• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm something for me? If you bring up your roster by pressing X, then press X again to take it away, is the sound created by removing the roster with X softer than the sound of of removing the roster by pressing B?

I know it doesn't seem important but my sanity would appreciate it.
Yeah I just tried this and its definitely a much quieter sound using X again

Impala26

Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Hemorrhage is the most overrated multiplayer map in gaming history.

53867-Walter-white-breaking-bad-your-gBJQ.gif

*Fourth Blood Gultch Remake will appear in Halo 6*

Sephzilla

Just got flashbacks of successfully running the Warthog over the entire top of the Relic base, hopping out and grabbing the flag, and then driving off and tumbling to victory. So rare it was to clear out the enemy team and time things just right to make that happen, but it felt so good when you did.

Funny enough this happened during my 2nd match on Relic in MCC. My teammate and I in the warthog were legit shook because we drove up there almost entirely unopposed. Granted, we executed the start of round Warthog run so I think we caught everyone with their pants down because we drove into their base just as the other team was running out to get weapons.

But Relic really was a great map. When things went right they went so right but when they went wrong things went comically wrong.

Tawpgun

I thought blood gulch works well in CE.

Shit sucks in every other game though. Gulch Wars or whatever that gametype in Halo 2 was called was way better on Containment

dwells

But Relic really was a great map. When things went right they went so right but when they went wrong things went comically wrong.

...like the time my teammate was scoped in with the sniper rifle in a 49 - 49 tie game and accidentally strafed his way off the edge of the right side of the map, fell to his death, and lost the snipe for us. We then lost.

Much rage happened that day.

Sephzilla

Blood Gulch suuuuucks

Giant, partly flat map with next to no cover zzzzzzzzz

After actually playing on it I think Bloodline is my favorite take on Blood Gulch. It feels like there's just enough cover to get around the map, but a good sniper will still have his way with you. It feels like a good trade off. I was happy my concerns about Bloodline didn't seem to surface.

Still needs more color though

Gasp. It's almost like people like that map. It may be bad for Slayer, but without ranks playing slayer is amateur hour.

At lower skill levels people run around the bottom levels and it's a fun map.

We had as good lead and snipe control at snipe tower. My team mates repeatedly committed seduko against the enemy's sword br1 until we were losing.

I mean I get what it does right as a map but I mean goddamn Lockout is basically chiron without the walls / ceilings and teleporters replaced with catwalks

Boarding Action and Waterworks would work amazingly well in the modern (H2AMP-era) sandbox

Sephzilla

Timberland is by far the worst map I played in CE so far. There is power weapon under every christmas tree.

Yeah. Timberland isn't that great when there are 4 snipers all shooting at one base

Not gonna lie, playing H2A Stonetown I STILL reflexively try to find cover inside the ground floor of Camp Froman. It's becoming a problem honestly.

I still expect there to be a walkway from camp froman back to base

Overdoziz

Banned
No other map shows how much better the game plays without radar as much as Construct does. Radar vs. no radar is night and day on that map.

Impala26

No other map shows how much better the game plays without radar as much as Construct does. Radar vs. no radar is night and day on that map.

I usually shit on Construct pretty hard, probably my least favorite H3 "on disk" map, but you're totally right about this. Being a ninja when motion tracker is off is so amazing on Construct. That map plays great for SWAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom