• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Looks great, but I still don't get the breakout mode.

It looks like your shields are down, but also looks like you can't just get headshots right away?
They haven't really explained how the shield system is supposed to work. Initially I thought the top bar was your shields and the bottom bar was your health. However now with Breakout the top bar is gone but the shields are still there. It's kind of confusing.

343 you need to change the spartan chatter in/out sounds. Just take it out. It's highly unnecessary and irrelevant.

Keep in mind that you've got Spartan call outs + Weapons, Shields, Beepings.. Grenades, Sprinting, Thrusting, and all other sound effects that are more often being used during each game. Why clutter the latter of feedback even more with it???
Give me the option for purely comedic Spartan Chatter and I'll be happy. The option though. Option...
SERIOUSLY OPTION PLZ

The two things that immediately come to mind are Sentinels and Flood.
Yeah, I was thinking flood or Promethean. Keep in mind they would be NPC, no way to actually play as them so we can go all out. Grunts, Brutes, Elites. Large Invasion map with Scarabs.
Sentinels and Flood make the most sense to me because they are sort of automatic attack bots who don't really care who the target is. Jackals or Grunts or something might have some loyalty to one side or the other if we are looking at a game type like Invasion with Elites in it.
If we have Scarabs in multiplayer I will lose my shit.
That would mean the maps would be HUGE and vehicles would have to be fucking amazing. I would be very okay with a special gametype like this (I highly doubt it will happen though).

Sentinels sound like a really good idea. Flood kinda seem weird. Jackals and Grunts would think we're still butthurt about the whole trying to kill us thing if we used them in our simulations.

One thing makes me feel good.

It seems like sprint isn't being used much once you get to the action zone. Thrusters were used much more often.

Treadmill starts still seem odd.
It's nice seeing all the movement abilities used so much during combat. I'm still waiting for them to get their feet swept from under them and then launched into the air flailing.

Your avi looks better and better every time I see it

hTeKKUl.jpg

RowdyReverb

I would love to see a revamp of Invasion with the addition of server-controlled AI creeps. Imagine Spartans vs. Elites but with AI marines/ODSTs battling grunts and jackals all the while.

-Ryn

Banned
I would love to see a revamp of Invasion with the addition of server-controlled AI creeps. Imagine Spartans vs. Elites but with AI marines/ODSTs battling grunts and jackals all the while.
As long as they aren't the poo brain levels of stupid that the Titanfall marines are then that sounds cool. I don't even kill those guys because I actually feel bad for them. It's like watching a toddler with no motor skills try to work a switchboard.

jem0208

Second thrust takes down your shields?
No, you'd never use the second thrust during combat if it worked like that. I don't think you'd need a disadvantage at all really...

If you had to have one I'd say a longer recharge if you thrust for a second time.

-Ryn

Banned
No, you'd never use the second thrust during combat if it worked like that. I don't think you'd need a disadvantage at all really...

If you had to have one I'd say a longer recharge if you thrust for a second time.
I just worry that while 1 thrust is awesome and can spice up combat, would 2 thrusts be overkill and make timing less important?
It sounds like it'd be cool but I don't know. Will have to see how it plays in the beta as it is. Though from what I've seen I'm really happy with it.

IHaveIce

Banned
The spawns on the anniversary maps are terrible and you can carry way too much grenades for Warlord.

Honestly, the game works damn fine now for me, Chambers. You know the uneven teams are in by intention still?

For me the game works, but I need the settings to be changed asap on many maps.

The spawns on the anniversary maps are terrible and you can carry way too much grenades for Warlord.

Honestly, the game works damn fine now for me, Chambers. You know the uneven teams are in by intention still?

For me the game works, but I need the settings to be changed asap on many maps.
I'm honestly happy to wait untill it's %100. Ranking and correct limits,working party system, UI, all bugs ironed out etc. Anything less and I just feel like it's a waste of time. The Legendary campaigns will do as my Halo fix for a while.

I have BF4, Titanfall, Killer instinct to keep me busy for a few weeks/months. Sucks I spent the money for a Xbox One just for this game but fuck it, can't refund it now.

Onikaan

What is going on?

I'm playing Halo 3 having a blast, feels good (like I have host every game!). Shots are connecting, melee works perfectly.

Then I go to play my baby, Halo 2... and it's freaking garbage. Shots not connecting, melee not connecting, dude's zapping around like the host is on the moon or some other obscure place that doesn't have the internet.

Don't understand, man.

-Ryn

Banned
What is going on?

I'm playing Halo 3 having a blast, feels good (like I have host every game!). Shots are connecting, melee works perfectly.

Then I go to play my baby, Halo 2... and it's freaking garbage. Shots not connecting, melee not connecting, dude's zapping around like the host is on the moon or some other obscure place that doesn't have the internet.

Don't understand, man.
I wonder if Mars had internet at some point... one day...

Omni

Can you get the par time achievements and the under 3 hours thing while playing on easy?

I looked at a few speed runs and tried to emulate a few things while playing on Legendary in Halo 2 the other day. A lot of it just seems to boil down to luck if you want any hope of beating these things... Playing on easy would make it so much easier, I'd think

Detective

PoX4EPi.gif

If we're lucky the secret unrevealed gametype will be a magical blast of vehicle mayhem and bigass maps

Hahahahah.
That's it. loool.
I hope you are right bro.
Really looking forward to it :D

When of the craziest glitches I had in H2A is on Quarantine Zone level.

I was playing legendary co with my brother over live, And we got separated on the first tunnel. Each time. And when I say separated I don't mean from each other Physically, I mean separated in time. Like I was driving the ghost and was almost done with the level, but my player was still beside my brother also driving but crashing and falling. So when my player with my brothers dies, I also die and vice versa. So my brother kept telling me what am I doing? Why are you falling of cliffs and like that, I say am not, Am in the second tunnel now. And boom, am dead.

We got separated. To parallel universes.

What my brother had on his screen wasn't on mine, Even though the player were physically together, But they weren't. Sort of... Crazy

Akai__

Looks damn frustrating. People will abuse all these abilities and the game will be slower, because of that and not really faster. I'm already seeing everyone running away, Thrusting behind corners, climbing up walls and hide from enemies. Oh boy...

What are the chances, that we'll be able to turn everything off and play a stripped down classic version of Halo? What are the chances for a playlist like that? Although I can't see it working with these huge maps designed for sprint.

*30 seconds to Sniper Rifle.*

*Power weapons in 30 seconds.*

*10 seconds to Sniper Rifle.*

*Power weapons in 10 seconds.*

That sounds... redundant.

FTFY.
So casual friendly, though.

jem0208

Looks damn frustrating. People will abuse all these abilities and the game will be slower, because of that and not really faster. I'm already seeing everyone running away, Thrusting behind corners, climbing up walls and hide from enemies. Oh boy...

FTFY.

The game clearly isn't slower though. It's much more fast paced than any of the previous Halos.

Also they've said that the multiple power weapon call outs are a bug! So yes, it's currently redundant but it won't be like that when it releases.

tumblr_m1axq3n5qo1r99f4t.gif

That's gotta be a bug... right?

Yes, yes it is.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.p...r-beta-reveal-discussion/page-159#entry339311
On the Topic of Weapon Callouts, I mentioned this earlier in this thread. I love the fact that there are talking timers, but if weapons are spawning at the same time (in the games current state) the radio chatter comes through non-stop. A Sniper that is 10 seconds away from spawn has 3 lines of dialogue attached to it, one for 10s, one for the spawn, and one if your teamate picks up the Sniper. Double all of this if two Snipers spawn at once (this also relates back to my point about having two different power weapons/powerups on Empire). If two weapons MUST spawn at once, their Radio chatter should be consolidated together. "Weapons in 10" "Power Weapons are Up". The weapon pickup callout is redundant, just leave the text on the bottom of the screen.

You are correct. That is the intended functionality. It's just for beta we let that one slide because it is a beta after-all and there were other issues we want to fix up before the beta went live.

-Ryn

Banned
Hahahahah.
That's it. loool.
I hope you are right bro.
Really looking forward to it :D

When of the craziest glitches I had in H2A is on Quarantine Zone level.

I was playing legendary co with my brother over live, And we got separated on the first tunnel. Each time. And when I say separated I don't mean from each other Physically, I mean separated in time. Like I was driving the ghost and was almost done with the level, but my player was still beside my brother also driving but crashing and falling. So when my player with my brothers dies, I also die and vice versa. So my brother kept telling me what am I doing? Why are you falling of cliffs and like that, I say am not, Am in the second tunnel now. And boom, am dead.

We got separated. To parallel universes.

What my brother had on his screen wasn't on mine, Even though the player were physically together, But they weren't. Sort of... Crazy
lmao should've recorded that. One of the first glitches I ever figured out in Halo 2 was making my tank go flying across the entire level on Alpha Halo. Was good times. Not quite parallel universe level though.

As for the BTB, if what Kampfield said is any idication, it's going to be sweet.
Guess we're gonna have to wait a while for any news on that though.

FTFY.
I can see it going the other way as well. The abilities can be used very aggresivelly. Using the thruster to throw off your enemy or thrust right behind him. You could use the ground pound to blast down at them. Clamber could be used to gain a vantage point or trick your enemy with a fake out. I really want to find out how integrated the abilities are with each other so we can really see what we're dealing with.

Akai__

The game clearly isn't slower though. It's much more fast paced than any of the previous Halos.

Also they've said that the multiple power weapon call outs are a bug! So yes, it's currently redundant but it won't be like that when it releases.

That's what people said about Halo 4 and Halo Reach and it was indeed slower. Once everyone has this game, people will do everything in order to abuse it. You are being blinded by some testers, who haven't figured out everything and are in no way the representation of the average Halo player.

To the second part. Completely removed or just one of them? What about the text on the right side of your HUD?

Detective

lmao should've recorded that. One of the first glitches I ever figured out in Halo 2 was making my tank go flying across the entire level on Alpha Halo. Was good times. Not quite parallel universe level though.

As for the BTB, if what Kampfield said is any idication, it's going to be sweet.
Guess we're gonna have to wait a while for any news on that though.

Yeah. I should have recorded that, But I was mad. Because each time I die we have to start all over again. Hahahha. You know how H2 works. Flying tank? Wow. Hahaha. That sounds lots of fun.

I really hope Kampfield is right about that.
BTB, here we come.. :D

-Ryn

Banned
After weapon spawns:

*Sniper Rifle is ready*

*Power Weapons are up*

*Grab the Sniper Rifle*

*Get popcorn and eat it*

*Drizzle it with butta*

*Get refreshments*

*Fap to Star Wars teaser*

*10 seconds till white stuff*

*White stuff in 10 seconds*

*Power down in 10 seconds*
*Have wet dream*

*Wake up hot and sweaty*

*Check downstairs in 10 seconds*

*Ready to check downstairs*

*sigh*

Yeah. I should have recorded that, But I was mad. Because each time I die we have to start all over again. Hahahha. You know how H2 works. Flying tank? Wow. Hahaha. That sounds lots of fun.

I really hope Kampfield is right about that.
BTB, here we come.. :D
Damn straight.

Flying tanks are awesome
and highly volatile

jem0208

That's what people said about Halo 4 and Halo Reach and it was indeed slower. Once everyone has this game, people will do everything in order to abuse it. You are being blinded by some testers, who haven't figured out everything and are in no way the representation of the average Halo player.

To the second part. Completely removed or just one of them? What about the text on the right side of your HUD?

The abilities in Reach and 4 were completely different though. You had armour lock which stopped the game for about 10 seconds, cloak which promoted camping etc.

5's abilities are all movement based and can be used even more effectively with aggressive maneuvers than retreating. How useful is ground pound and charge going to be when you're running away?

-Ryn

Banned
The abilities in Reach and 4 were completely different though. You had armour lock which stopped the game for about 10 seconds, cloak which promoted camping etc.

5's abilities are all movement based and can be used even more effectively with aggressive maneuvers than retreating. How useful is ground pound and charge going to be when you're running away?
I keep forgetting that we have slide now... that's like... the one thing nobody has brought up really.

I guess it just slides by unnoticed

Akai__

I didn't even mention those 2 abilities in combination with running away, but since you brought them up...

Those abilities can also slow down the game, because people could camp a certain position in order to tackle someone from behind/side or wait until someone gets into range of ground pound arround the corner (takes some time to charge it anyways).

I see so many flaws in those abilities and I really hope I'm wrong. I know that I really don't want to deal with them, though. Hoping for the best, while I don't get my hopes up.

lol

Don't forget *betray your team mate for the power weapon*

Giving everyone the ability to shoulder charge makes the Energy Sword less unique, doesn't it? Lunge used to only be on one power weapon, now everyone spawns with it.

jem0208

Giving everyone the ability to shoulder charge makes the Energy Sword less unique, doesn't it? Lunge used to only be on one power weapon, now everyone spawns with it.

You need to be at max sprint to lunge though. So I imagine it's not going to be something people use a lot during combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom