• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iVNC9F0IcdLf6.png

The armor looks kind of like plastic, I hope they're more detailed in the final version.

And also, why does he have 2 BRs?

jem0208

The armor looks kind of like plastic, I hope they're more detailed in the final version.

Pretty sure it's placeholder.

Looks like it's Recon from 4:

MJOLNIR_Recon.png

That's weird about the BRs... Also why does the other one have 224 ammo...

Edit: Incoming customisable weapons.

The Flash

Banned
I wish they'd go for a more beaten up look for the armor. Halo 4's was too clean and plastic looking. Reach armor > Halo 4 armor all day everyday.

CliQ

I need someone to jump on MCC and test the One Bomb settings with me. Just need to make sure arming and disarming times are good.

GT - xCliQuEx party is open.

Karl2177

Anyone else have this issue when recording clips?

http://xboxclips.com/randomraaawr/de66f322-7d63-4257-b3d8-7eb4cfd37684

I wanted to capture the dithering bug when the Hunter charges at me but when I watched my clip afterwards, I noticed the sounds weren't in sync (was only playing on normal so I could rush to terminals. Don't judge me)
I've had this issue also. Only in MCC so far too.

I don't think Halo 5 has two shields, I think the bottom bar is supposed to be health.

Which honestly thank god. I don't like picking up healthpacks for health but I do like the idea of having your health displayed. So you can figured out why you died from one grenade despite your shields seemingly being up again.

Hope they show vehicle health too.

If there's one thing H5 is doing good (almost too good to the point of being overkill) is communicating to the player the state of everything.

We have secondary weapon indicators back, hitmarkers, a bunch of audio cues for stuff, power weapon spawns, spartan chatter, bars for when your thruster comes back, for when your shields will start recharging, and more.

Argueably things like hitmarkers and the excess spartan chatter can go, but it's still doing a lot of things very right.

I think Spartan Chatter to call out enemies and weapons is genius. They just need to get rid of the "NICE KILL BRUH" "GOOD JOB" kinda stuff. The beeps might also need some toning down.

Hitmarkers should be replaced with something more akin to what we had in the Halo 4 conan clip.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Tgh0z6N1ggs/T455kJoJ5fI/AAAAAAAAAxM/bTtIwOgq33s/s1600/Conan.gif
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lGW0gP24KsI/T455mnC3M4I/AAAAAAAAAxU/z7BDuDzYHQ4/s1600/Conan2.gif

When the spartan gets a hit, sparks fly off of the enemy spartan. Stuff like that is perfect. It also gets rid of having grenade hitmarkers.

I'd love for this to return, but hitmarkers are as ingrained now as sprint is. They won't go away simply because of latency. If things were up to me, I'd have pure audio/visual feedback and leave UI feedback elements in a spectator mode.

If Halo 5 ships and we have to pay for DLC maps in 2015 game will slowly die like the others.

Yeah. I'm still really iffy on getting Destiny DLC because it is that same tired model. I don't know if the content is actually worth $20 because pre-release journalists will throw around 9/10s and buzzword filled reviews. By the time player reviews come back, population will have shrunk and/or people might be far ahead of me in progression and the like.

jem0208

I'd love for this to return, but hitmarkers are as ingrained now as sprint is. They won't go away simply because of latency. If things were up to me, I'd have pure audio/visual feedback and leave UI feedback elements in a spectator mode.

I don't understand the problem with hitmarkers. They're a nice bit of info to have and they're very unobtrusive.

I can understand the complaint against Grenade hitmarkers, however weapon hitmarkers seem fine to me.

Karl2177

I don't understand the problem with hitmarkers. They're a nice bit of info to have and they're very unobtrusive.

I can understand the complaint against Grenade hitmarkers, however weapon hitmarkers seem fine to me.

For me, it's that hitmarkers replace a really cool aspect of player feedback. Reach did a really god job of showing that a player was taking damage, how much more they could take, and where they were taking it from. They did that all without hitmarkers. If hitmarkers were in Reach that entire aspect is ignored because players aren't looking for the head recoil, they are looking for a UI element on their screen.

antigoon

Man it would be so cool to see not only some more Halo 2 maps ported to H2A but also the Greatest Hits from Halo 3. Guardian, The Pit, Construct, Standoff, etc.

It's like I almost wish Halo 5 wasn't coming out next year so 343 could properly support this game.

The Flash

Banned
Man it would be so cool to see not only some more Halo 2 maps ported to H2A but also the Greatest Hits from Halo 3. Guardian, The Pit, Construct, Standoff, etc.

It's like I almost wish Halo 5 wasn't coming out next year so 343 could properly support this game.

I feel the same way

FyreWulff

It would have been neat to see some maps ported or demade for the other engines

Midship in Halo 1. Standoff for Halo 2. Haven in Halo 3

I was gonna say the same thing.

On a side note, nothing's working for me right now and I just wanna play some CE. Fucking people keep voting for H3 and it ties and is always first - so it wins.
YES! happens regularly to me as well. Really need a mario kart 8 style random pick for tie votes.

Skullface

YES! happens regularly to me as well. Really need a mario kart 8 style random pick for tie votes.

Some people just don't vote. Fucking scrubs. If you want a H2 game, go to that playlist! Team slayer is the only one with CE games :/

That said, more times than not, I do wind up in CE games.

Some people just don't vote. Fucking scrubs. If you want a H2 game, go to that playlist! Team slayer is the only one with CE games :/

That said, more times than not, I do wind up in CE games.
If 343 can get all the isses ironed out, im sure there will be a ce specific playlist added.

Any updates from 343 yet?

Just finished The Ark on Halo 3. I cant imagine I'm going to have too much patience for this game when I'm done with the campaigns,

Sort your game out 343, you're embarrassing yourself.

I'm seeing a lot of clan tags that are some form of "343 = trash", "343 plz", etc. in FFA.

Funny in a "what does this accomplish" kind of way.

About as much as frank setting his to "Awfully Sorry". People are free to express their feelings towards a product they paid good money for especially when that product is broken as hell.

I'm fine just waiting, I've got other stuff to play and it's going to be fixed when it's fixed but a launch with as many problems as this is/was a rare occurrence especially for a Halo game. I had 2 buddies buy Xbox Ones just to play the game and they couldn't.

This isn't even a case of SaltyGAF gunna be Salty. It's just broke and frankly disappointing.

Skullface

About as much as frank setting his to "Awfully Sorry". People are free to express their feelings towards a product they paid good money for especially when that product is broken as hell.

I'm fine just waiting, I've got other stuff to play and it's going to be fixed when it's fixed but a launch with as many problems as this is/was a rare occurrence especially for a Halo game. I had 2 buddies buy Xbox Ones just to play the game and they couldn't.

This isn't even a case of SaltyGAF gunna be Salty. It's just broke and frankly disappointing.

Yeah... The deciding factor in buying an xbox for me was the MCC. Specifically, Halo 2 online. I was going to get a next gen console specifically for MGSV, but I was really leaning towards PS4. Frankly, I didn't give a damn about Halo 5.

In the end, I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth. MCC is unreliable, Sunset Overdrive is garbage(in my opinion), and I could have picked up the Evil Within on my PS3.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I feel like we're nearing a point of no one caring, lol. I hope they can at least give a timetable soon.

I already don't care. But not in a bad way.

I just don't care when it's fixed, as long as it is. Halo is going to be with me for years, a few weeks without doesn't matter much to me.

plus it cuts down on distractions from classwork

RowdyReverb

Certainly feels that way. The lack of communication has been the biggest burn so far. People who bought the game (particularly non-hardcore fans) are still in the dark.

But, they have been communicating on the Waypoint page, and there were a couple of pop-up messages on MCC that even casual fans would have seen. What more should they do?

The Flash

Banned
Certainly feels that way. The lack of communication has been the biggest burn so far. People who bought the game (particularly non-hardcore fans) are still in the dark.

That's been the worst part of it for me. When something like this happens you don't hide in a corner and hope that it goes away. Be upfront and keep the people who paid for your product in the loop. Give us a realistic timetable, explain why all this happened, start the H5 beta early or extend it. Do something other than be quiet.

And just as I'm about to wrap this post up this happens.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/games-a-status-update-from-bonnie-ross-on-halo-the-master-chief-collection?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On Nov 11th we released Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The goal being to create a tribute to Halo fans around the world, and to celebrate the Master Chief’s debut on Xbox One. With the initial release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, however, we have not delivered the experience you deserve. I personally apologize for this on behalf of us all at 343 Industries. Our team is committed to working around the clock until these issues are resolved.

While our team works on continual improvements and towards solutions, my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

On the matchmaking front, we have encountered unexpected issues that were not apparent in our internal test environment and that have resulted in a frustrating experience, including long matchmaking times and low session success rates. Within 343 Industries and Xbox, I can assure you that resolving these issues is our #1 priority. We continue to partner with the Xbox platform team to analyze all data to make ongoing server-side adjustments to continually improve the matchmaking experience. We are also preparing additional content updates that will address existing campaign, UI, and other issues to improve the overall experience. With each update we will carefully analyze data to confirm that the improvements we’re seeing internally are also happening with fans at home.

Know that we’re trying to be as nimble as possible to put fixes in place. We are planning multiple server-side tweaks and game content updates over the coming weeks. Looking forward, I want to give you a high-level cadence of the latest updates we’re currently working on. Development and testing of our latest content update continues and we are on track for release later this week. We will update you on the status and patch notes of the content update once we have a better understanding of our release window. Only through making changes on both the “server side” (matchmaking and other server rulesets) and, via content updates (to the game itself), can we make the significant progress we’re working towards. And in the interest of expediency, we’re attacking the problem from both sides, non-stop.

As we have been, we will continue to post the details of our updates and other adjustments on Halo Waypoint. Please check our forums at http://aka.ms/mcc_updates for the latest details as we roll out further fixes.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the delay and for the negative aspects of your experience to date. We’re doing everything in our power to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Ross – Studio Head, 343 Industries

Thank you, Bonnie. I accept your apology. I hope you and the rest of the people at 343 have learned something from this launch.

Tawpgun

I don't know the nature or depth of the issues but that little update, while nice, didn't give us ANY new info.

Can you talk about what the problem was? Not just ambiguous "issues" and perhaps something of a timetable? It could be something that's hard to pinpoint exactly (which worries me) but at least something. In x weeks, by the end of the month etc

buy/sell: you and your party can consistently get in and out of Halo 1/2/3/4 games by January, with no party splitting, stand-bying, host migration, or straight up crashes/random game overs

Magwik

Banned
I don't know the nature or depth of the issues but that little update, while nice, didn't give us ANY new info.

Can you talk about what the problem was? Not just ambiguous "issues" and perhaps something of a timetable? It could be something that's hard to pinpoint exactly (which worries me) but at least something. In x weeks, by the end of the month etc

We're never going to get a straight answer. The game was clearly pushed to launch when it shouldn't have.

buy/sell: you and your party can consistently get in and out of Halo 1/2/3/4 games by January, with no party splitting, stand-bying, host migration, or straight up crashes/random game overs

I'd buy that as long as you aren't also expecting the playlist updates for those games to be in place and/or the file share/file saving situation to be improved.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Frankie already said that it was a major bug high up in the code base that handles matchmaking. It didn't show up until the game was put under extreme load at launch.

Are you expecting them to open source the code or what? /s

I would put my money on everyone getting some free Xbox Live Gold time. Not much though, probably 1 month. It is a way of compensating everyone without really costing 343/MS anything.

Weeks? I can only play campaign for so long.

Yeah, there's no way they get this fixed in time for Black Friday...which is a huge downer for people who had Xbox One sales beating PS4 sales in the Great Console War Betting Pool.

Hopefully there will be some kind of population on those dedicated servers whenever they do get them running.

Tawpgun

Frankie already said that it was a major bug high up in the code base that handles matchmaking. It didn't show up until the game was put under extreme load at launch.

Are you expecting them to open source the code or what? /s
Literally never heard of this.

All I remember was "a bug that didn't appear in testing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom