• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Was this posted here already?

New world record speedrun for CE Legendary (first ever sub-90 minute run):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTyCIUP-ws

im not legit questioning the run but i swear to god it seems like some speed runners are playing on easier modes. if that was me trying to speed run i can guarantee you that those elites would hit every shot on me and three grunts would put plasma grenades in my back pocket.

tootsi666

im not legit questioning the run but i swear to god it seems like some speed runners are playing on easier modes. if that was me trying to speed run i can guarantee you that those elites would hit every shot on me and three grunts would put plasma grenades in my back pocket.
There is a reason why new record runs don't happen everyday.

Once it is fixed, make MCC free for a month through Games with Gold then at the end of the month offer a slight discount on the license if people wanna keep playing.

Magni

Once it is fixed, make MCC free for a month through Games with Gold then at the end of the month offer a slight discount on the license if people wanna keep playing.

That could be good for player counts, but apart from that, that seems like an even bigger fuck you to everyone who did buy the game.

Omni

I'm assuming you skipped a lot of encounters with these times, or am I just that bad at CE? I didn't skip any encounters and have way longer clear times, lol.

Gravemind clocks in at just under 2 hours, fuck that level.
I don't think so. I thought my times were really long haha. I just play through normally. No good at skipping things.

Not looking forward to seeing my time for Gravemind on Legendary. I swear you can spend hours in the first bit alone....

Was this posted here already?

New world record speedrun for CE Legendary (first ever sub-90 minute run):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTyCIUP-ws
I'm about 30 mins in. Glad the drug talk has stopped, but he started whining 'cause he screwed up the bridge fall on AotCR. Which is just as bad, IMO. Didn't realise you could go through those levels so fast though

That could be good for player counts, but apart from that, that seems like an even bigger fuck you to everyone who did buy the game.

343 doing to nothing to attempt to recover their lost population would be the biggest possible fuck you.

"Hey guys. The game is fixed now. Enjoy playing it with the other 20 people currently online!"

If you need to feel special for buying MCC day 1 maybe they can give your avatar a t shirt or something.

Sephzilla

That would be a disastrously bad idea because it would even further shaft the people who paid $60 and suffered through 2 weeks (and counting) of launch woes for the game. The only way this idea would work is if the people who already own the game get a different form of compensation that's exclusive to them.

14 days- a month is too long, you'll see some people play all they want to without buying it. Couple that with some sort of... I hesitate to say "reparations," because that's frankly too serious a word, but my vocabulary is failing me, but something of that sort of existing owners, and we're good.

Magni

343 doing to nothing to attempt to recover their lost population would be the biggest possible fuck you.

"Hey guys. The game is fixed now. Enjoy playing it with the other 20 people currently online!"

If you need to feel special for buying MCC day 1 maybe they can give your avatar a t shirt or something.

It's not a matter of feeling special. They fucked up and we took the loss, it's only NORMAL that we get something back.

The Stockholm Syndrome in the gaming industry is frightening.

I prefer molds, not just fleshlights, KyleJ has shown me the light.
Gotta keep it on the cheap for the masses. The vagina licensing fees alone would cost, like, lots of money.

"I've only gotten hog head once in my life, and it's true, I was in hog heaven, but let us not paint me as a swine enthusiast"
13-boss-hogg-hazzard0dui1.jpg

Impala26

14 days- a month is too long, you'll see some people play all they want to without buying it. Couple that with some sort of... I hesitate to say "reparations," because that's frankly too serious a word, but my vocabulary is failing me, but something of that sort of existing owners, and we're good.

Not sure what they should do exactly, but they definitely should do SOMETHING on or around January 17th (1/17). Maybe designate that extended weekend (MLK Day on Monday) as a similar "Try & Buy" deal similar to what was just done with Sunset Overdrive.

As for us who had to suffer from launch... maybe a special exclusive helmet for some of the multiplayer modes? I'm not sure what would be the best course of action aside from something cool/awesome that's only cosmetic.

Magni

Not sure what they should do exactly, but they definitely should do SOMETHING on or around January 17th (1/17). Maybe designate that extended weekend (MLK Day on Monday) as a similar "Try & Buy" deal similar to what was just done with Sunset Overdrive.

As for us who had to suffer from launch... maybe a special exclusive helmet for some of the multiplayer modes? I'm not sure what would be the best course of action aside from something cool/awesome that's only cosmetic.

It should definitely not be an ingame advantage over other players, that would be just stupid.

I'm expecting at least a free month of Gold, hoping for free additional maps for everyone.

It's not a matter of feeling special. They fucked up and we took the loss, it's only NORMAL that we get something back.

The Stockholm Syndrome in the gaming industry is frightening.

The thing you would be getting back is a population to play matchmaking with. Halo is at its best when the population is booming. Let's at least try to get it back there.

This could be the real "try and play" program and it could help get matchmaking back on track.

It should definitely not be an ingame advantage over other players, that would be just stupid.

I'm expecting at least a free month of Gold, hoping for free additional maps for everyone.

I don't see why this keeps getting talked about as a logical outcome. MCC's state at launch is ludicrous for a company selling it a full retail value, but no company releases a product with the intent of it having a negative effect on their own standing. I think DLC unrelated to the incident is a possibility, but I think it's more likely "reparations" in this case, if any, will be something a little more realistic to distribute to customers, for example extra months on LIVE or something.

Karl2177

I don't see why this keeps getting talked about as a logical outcome. MCC's state at launch is ludicrous for a company selling it a full retail value, but no company releases a product with the intent of it having a negative effect on their own standing. I think DLC unrelated to the incident is a possibility, but I think it's more likely "reparations" in this case, if any, will be something a little more realistic to distribute to customers, for example extra months on LIVE or something.

Because this is Microsoft's flagship title with it's own in house developer. With the infinite moneyhouse that is Microsoft, a simple month of Live doesn't come off as "We care about the consumer." Honestly, I'm not expecting more than additional time with the H5 beta.

Sephzilla

Why not? It makes probably the most sense out of all the proposed solutions. It's a free addition everyone gets and it's a hook to get people back in to check out the new 2 or 3 maps they add in.

Free month of Xbox Live? Okay, how does that bring people back to MCC? It doesn't.

Extended Halo 5 beta? That pulls people out of MCC.

Why not? It makes probably the most sense out of all the proposed solutions. It's a free addition everyone gets and it's a hook to get people back in to check out the new 2 or 3 maps they add in.

Free month of Xbox Live? Okay, how does that bring people back to MCC? It doesn't.

Extended Halo 5 beta? That pulls people out of MCC.

It's been suggested the Halo 5 Beta may operate on the same launcher as the MCC. What I'm saying is that the workforce can't just magically spring out of the woodwork to get something done for free. A product that already exists - whether it's a discounted MCC, LIVE money, free downloadable titles, whatever - is by all means expendable and could be provided for the masses at large that were burnt by this. Making maps for H2AMP would require exponentially more work from a development standpoint because you're producing content out of thin air that has to satisfy a smorgasbord of requirements, including:

- functional resemblance to original map of base
- potential changes to aesthetic or environment
- sandbox balancing, from bipeds to weapons to vehicles and how they operate in the new multiplayer engine
- extensive playtesting to ensure we don't end up with another MCC on our hands
- parity / compatability with all associated feature sets, including Forge, Theater, etc.
- UI elements added to game, making sure it plays well with all necessary gametypes
- contacting / commissioning / businessing with the multiple companies responsible for the multiplayer map development side of things
- distribution, making sure the maps are properly greenlit and available for players, and so on

Now, I could see a situation like another Skybox Canvas that made use of existing assets or at least took inspiration from an existing environment because that's substantially less work on their end. As far as creating and promoting completely new content goes, the farthest I can see them going is a new Skybox Canvas with new, non-UNSC / space concrete textures on the Forge objects.

Ramirez

They could give us more maps in the future, I don't think anyone expects them to shit out some new H2A maps in a week. Announce 2-3 new maps as compensation, release them in the Spring/Summer.

Although I don't expect it, anything less is not fair compensation for taking people's money for a defective product. Adding time on to the beta is pure dog shit for compensation, as is a month of Live, give me a break. Here's a free month of something that's already overpriced to begin with!

willow ve

I would just be happy with everything working AND every map / gametype updated to actually be end of life matchmaking variants from the previous games.

Sephzilla

If we had a choice I'd rather wait a bit to get a couple of free H2A maps rather than have an extended beta for a game I don't really care about or have an extra month of live. I don't need instant gratification rewards that don't feel like they're that great in the big picture, the instant gratification will be that MCC is working finally.

Sephzilla

Im okay with that. It really is an entitled world we live in.

I dunno, I don't think it's entitlement to ask for a little extra as compensation for the release of a game that was kind of comically broken at launch. But the people who are seriously asking for ports of ODST or Reach are out of their minds. I think 2 or 3 more H2A maps is about the top of the "reasonable" scale, everything above that is too much.

Omni

I haven't watched any of Nightfall yet

The motivation isn't there. Halo 4, Spartan Ops, and Karan Traviss have really soured me on post-Halo 3 story material. I just can't get excited about it

mannnnnnnnnnn Halo:CE is broken in MCC.

I played my literal first game of Halo:CE in MM last night and it was a train wreck.

Something was going on with the lag/netcode issues so everything happened 5x... When a plasma would explode, it would explode 5 times. It didn't actually do damage all the time, but it was really jarring.

Also, and this one is huge and was not present in Halo PC. Fall damage is broken... It's really hard to explain, but you can kill yourself jumping off something as tall as a spartan. I don't understand how it's doing it, but velocity is for sure broken.

The game also crashed and dumped me to main menu at one point.

etc

Got an achievement called "Third Time's The Charm." I thought it was because I finally got into a game of BTB after 3 tries, but then the game immediately crashed and I realized that wasn't the case.

Magni

Im okay with that. It really is an entitled world we live in.

Wow. Are you trolling, or just challenged? Please explain why you're fine with the launch of the MCC as it has gone so far. And if you're not fine with how it's gone, then how do you truthfully believe that not thinking "oh I'll just wait for the game to be fixed months after I've spent my money on it" is being entitled?

edit: 343 themselves is saying they owe us, because it's true. Not quite sure who you're even defending with that post. You just come off as smug, which is not what I'm used to from your posts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom