• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub117

Wrong.

The correct answer is Guardian.
Midship isn't overrated, but Guardian is a top tier map, come on now.

At least, I have fun in almost every game on that map. Even if it is 2v4 I feel like I have a chance.

Yeah, remake in H2A would be super fun.

TheOddOne

Naded playign H2A

That fuckin ending holy shiiiiiiiiiiit #wesortaback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKXTzN5UXo
i5chYslHaAdKM.gif

Dat snipe.

Impala26

Someone should forge up a H2A remake of Guardian. Maybe my dislike for Guardian is just a biproduct of my general dislike for H3's gameplay compared to CE and 2.

This is what I'm suspecting to be honest.
Customs/FFA games on Guardian are some of my best memories of H3.

rrc1594

Someone should forge up a H2A remake of Guardian. Maybe my dislike for Guardian is just a biproduct of my general dislike for H3's gameplay compared to CE and 2.

Going in to MCC Halo 3 had the best multiplayer to me, but man the BR spread is like I'm trying put butter on some toast. That FOV is god awful

The Flash

Banned
If they don't have a remake of Guardian in Halo 5: Guardians then I don't know if living on this planet will be worth anything anymore.

jem0208

Just noticed that the H2A rumble playlist is up.

Probably late on that.

I managed to get a game pretty quickly on it too.

Won by one kill, some guy miss jumped and I managed to hit him with a few shots before he died. Luckiest win I've had in a while.

Also Standoff is the dark horse of Halo maps.

Impala26

Just noticed that the H2A rumble playlist is up.

Probably late on that.

Better late than never. Probably the best thing to happen to MCC since launch, lol.

It's the one playlist where people can't complain about their party being split on different teams or launching with unbalanced numbers of players on each team.

I could see Construct working incredibly well in the Halo 5 sandbox. So many jumps to top-mid bubble shield that could be saved with clamber.

Netprints

Better late than never. Probably the best thing to happen to MCC since launch, lol.

It's the one playlist where people can't complain about their party being split on different teams or launching with unbalanced numbers of players on each team.

That is true, I will have to try the playlist out. I assume king of the hill and oddball are in that playlist?

willow ve

Don't know why people hate on Construct. Map was really enjoyable with multiple pathways to almost every spot on the map. Not to mention there's no real easy camping lift room (ala Swordbase) due to every lift having two entrance points and all the walls seemingly angled just for grenade tosses. Granted most of the action takes place on the top level, but that's not to say the bottom is completely ignored.

Construct KOTH was tops.

Don't know why people hate on Construct. Map was really enjoyable with multiple pathways to almost every spot on the map. Not to mention there's no real easy camping lift room (ala Swordbase) due to every lift having two entrance points and all the walls seemingly angled just for grenade tosses. Granted most of the action takes place on the top level, but that's not to say the bottom is completely ignored.

Construct KOTH was tops.

Construct Purp Lifts was the original Oddball Swordbase

jem0208

I'm trying to think of a map that I could offer as a counterpoint. But I don't think I can think of an underrated map that's on par with Standoff. Only two I can think of are Containment and Rat Race.

It really is a quality map. It's probably underrated due to being a DLC map.

Construct KOTH was tops.

I dunno, I felt like most of the time on the lower levels you're looking for a way to get up to the top. Then at the top the action seems to centre around the lifts which become a bit of a clusterfuck. I never particularly enjoyed it...

DJ Gunner

I'm trying to think of a map that I could offer as a counterpoint. But I don't think I can think of an underrated map that's on par with Standoff. Only two I can think of are Containment and Rat Race.

Rat Race will always have a special place in my heart as it was the very first Halo map I ever played- but Chillout is my all time GOAT across every Halo game. That map is absolute asymmetrical perfection. I literally jump up and scream at the TV when it comes up for voting and go bonkers when it wins the vote.

(also, I know this was referencing underrated maps- but I just had to express my Chillout obsession, even though it's one of the higher rated maps)

Rat Race will always have a special place in my heart as it was the very first Halo map I ever played- but Chillout is my all time GOAT across every Halo game. That map is absolute asymmetrical perfection. I literally jump up and scream at the TV when it comes up for voting and go bonkers when it wins the vote.

