• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
You are not alone my friend. Blood Gulch is the best 8v8 CTF map there is. A lot of people never experienced it the way I did. It was/is a battlefield!

Standoff is another great big team map with great CTF play. Surprisingly it's not very good for TS.

Lockout is Quake Jr. For people who like to snipe enemies ten feet in front of them.
brofist.gif

Blood Gulch and Standoff are probably in my top 5 CTF maps ever.

That description of Lockout was beautiful

I think it's been upgraded to the bad opinion bullet-train.

I agree with this, Bloodline might be the best version of Blood Gulch. Too bad I never get to play it, because why would anyone vote for that when you could vote for Lockout?
For the love of god stop voting for lockout.
Don't worry mang. When I get my One I'll vote for it with you.

After actually playing on it I think Bloodline is my favorite take on Blood Gulch. It feels like there's just enough cover to get around the map, but a good sniper will still have his way with you. It feels like a good trade off. I was happy my concerns about Bloodline didn't seem to surface.

Still needs more color though
I will always be disappointed that it wasn't closer to this

BloodGulch.jpg

Would love to play on that.

Impala26

I agree with this, Bloodline might be the best version of Blood Gulch. Too bad I never get to play it, because why would anyone vote for that when you could vote for Lockout?
For the love of god stop voting for lockout.

Note that I agreed with him being OVERATED. It's not a bad umm, "family" of maps, it's just too God-damned simple and anyone who grabs the sniper rifle seemingly transforms into Simo Häyhä (look him up). It's enjoyable for what it is though, and I will give Certain Affinity credit--Bloodline has to be my favorite iteration of that family and that MCC Throwdown Saturday night was evidence of that.

I still prefer Valhalla for my "box canyon" BTB fix. Ragnarok doesn't hold up to Valhalla though, but that could be because of the different sandboxes.

Sidewinder is the best BTB map, Avalanche isn't bad I was looking forward to playing that more in this collection. Lockout is the best small map. The Pit is the most overrated Halo map, it has the most sterile and soulless gameplay out of any Halo map.

HTupolev

Overrated implies that people think highly of it though
Strictly speaking, it implies that people think highly of it relative to how good it is.

The wide open end of the map is a line-of-sight design catastrophe, but the map is usually met with casual indifference.

I'm also not being all that serious.

Touche, good point sir.
I've always believed in gameplay over maps. You can take a seemingly terrible map (ie: Chiron) and have a crap ton of fun on it if the gameplay is solid. For example, I believe CE gameplay on Halo 3 maps would play infinitely better than Halo 3 gameplay on Halo 3 maps lol, and probably even without making slight adjustments to jump height, etc.

CE with mancannons, no fall damage, etc.?

I'd make a case that Avalanche, at least, feels cramped compared to Sidewinder
I think Avalanche was a superior map actually.
Is it automatic? Or is it like approval? I don't know what's going on...
Automatic. You must've been Junior'd lol

Impala26

Halo 4 has Meltdown, which is awful.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

Mantis was totally unnecessary on that map.
Also, if you compare them, Meltdown is actually quite similar to Ice Fields from Halo CE PC--being a snow-themed map that has an overlapping figure-8 shape.

EDIT: What about Longbow in Halo 4? Meltdown and Longbow were fun maps if you were playing Dominion, but for straight up Slayer? Indeed very meh.

Mantis was totally unnecessary on that map.
Also, if you compare them, Meltdown is actually quite similar to Ice Fields from Halo CE PC--being a snow-themed map that has an overlapping figure-8 shape.

EDIT: What about Longbow in Halo 4? Meltdown and Longbow were fun maps if you were playing Dominion, but for straight up Slayer? Indeed very meh.
Yeah, I liked Lonbow for Dominion, but thought it was bad in slayer, played much better for objective gameplay, which is fine I suppose.

I felt like the Mantis was unnecessary on all of the maps. :p

CliQ

6aEghOT.jpg

Heading back to a classic this week! If you would like to play in this week's match send me a PM with your GT (if I don't have it already) so I can add you to the list.

If you want to know what the MCC Throwdown is all about then take peek at this.

See you on the battlefield!

Haruko

6aEghOT.jpg

Heading back to a classic this week! If you would like to play in this week's match send me a PM with your GT (if I don't have it already) so I can add you to the list.

If you want to know what the MCC Throwdown is all about then take peak at this.

Nice.

One Bomb with 3 arms to win? Does that mean unlimited rounds until a team gets a 3rd score?

Impala26

6aEghOT.jpg

oh-snap.gif

Damn, brings me back...
COUNT ME IN!

Sephzilla

6aEghOT.jpg

I'd be down if it was 1 flag

jem0208

We really need to organise some customs where UK people can play...

6aEghOT.jpg

If you want to know what the MCC Throwdown is all about then take peek at this.

Think I'll be able to make this one; count me in!

Also, I didn't miss page 117! Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom