture. Should hopefully speed up the experience.

Also, small nitpick, but as I haven't seen the documentary, I hope he didn't refer to him as Vadamee. The -ee suffix is a Covenant thing, and one of the first things the Arbiter abandoned after leaving the Covenant.

Booshka

Getting the Buffering Wheel of Death on that fantastic Silverlight player. Wish I could just play this straight to VLC Media Player, but hey, whatever.

Mix

I just actually finished it up.

Halo really is a big part of some of our lives. I don't think even the saltiest of people here would be here if it wasn't for what Halo became and that's really cool and really special.

It doesn't matter what your first Halo game was, CE, 2, 3, Reach, 4, Wars,or ODST even, it doesn't matter, what matters is that you found something you loved so much that you decided to make it something that you carried through with you for the rest of your life, or for at least some of us, ten plus years.

I remember being freakin' 6 years old standing in a line at a tiny little Gamestop in Allen, TX with my cousin Alex instead of at home asleep like a responsible babysitter would have had me do. Instead we waiting until like 12:30 in the morning to pick up an Xbox with Project Gotham and this Halo game and we played it for days, him and me. Halo has literally been in my life for as long as I can remember and that's why I'm here on this forum is to talk to you nerds and talk shit and put up with it in return and to slrp hard when I'm excited and bitch and moan when I'm frustrated with something.

Whatever it might be, I'm excited for what 343 continues to bring to the table, it can only get better from here.

10 days left, guys.

Madness

Played super smooth on the Xbox One video app. I got a bit excited whenever they cut to gameplay or showing the menu UI because it looked like how it will in just 11 sleeps. Can't wait to play.

senador

Banned
Just watched Remaking on my Xbox. "Xbox Bing. Halo remaking." Pretty easy. Daaamn that was good. I was excited for MCC but now I'm pretty hyped. 🐐

Top Bottom