(also, I know this was referencing underrated maps- but I just had to express my Chillout obsession, even though it's one of the higher rated maps)

Do you like Cold Storage? I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think it plays pretty well in Halo 3. It was also a nice free surprise on Bungie day.

-Ryn

Banned
I suppose I'm one of the few who actually like Bloodgulch

Lockout Slayer is balls

Gaurdian is pretty cool

Construct was amazing fun

Standoff is one of the greats

Rat Race is pure grav hammer fun at its best

Can't comment on Containment but it looks so fun

Best map in the franchise
Custom Edition GOAT

DJ Gunner

Do you like Cold Storage? I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think it plays pretty well in Halo 3. It was also a nice free surprise on Bungie day.

It's my favorite H3 map. H3 is my least favorite MP of the trilogy, but I'd choose a game on Cold Storage over many other CE and H2 offerings (not all, but many)

-Ryn

Banned
Naded playign H2A

That fuckin ending holy shiiiiiiiiiiit #wesortaback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKXTzN5UXo
Those last 30 seconds

596938.gif

It's so good to have Elites in multiplayer again

I'm going to just keep hopelessly dreaming of BTB on Powerthirst

Nice grenade

CliQ

I suppose I'm one of the few who actually like Bloodgulch

Lockout Slayer is balls

Standoff is one of the greats

Custom Edition GOAT

You are not alone my friend. Blood Gulch is the best 8v8 CTF map there is. A lot of people never experienced it the way I did. It was/is a battlefield!

Standoff is another great big team map with great CTF play. Surprisingly it's not very good for TS.

Lockout is Quake Jr. For people who like to snipe enemies ten feet in front of them.

Impala26

You are not alone my friend. Blood Gulch is the best 8v8 CTF map there is. A lot of people never experienced it the way I did. It was/is a battlefield!

Standoff is another great big team map with great CTF play. Surprisingly it's not very good for TS.

Lockout is Quake Jr. For people who like to snipe enemies ten feet in front of them.

CliQ, I have that clip saved of me preventing the enemy flag from resetting with literally ONE second left during that CTF match on Shrine just post-MCC Saturday night if you'd like me to share that with you.

Easiest way to share things from Upload Studio on XB1 though?

Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Hemorrhage is the most overrated multiplayer map in gaming history.

You're goddamn right.

*Fourth Blood Gultch Remake will appear in Halo 6*

Blood Gultch is overrated!

You all can go to hell.

Blood Gulch suuuuucks

Giant, partly flat map with next to no cover zzzzzzzzz

CUTKTlu.gif

The bad opinion train is running full steam here this morning I see

I think it's been upgraded to the bad opinion bullet-train.

After actually playing on it I think Bloodline is my favorite take on Blood Gulch. It feels like there's just enough cover to get around the map, but a good sniper will still have his way with you. It feels like a good trade off. I was happy my concerns about Bloodline didn't seem to surface.

Still needs more color though

I agree with this, Bloodline might be the best version of Blood Gulch. Too bad I never get to play it, because why would anyone vote for that when you could vote for Lockout?
For the love of god stop voting for lockout.

CliQ

CliQ, I have that clip saved of me preventing the enemy flag from resetting with literally ONE second left during that CTF match on Shrine just post-MCC Saturday night if you'd like me to share that with you.

If you can save it to your one drive and then link me to it that would be great. That way I can download the raw file.

jem0208

If you can save it to your one drive and then link me to it that would be great. That way I can download the raw file.

By far the easiest is Xboxclips.

You can save the videos as well.

CliQ, you're still a Junior lol
Cold Storage is legit. Remakes and spiritual successors are usually the best maps ;]

Halo 5 needs to launch with at least ~20 maps IMO.

EDIT:
Well, Tombstone and Ragnarok probably disprove this theory. I'd also argue that Avalanche is a vastly inferior spiritual successor to Sidewinder.
What's wrong with the design of those maps other than the sandboxes they were in?

Sephzilla

Cold Storage is legit. Remakes and spiritual successors are usually the best maps ;]

Halo 5 needs to launch with at least ~20 maps IMO.

Well, Tombstone and Ragnarok probably disprove this theory. I'd also argue that Avalanche is a vastly inferior spiritual successor to Sidewinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom