• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Holy shit I think that weapons actually interact with bodies now.

When he dies here his AR is propped up against his body. I don't think that's ever been a thing in Halo. Has it?

BF3 chatter would be great.

"I'm getting my shit pushed in here!!"

"Guys, we are losing. Get your fucking shit together!"
We're getting POOPED ON!!

Scrub chatter would be great.

"Shit, I'm so far off host!"

"Warthog coming in left side. Or wait no should I call that right side? Wait that's a mongoose. Shit."
lmao I would LOVE easter eggs in the Spartan chatter. That would actually make me want to keep it on.

Strong pistol and strong AR? Hype levels rising
from almost nothing to kinda hyped

Fuck that slow movement speed though
Movement speed looks ridiculously slow.
Large Midship map, slow base movement, fast sprint so that Greenskull is sprinting 90 percent of the time everywhere.

Coupled with the new no shield recharge during sprint, you're either forced to move slow and get health back or sprint with no shields.

Or, here's a radical idea, bear with me. They up the base movement significantly, so that you are moving pretty fast, and remove sprint entirely and shields recharge normally as they did in the past games. You wouldn't need the map so big either.
Sprint is not even that fast and looks slower than what I'd want for faster base speed lol. Halo's movement needs to be fastttttttttttttt already, not an illusion of speed.

I'm a fan of Midship's increased size, but it would be better implemented with faster default speed and no sprint than a slow movement speed and barely any increase with sprint. Seriously, looked like he was dragging an anchor as he moved around the map. One minute gameplay looks alright and the next movement starts looking like it might be too slow.

In this clip it shows what it looks like when you get shot; your body shakes like crazy but your reticle remains still. I don't know how I feel about it..

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Scrub chatter would be great.

"Shit, I'm so far off host!"

"Warthog coming in left side. Or wait no should I call that right side? Wait that's a mongoose. Shit."

They could just pull lines directly from HaloGAF Throwdowns if Frankie/Tashi ever joined us.

-Ryn

Banned
Did I hear Nathan Fillion AND Adam Baldwin in that Truth Gameplay?
After rewatching it Nathan is definitely in there. Adam might've been as well but it's hard to say.

Serious or not aside, I don't get Halo's aversion to cussing. It's an M rated title, and I don't need it every other sentence like it was a David Goyer script, but you'd think someone would say "shit" once or twice. I'm guessing it's because despite its rating, Halo still attracts a sizable young audience.
It's probably the least gritty, goreless M rated title ever. I really like that it's not stupidly gritty though. Let shooters have some color to them. Really though it could easily be a T game. I'm pretty sure it's an M simply for the sales.

Not saying I don't like swearing or anything by the way.

-Ryn

Banned
Movement speed looks ridiculously slow.

In this clip it shows what it looks like when you get shot; your body shakes like crazy but your reticle remains still. I don't know how I feel about it..
When you're holding a DMR it looks like you're on a ride at Disneyland.

The movement speed is way too slow. It's so weird because it was looking fine in the previous videos.

Yes i am. I believe it is a destructive attitude to have. Me me me me. I was wronged. Give me stuff. Me me me me. 343 is working to get the game fixed. I honestly dont believe they owe anyone anything more than that. But they will because theyre cool like that. I know its not a popular opinion but thats the way i feel.
Yeah gtfo with this. Maybe you're okay with wasting 60 dollars but clearly a lot of people aren't. People paid money for something and didn't get what was promised. Not even promised, fucking expected. A working game is not too much to ask for.

How dare we seek compensation for getting a steaming turd on a plate instead of the steak we ordered.
kttcolicamby

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah gtfo with this. Maybe you're okay with wasting 60 dollars but clearly a lot of people aren't. People paid money for something and didn't get what was promised. Not even promised, fucking expected. A working game is not too much to ask for.

How dare we seek compensation for getting a steaming turd on a plate instead of the steak we ordered.
kttcolicamby
He didn't say he's okay with the game not working. He just said that he doesn't think they owe us anymore than to get the game fixed.

And really, they don't. Yet you can almost guarantee they will compensate everyone in some way. Get a grip.

He didn't say he's okay with the game not working. He just said that he doesn't think they owe us anymore than to get the game fixed.

And really, they don't. Yet you can almost guarantee they will compensate everyone in some way. Get a grip.

Uh I know that. That's why I said they owe us for the game not working.

They really do owe us. You keep kissing up to 343 though. They may even put you in a community spotlight some week

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

kttcolicamby

They really do owe us. You keep kissing up to 343 though. They may even put you in a community spotlight some week
They shouldn't even bother if it's just an extra week of the beta.

giphy.gif

jem0208

They don't owe us anything beyond a game which works as advertised. They're currently working to get it fixed. If you feel that they are taking too long to fix it then get a refund. You aren't owed anything beyond that.

Something extra would be nice and I think 343 definitely should give us something as it would go a long way to help fix their image. However the feeling that they "owe" us something is bizarre.

-Ryn

Banned

No this isn't called kissing up. It's called having a reality check.

I'm no happier with 343 than any of you. However I'm not going to insult them for making a game that I only thought of as a pipe dream a REALITY. I've said countless times that it's bullshit how badly this launch went. However I also realize that they are working to fix the problems and that in the big picture, they are doing way more great things for Halo than they are fucking up. So sorry I'm not jumping on the hate train.

I'm sick of getting pissed off over stupid shit that ultimately isn't a big deal. Now 343 is having another shot at things and I am trying to give them a fair shot. They are doing way more to improve the games than even Bungie did. The MCC not working sucks. Majorly. However destpite what they say, they don't owe you anything. They're just cool like that as Deputy put it.

Fuchsdh

After rewatching it Nathan is definitely in there. Adam might've been as well but it's hard to say.

It's probably the least gritty, goreless M rated title ever. I really like that it's not stupidly gritty though. Let shooters have some color to them. Really though it could easily be a T game. I'm pretty sure it's an M simply for the sales.

Not saying I don't like swearing or anything by the way.

I think that works in Halo's favor, honestly. Because when there are "rated M" moments, they hit that much harder. Such as Forward Unto Dawn literally dropping corpses from space on the heroes.

and Composer face-melting

Madness

If anyone from 343 reads this, Nightfall should have just been one cohesive film instead of being broken into such short segments. Really takes you out of it and the story is barely advancing.

It worked for FuD, not working here. Would've enjoyed it much more watching it from start to finish without any week breaks or any stopping in the short story.

-Ryn

Banned
I think that works in Halo's favor, honestly. Because when there are "rated M" moments, they hit that much harder. Such as Forward Unto Dawn literally dropping corpses from space on the heroes.

and Composer face-melting
It really does. Hell I wish we had more surprises in the series that take advantage of it too. The flood for instance. Holy shit. Nobody knew about them with CE. Now everything is advertised to hell and back.

That part caught me so off guard. It almost gut wrenching.

343 gave us Halo 4, which can be described as a broken version of the original games formula.

Then they gave us MCC, which is just literally broken.

But no, give them a fair shot.

They'll get it right next time, right?

Madness

Had a look at the streams in the Halo channel. From each one having over a thousand to several hundred launch week, most barely have 5-9 viewers left. Pretty sad. Seems like it's gone from anger to sadness to indifference for this game now.

Magni

Has their been any mention of integrating Halo 5 within the MCC?

I have some explaining to do.
Its not so much that im happy with the way the game launched. It was bad and i get that. I just dont like waving a pitch fork at people either. Not trying to be smug i promise. Im trying to be grounded and accept failures on occasion without expecting a bunch of compensation, especially if the company behind the product doesnt have a history of screw ups. However, I shouldnt be throwing around the entitled label at everyone. That was wrong, and i apologize to all of you for that. Ill keep it on the DL.

Edit:

you speak the truth. Thanks for the kind reproval.

Apology accepted :) Everyone would be in a much better mood if we could be playing instead of complaining on forums haha

-Ryn

Banned
343 gave us Halo 4, which can be described as a broken version of the original games formula.

Then they gave us MCC, which is just literally broken.

But no, give them a fair shot.

They'll get it right next time, right?
Way to just put a blanket over everything.
It's like you almost enjoy ignoring the improvements. People were literally just making a list of improvements to the series on the last page.

Fuchsdh

Has their been any mention of integrating Halo 5 within the MCC?

Apology accepted :) Everyone would be in a much better mood if we could be playing instead of complaining on forums haha

Only in the general, but I think it's likely there will at least be launchers and springboards from the Halo Channel and MCC. The Xbox One makes transitioning between games much more seamless so while they're likely to stay separate, it would be awesome if you could bring lobbies between games and such.

Way to just put a blanket over everything.
It's like you almost enjoy ignoring the improvements. People were literally just making a list of improvements to the series on the last page.

I'll trade those improvements for a game that works, personally

Magni

Is no one in the Halo 3 playlist going for the achievement. Been trying for 15 minutes without a game now :(

Only in the general, but I think it's likely there will at least be launchers and springboards from the Halo Channel and MCC. The Xbox One makes transitioning between games much more seamless so while they're likely to stay separate, it would be awesome if you could bring lobbies between games and such.

I don't know how much of Halo 5 MP I'll be playing, I'll see how the beta feels and what the playlists/maps are like on launch, but it'd be nice to be able to easily switch from one campaign to all the others.

-Ryn

Banned
I'll trade those improvements for a game that works, personally
I'm not just talking about improvements for Halo 5.
I mean improving as a studio and doing a lot of great things for the series.

The MCC will eventually work. It just isn't working when it should've. Consider it early access if that helps
I'm sure it won't.

Sephzilla

Last year I had to deal with my favorite action franchise, Devil May Cry, get dragged through the mud with a shitty unwanted reboot.

Now my favorite shooter franchise gets dragged through the mud with the fucking Master Chief Collection debacle.

I swear to God if Bloodborne gets fucked up next year I'm going to be so depressed with gaming that I might start selling consoles.

I'm not just talking about improvements for Halo 5.
I mean improving as a studio and doing a lot of great things for the series.

they went from shipping bad games that worked day one, to good games that don't

Now all they gotta do is combine the two

-Ryn

Banned
My brother and I worked off the honor system... I still wonder.

they went from shipping bad games that worked day one, to good games that don't

Now all they gotta do is combine the two
Bad games that don't work day one, got it .
giphy.gif

Really though I don't think Halo 5's launch will be a failure like the MCC's was. Let's just hope the gameplay stacks up.

FyreWulff

We somehow ended up with two TVs available to us at one point, so I totally did the N64 RF Switch -> cable splitter and sent the video to both TVs, covering different halves of each one for some GE/PD/Starcraft 64

good times

Zoolader

Working on a sort of remake/remix of High Grounds.

1546196_10154988278150647_3039380021227709489_n.jpg

At least, it has the core idea of High Grounds in there. It's being made primarily for Territories and One Bomb/Flag.

We finally have a Halo game where there is a Forge capable enough of re-creating that map somewhat faithfully. I remade High Ground in Halo 4 and Reach and I'm kinda bummed about not being able to try my hand at it again since I haven't bought an XboxOne yet. I'll be waiting to see how yours turns out.

nillapuddin

Halo 5 gun be gud

We somehow ended up with two TVs available to us at one point, so I totally did the N64 RF Switch -> cable splitter and sent the video to both TVs, covering different halves of each one for some GE/PD/Starcraft 64

good times

#justfyrethings

That sounds awesome

Imagine jumping off a ledge from a weapon spawn to reach from point A to point B but you know with TP boost across won't be enough to make it but ledge grab allows you instead could be interesting.

Computer

Just had a strange glitch. I got blown up in the banshee and the banshee flying audio never stooped playing the entire match.

Imagine jumping off a ledge from a weapon spawn to reach from point A to point B but you know with TP boost across won't be enough to make it but ledge grab allows you instead could be interesting.

If players were meant to make a jump, they would be able to make the jump regardless of the mechanics. Ledge grab is just a layer of flashy, yet ultimately pointless, animations in between the player and actual gameplay. Cutscenes belong in campaign, not in my jumps. Or did you like QTEs pulling you out of gameplay in Halo 4?

-Ryn

Banned
If players were meant to make a jump, they would be able to make the jump regardless of the mechanics. Ledge grab is just a layer of flashy, yet ultimately pointless, animations in between the player and actual gameplay. Cutscenes belong in campaign, not in my jumps. Or did you like QTEs pulling you out of gameplay in Halo 4?
It has a function. It adds potential for trick jumps and interesting plays such as jumping off a ledge, boosting back, and then climbing back up (a fake out essentially). It's not a QTE just because it's contextual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom