• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

It can't be said enough: Fuck the Library on legendary in CE

And then you grenade jump over one wall you're not supposed to in an attempt to make things a little quicker and suddenly spawns are broken and you're left back tracking for 10 minutes fighting enemies you just have to kill again when you correct checkpoints. Booooooo

I wish the flood would just leave me alone!

The Flash

Banned

And then you grenade jump over one wall you're not supposed to in an attempt to make things a little quicker and suddenly spawns are broken and you're left back tracking for 10 minutes fighting enemies you just have to kill again when you correct checkpoints. Booooooo

smh. you got to do it legit bro.

Omni

smh. you got to do it legit bro.
I am now! /grumble

It's not that bad once you get a shotgun. But with the AR and pistol it's just annoying. Those explody things are the bane of my existence. I swear at any one time I have like 20 spores chasing after me

willow ve

Library on Legendary is one of my favorite levels in all campaigns. Played it endless times.

Impala26

Library on Legendary is one of my favorite levels in all campaigns. Played it endless times.

Should be an "Endless Library" Mode

Basically, it would progress like a Firefight mode--each new "level" would add either a new modifying skull and/or give the Flood enemies some other quirk (tons of carrier/infection forms, camo'd, all wielding shotguns or rockets, etc.) Limited lives of course, obviously... :p

Basically, it would progress like a Firefight mode--each new "level" would add either a new modifying skull and/or give the Flood enemies some other quirk (tons of carrier/infection forms, camo'd, all wielding shotguns or rockets, etc.) Limited lives of course, obviously... :p

Combined with the fact that it already has Diet Firefight scenarios waiting for doors to open, this is an awesome idea. It seems like it'd be (relatively) easy to make "endless" maps, too. Something along the lines of a 343 Guilty Spark version where you start coming down an elevator and have to fight your way through some tight corridors that branch out into a more open combat area, flipping some sort of switch and then going back to the elevator to go to the next level, etc. Hell, one I'd love to see would be based on Shutdown in Halo 4 where you mow your way through some cool little interior Forerunner playspaces and then gondola / teleport / mancannon / fly to the next chain-tower.

I endorse this message. Would be an awesome game mode.

The Flash

Banned
I really hope they bring back Firefight or some form of horde based co-op mode to H5. Spartan Ops was cool in concept but bad in execution. I don't need or want narrative in a co-op mode for an fps.

Magni

While our team works on continual improvements and towards solutions, my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

Sooo... what are people expecting/hoping for?

Im sure your teammates thanked you for quitting out of your first 5 games. Might have been karma.

If people want to play Halo 2 or Halo 3, there are dedicated playlists for that. Not the case with Halo CE.

I really hope they bring back Firefight or some form of horde based co-op mode to H5. Spartan Ops was cool in concept but bad in execution. I don't need or want narrative in a co-op mode for an fps.

343 should steal the one thing from cod that will work in halo: Nazi Zombies. Four ODSTs fight against endless waves of Flood.

Omni

I like it on heroic.

But on legendary.. eh. The checkpoints make things so much worse. You can hold out and defend one of those doors for what seems like minutes, pass it, die by a random grenade afterwards and be forced to do the whole thing again. Which is frustrating

I would like both, if it were possible; a well executed Spartan Ops and Firefight (with forge!). But if I had to choose, firefight > spartan ops.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'd also love to see Halo adopt some of the L4D multi-player styles. Should have a firefight mode or campaign mode where it's 4v4 spartans vs bad guys and the bad guys spawn as convenant/flood/forerunners etc.

Similar to gen defense from Reach beta firefight.

Ramirez

So, I never got the achievement for Halo 3 Legendary to pop. I started checking the scoreboards that are listed and noticed Crow's Nest didn't have a score for myself, but my friend's scores were on there. I redid the level, and all of the achievements unlocked, worth looking at if your achievements are stuck.

Thanks man, I put a lot of work into it.

I got your invites on XBL and messaged you back via PM, but I couldn't join because I was working on videos for the guide. If we can get H2A campaign co-op WORKING I'm always down for that. Not gonna bother with matchmaking at all until it's fixed.
Yeah it's cool, I think my motivation to keep trying is almost dead at this point.
-snip-
Wanna hug?
HarbaughBackSlap.gif

Too disappointed for hugs <3
The more I keep playing Halo CE MP.

The more I keep SMH at what the franchise has become.

Apart from the stupid spawns in CE.
Live with this for 4 major Halo releases, spanning over 10 years. Listen to BR scrubs tell you how the Pistol is OP, CE gameplay is for elitist jerks and later be enraged because their Halo 2 turned into CoD, so they lump the original 3 games together to describe how the classic trilogy, most notably Halo 2 and the ever-so-popular-so-it-must-be-best Halo 3, was the ideal gameplay to strive for, unaware that CE is rather different from Halo 2 and Halo 3.

When it's time, shoot me a PM and you can join the development team on
Combat Evolved 2.

Bonus Clip: Ending a FFA with an aimbot :b

13 years of XBL free, two month early Halo 5: Guardians Beta access, Halo 5 Guardians Mythic Collector's Edition for $19.99 and free shipping, exclusive "I Survived The Master Chief Collection Launch" t-shirt armor skin for use in Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer, all Halo 2 maps remade for Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer, all maps ported to all games for free, and two limited-time-offer vouchers to The Blajowskie Hut.

The Flash

Banned
13 years of XBL free, two month early Halo 5: Guardians Beta access, Halo 5 Guardians Mythic Collector's Edition for $19.99 and free shipping, exclusive "I Survived The Master Chief Collection Launch" t-shirt armor skin for use in Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer, all Halo 2 maps remade for Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer, all maps ported to all games for free, and two limited-time-offer vouchers to The Blajowskie Hut.

sounds good to me

Netprints

Thats fair.

Impala26

I'd also love to see Halo adopt some of the L4D multi-player styles. Should have a firefight mode or campaign mode where it's 4v4 spartans vs bad guys and the bad guys spawn as convenant/flood/forerunners etc.

Similar to gen defense from Reach beta firefight.

God DAMN did Bungie drop the ball on this...

This was going to be Halo's "Counter-Operative" mode (Pefect Dark reference).
I loved it in the Beta but was really disappointed that it wasn't a regular firefight matchmaking thing.

RIP in peace Generator Defense... :-(

Amen.

CE shotgun is one of my favorite video game shotguns period. The shotty in Halo 2 feels like garbage in comparison.

One of my best buddies, who wasn't really into FPS's absolutely LOVED rocking the shotgun in CE--both campaign and multi. Halo 2's pathetic shotgun virtually soured the rest of the series for him (though H3's was an improvement). Halo CE's shotty had a fairly realistic and predictable cone/damage drop off with distance while Halo 2's seemed almost ENTIRELY random.

Omni

Oh hey, I didn't realise Waypoint tracked your times and whatnot.

GEEsnaR.png

Just gotta shave a few hours off my time to get those speed run acheivements xD

Sephzilla

One of my best buddies, who wasn't really into FPS's absolutely LOVED rocking the shotgun in CE--both campaign and multi. Halo 2's pathetic shotgun virtually soured the rest of the series for him (though H3's was an improvement). Halo CE's shotty had a fairly realistic and predictable cone/damage drop off with distance while Halo 2's seemed almost ENTIRELY random.

H2A's Shotty is a step back in the right direction though

Magni

It wasn't nicknamed the slotgun for nothing.

CliQ

It wasn't nicknamed the slotgun for nothing.

You aren't kidding. That pathetic pea shooter that is the Halo 2 shotgun should have never released in that state. Believe it or not a real shotgun does have reasonable range. Halo CEs shotgun is very strong but it also was somewhat realistic to how real shotguns behave.

FyreWulff

God DAMN did Bungie drop the ball on this...

This was going to be Halo's "Counter-Operative" mode (Pefect Dark reference).
I loved it in the Beta but was really disappointed that it wasn't a regular firefight matchmaking thing.

RIP in peace Generator Defense... :-(

It was a playlist in the actual release game for a bit.

Sephzilla

You aren't kidding. That pathetic pea shooter that is the Halo 2 shotgun should have never released in that state. Believe it or not a real shotgun does have reasonable range. Halo CEs shotgun is very strong but it also was somewhat realistic to how real shotguns behave.

Yeah, I remember the CE shotgun at the time feeling a bit refreshing because it was so nice to have a shotgun that actually somewhat mirrored how a real life one worked.

Something to really entice the hordes back that were lost during this MM blackout. A package as good as this deserves a booming population (not just the hardcore that will be there regardless). I want to be playing in a player pool as close to the amount that would have been there had it been a regular launch with no problems.

It simply must be something that gets people putting the disc back in their consoles. A free month of Gold or something similarly generic simply won't do. If they release a free map pack, put it in the form of a mandatory TU so everybody has map parity, which is one of the intended aims of the collection in the first place.

Fuchsdh

Amen.

CE shotgun is one of my favorite video game shotguns period. The shotty in Halo 2 feels like garbage in comparison.

What was awesome about the CE shotgun was you could essentially use it as a mid-range weapon to stagger Flood and prevent yourself from getting overwhelmed up close.

I'm pretty sure they killed the effective range in H2.

Ramirez

Oh hey, I didn't realise Waypoint tracked your times and whatnot.

[mg]http://i.imgur.com/GEEsnaR.png[/img]

Just gotta shave a few hours off my time to get those speed run acheivements xD

I'm assuming you skipped a lot of encounters with these times, or am I just that bad at CE? I didn't skip any encounters and have way longer clear times, lol.

Gravemind clocks in at just under 2 hours, fuck that level.

Yeah, this run is being muddied by the fact that during non-combat sections in CE (of which there are a lot in speedruns) this dude's talking about how he doesn't mind people doing cocaine and shit as long as they don't enforce it on other people. Heroin isn't a religion, dude. It's kind of a bad thing to do.

Cortana fleshlight and/or "The Johnson", depending on where you prefer to put things.

"I knew we were friends, but damn!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom