• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully there will be some kind of population on those dedicated servers whenever they do get them running.

This is one issue I think many people are overlooking. Without a healthy population, matchmaking will be no fun. Matching players not near your skill level or on the other side of the planet will only cause further population drops. This debacle may have effectively killed MCC matchmaking.

wwm0nkey

Good thing the Guilty Gear demo is out tomorrow. Hopefully by the time it ends MCC will be fixed.

Kind of already bored of GTA V :/

The Flash

Banned
If this game isn't fixed, for the most part, by Dec. 29th than it'll be dad forever. Try again in Fall 2015 I guess.

Honestly I'm looking for them to reimburse my Xbox Live Gold. I paid MS money to be able to play online and have it work. Judging from the fixes they are developing it seems like this is both a 343 issue and an XBL issue. I would like to receive some sort of credit for the time lost.

That would be something I'd ask Frankie if/when he comes back here. First, how are you going to make up for our lost time with this game? Second, why should I trust you and the rest of 343 from here on out?

CliQ

They have to give us at least one or two more redone Halo 2A maps now right?

Or extend the beta or something right?

Right?

Honestly I'm looking for them to reimburse my Xbox Live Gold. I paid MS money to be able to play online and have it work. Judging from the fixes they are developing it seems like this is both a 343 issue and an XBL issue. I would like to receive some sort of credit for the time lost.

That's been the worst part of it for me. When something like this happens you don't hide in a corner and hope that it goes away. Be upfront and keep the people who paid for your product in the loop. Give us a realistic timetable, explain why all this happened, start the H5 beta early or extend it. Do something other than be quiet.

And just as I'm about to wrap this post up this happens.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/games-a-status-update-from-bonnie-ross-on-halo-the-master-chief-collection?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thank you, Bonnie. I accept your apology. I hope you and the rest of the people at 343 have learned something from this launch.

seems like the classic PR response to me.

we're really sorry.
top people are working on it.
more updates soon.

well okay then!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
seems like the classic PR response to me.

we're really sorry.
top people are working on it.
more updates soon.

well okay then!

IQpAbIx.gif

Dub117

I just beat halo 2 but I never got to see terminal 15, how do I watch it? I have unlocked all of the others.

Edit: nevermind it appears to be a glitch

woodland

Got into my first CE match after quitting like 5 H3/H2A games.

5v5 on prisoner, no problem it's not ideal but whatever.

3 kills in. Game freezes and MCC crashes.

Thank you based 343.

Got into my first CE match after quitting like 5 H3/H2A games.

5v5 on prisoner, no problem it's not ideal but whatever.

3 kills in. Game freezes and MCC crashes.

Thank you based 343.
Im sure your teammates thanked you for quitting out of your first 5 games. Might have been karma.

Mix

weeeeeeeelp

Okay, I know it's hard to seriously discuss "Halo is dead" but I think that it needs to be reasserted...

Basically, if this game isn't fixed by December 25th, Halo will seriously cease to exist. Not literally, Halo 1-4, Reach, ODST, MCC, and even Halo 5 and on will still release, but people won't give a shit anymore, hell most of the people who used to play Halo already don't think it's worth the five minutes it takes to pop into the disc tray anymore. If the Master Chief Collection isn't in a sustainable, working condition by Christmas, Halo will seriously die.

heckfu

Banned
weeeeeeeelp

Okay, I know it's hard to seriously discuss "Halo is dead" but I think that it needs to be reasserted...

Basically, if this game isn't fixed by December 25th, Halo will seriously cease to exist. Not literally, Halo 1-4, Reach, ODST, MCC, and even Halo 5 and on will still release, but people won't give a shit anymore, hell most of the people who used to play Halo already don't think it's worth the five minutes it takes to pop into the disc tray anymore. If the Master Chief Collection isn't in a sustainable, working condition by Christmas, Halo will seriously die.

You're never going to get the job with that attitude!

If the Master Chief Collection isn't in a sustainable, working condition by Christmas, Halo will seriously die.

People still play Reach. It's the premier franchise for a console sold by Microsoft, a company that has shown time and time again that it is willing to lose money in service of a larger goal. It would take a nuclear apocalypse to kill Halo.

On the other hand, low population counts and shoddy post-launch playlist curation can kill your enjoyment of the game. That is a valid concern.

Granadier

weeeeeeeelp

gotta go digital brah

there's a less than 0.0001% chance they remove either ADS or Sprint from Halo 5, no matter how many calm, reasonable, articulate essays you write on the topic, or how many Rock/Citizenkaneclapping.gifs you quote it with

I may be inflating that percentage, actually

there's a less than 0.0001% chance they remove either ADS or Sprint from Halo 5, no matter how many calm, reasonable, articulate essays you write on the topic, or how many Rock/Citizenkaneclapping.gifs you quote it with

I may be inflating that percentage, actually

then we know based on that and the default Control scheme, who their target audience is.

Weeks? I can only play campaign for so long.

Im close to finishing Halo 3 and I feel this way. Fucking weeks? This is getting beyond a joke. What a waste of fucking time buying an Xbox One for this shit heap of a game.

You're never going to get the job with that attitude!

Im happy your back, mostly for this.

343 are bums. Dont expect this thing to work anytime soon is all that PR drivel is telling me.

On a more positive note, Im really enjoying Halo 3. I think I was pretty wrong about the game. The story has an entirely different tone from 2 (In a bad way imo) But the encounters, especially the larger ones are a blast.

Rolling with 4 Scorpions and a load of warthogs against the lines of Wraiths, choppers, ghosts and the Scarabs is so awesome.

weeeeeeeelp

lol no it wont

Halo will never "die" because people will always buy it. It's Microsoft's Mario. Multiplayer will never be king again, but if you really think sales will be bad because of the terrible MCC launch...lol

edit: re-reading that quoted post, maybe it was a joke post? I'm not sure. lol

Granadier

That was a joke at the bolded, but w/e.

Vocal extreme minority are refunding.

weeeeeeeelp

Ehhhhhh, i love yah,but i strongly disagree. All this game needs to do is get it's shit together in a somewhat reasonable timeframe,and it'll be a smash hit. It'll be the killer app for the Xbox One, it's going to be one of those games that you just have to have,much like Halo 3 for the 360 and Halo 1/2 for the Xbox. Halo isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

rrc1594

Damn sucks, but there is no way in hell abandoning Halo. Never sold Halo game before not doing it not. If Gaf customs prove anything is this game is amazing under all the broken bullshit.

Damn sucks, but there is no way in hell abandoning Halo. Never sold Halo game before not doing it not. If Gaf customs prove anything is this game is amazing under all the broken bullshit.

343's last 2 forays into Halo have been okay games under piles of broken shit.
also, 343 knew people didnt like sprint and STILL put it in Halo 5... they "listen"

I've honestly tried to be positive but fuck, the MCC and stuff in Halo 5 that no halo fan asked for are a positivity killer.

Mix

lol no it wont

Halo will never "die" because people will always buy it. It's Microsoft's Mario. Multiplayer will never be king again, but if you really think sales will be bad because of the terrible MCC launch...lol

edit: re-reading that quoted post, maybe it was a joke post? I'm not sure. lol

satire is satirical.

Welfare

also, 343 knew people didnt like sprint and STILL put it in Halo 5... they "listen"

I've honestly tried to be positive but fuck, the MCC and stuff in Halo 5 that no halo fan asked for are a positivity killer.

Well, they are listening to the thousands of people that are still playing Halo 4. The minority is the majority to 343.

Well, they are listening to the thousands of people that are still playing Halo 4. The minority is the majority to 343.

They are also using a control scheme exactly like Call of Duty for the Halo 5 Default. they heard the backlash about sprint and ignored it, they made a superfluous change to the Zoom mechanic and that ties back into the control scheme.

343 made Halo 4 playable but released the MCC in a pitiful state and cant give us real answers as to why the games are broken beyond "there are issues and we are fixing them"

Ramirez

This is one issue I think many people are overlooking. Without a healthy population, matchmaking will be no fun. Matching players not near your skill level or on the other side of the planet will only cause further population drops. This debacle may have effectively killed MCC matchmaking.

Most of the Halo's social playlists have held larger populations, and are known to be slaughters, I don't think that particular point plays into it at all.

I also think people will come back once it works, not everyone, but enough to make MM work. I mean, people still play Halo 3 & Reach on the 360.

rrc1594

I know, but I love Halo it's easily my fav franchise of all time. Even with my issues with Halo 4, I was playing BTB and enjoyed myself. I was talking shit about the game the whole time, but still had fun.

Even if Halo hits Sonic levels I'll still be there Day one. Lets hope that doesn't happen

They are also using a control scheme exactly like Call of Duty for the Halo 5 Default. they heard the backlash about sprint and ignored it, they made a superfluous change to the Zoom mechanic and that ties back into the control scheme.

343 made Halo 4 playable but released the MCC in a pitiful state and cant give us real answers as to why the games are broken beyond "there are issues and we are fixing them"

I agree with you man. It's just the sad reality that fans and players see the game as an art and the developers/publishers see it primarily as a way to make money. I get it, it's a job and they work hard. They want as much money as possible.

They see the numbers COD pulls and they want to grab them. It's just sad but I understand why it works that way.

I think I'm going to be done taking games seriously. I'm always let down.

Ramirez

My main issue with all of these "updates" is that all basically say the same thing. No time table is given, no mention of what they are prioritizing on fixing, etc.

"Coming weeks" & "Top men" doesn't really cut the mustard after 2 weeks of basically no progress.

Why don't they bring back physics to the power ups? Plasma rifle stun? That's something that will freshen things up to a large number of people who didn't play CE and will be accepted by the competitive community.

daedalius

My main issue with all of these "updates" is that all basically say the same thing. No time table is given, no mention of what they are prioritizing on fixing, etc.

"Coming weeks" & "Top men" doesn't really cut the mustard after 2 weeks of basically no progress.

TOP MEN!

Welfare

Why don't they bring back physics to the power ups? Plasma rifle stun? That's something that will freshen things up to a large number of people who didn't play CE and will be accepted by the competitive community.

Making each weapon feel unique should be a top priority for 343. I don't want to think of the weapons like "this set is good against shields, this set is health". Add more to the weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom