• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Okay guys, will check back in next week. Smoke signal me or something if/when Microsoft's top men come through with the goods.

I'm done with this game until the beta. This game is trash and that isn't hyperbole.

The entire experience is a flawed mess. Life is too short for me to be spending time with a product I spent 60 dollars on and sold all my consoles (Wii u, 3ds, and ps4) to play and end up being frustrated and pissed off most of the time.

Back to CSGO. Screw this generation of gaming.
Right. But when I say this...

-Ryn

Banned
^5 for Oregon. I used to live in Beaverton, right near Portland. Fantastic area.
I'll check it out thanks.
Yeah I'm in Gresham right now. Place is pretty nice. Love the hills and greenery. The rain is lovely too.

Okay guys, will check back in next week. Smoke signal me or something if/when Microsoft's top men come through with the goods.
Good thing your nose is so bright.

I just realized the irony with your avatar

Still way too many unbalanced games, still can't get into "Big" Team Battle. Halo CE's hit registry sucks. Though I got matches consistently in team slayer today, so that's something!

I'm done with this game until the beta. This game is trash and that isn't hyperbole.

The entire experience is a flawed mess. Life is too short for me to be spending time with a product I spent 60 dollars on and sold all my consoles (Wii u, 3ds, and ps4) to play and end up being frustrated and pissed off most of the time.

Back to CSGO. Screw this generation of gaming.
UCpKbbS.gif

Right. But when I say this...
I'll try and be consistent lol :D

I've kind of become a beer snob the past year or two. Now I only look to try all kinds of unique or craft beer from all over as opposed to just having Molsons or Heineken etc.

Lot of great breweries in Seattle and Portland now as well. You eventually get accustomed to and start to like certain tastes/styles.

Living in Belgium, it's like beer valhalla here.

One of my local drinking holes has a lot of american stuff too, though, should probably give some of those a try.

RowdyReverb

What are you favs?

Most stuff I drink is from the Houston area. Favorite on a hot day is Southern Star Bombshell Blonde or Karbach Weisse Versa. I think all time favorite if I'm willing to spend some money is Ommegang Three Philosophers. Breckinridge Agave Wheat also comes to mind. Always reaching for ones I haven't tried yet though.

One of my local drinking holes has a lot of american stuff too, though, should probably give some of those a try.

I visited the Half Moon Brewery on my honeymoon there. Very cool. Good beer.

Caayn

Completely forget that EP4 of nightfall was out, so I wanted to watch it. But where did the subtitles go to 343i? You finally got proper ones after the first episode, which were terribad, but now they're gone all together :(

TheOddOne

Games, and or Companies ruined by Elzar's Curse:

- Battlefield 4/Hardline by Dice;
- Destiny by Bungie;
- Bioshock/Irrational Games closure by Elzar's Curse;
- Payday 2 by Overkill Software;
- MCC/Halo 4 by 343 Industries/Elzar's Curse.

vote.png

Got a brand new bug for ya'll good folks

So when you get to the end of a film in Halo 3 theatre (haven't tried it with H4 or 2:A) you can't rewind the film or interact with the camera in any way, the only option available is to press start and exit the film back to the menu.

Ghazi

Got a brand new bug for ya'll good folks

So when you get to the end of a film in Halo 3 theatre (haven't tried it with H4 or 2:A) you can't rewind the film or interact with the camera in any way, the only option available is to press start and exit the film back to the menu.

Sounds like a new feature imo, MCC has tons of those.

Lmao Fuck you.

On the topic of drinks, I usually just waltz into Starbucks, go up to my friendly neighborhood barista and order the gayest frappuccino they have.

He's not wrong tho. My boyfriend is gay - not pansexual like me - and literally all he ever gets from Starbucks are frappuchinos. It has to do with him wanting to keep his teeth white. It's gotten to the point where for his birthday I printed out a bunch of copies for a custom frappe recipe as one of his birthday presents so he could just hand them the card and have them make it without having to look all that crap up.

also zoojy is into dudes confirmed (again)

willow ve

My man. Don't worry about trying American. Their best beers are the varieties that attempt to recreate Belgian superiority. With so much amazing beer from Belgium there's really no need to go outside your current area.

Huyghe Brewery (Delirium Tremens)
Brouwerij St Bernard (Saint Bernardus)
Brouwerij Corsendonk
Chimay
Orval
Rochefort
Duvel
De Koningshoeven Brewery (La Trappe)
Westvleteren
Huyghe Brewery

That's just a list off the top of my head of delicious Belgian beers. Belgium is beer mecca.

For those that "don't like beer" or think it "smells like piss" try anything from any of those breweries. If you can't find those in your local (and you're in North America) try something from

Unibroue (La Fin du Monde, Trois Pistoles, or Maudite)
Ommegang (Hennepin, Rare Vos, Three Philosophers)

Get a bomber of any of the above. Pour yourself a full pint. Drink it slowly. You can start with a refrigerated beer (35F) and if you savor it over 30-45 minutes it'll slowly warm up and the flavor will completely change for you. If you have a second pint right away you'll agree by the end of the bottle this is the best damn beer you've ever had (helps that most of these beers are 7%-10%+ ABV).

Stop drinking bad stuff.

-Ryn

Banned
My man. Don't worry about trying American. Their best beers are the varieties that attempt to recreate Belgian superiority. With so much amazing beer from Belgium there's really no need to go outside your current area.

Brouwerij Corsendonk
Chimay
Orval
Rochefort
Duvel
Westvleteren
Huyghe Brewery

That's just a list off the top of my head of delicious Belgian beers. Belgium is beer mecca.

For those that "don't like beer" or think it "smells like piss" try anything from any of those breweries. If you can't find those in your local (and you're in North America) try something from

Get a bomber of any of the above. Pour yourself a full pint. Drink it slowly. You can start with a refrigerated beer (35F) and if you savor it over 30-45 minutes it'll slowly warm up and the flavor will completely change for you. If you have a second pint right away you'll agree by the end of the bottle this is the best damn beer you've ever had (helps that most of these beers are 7%-10%+ ABV).

Stop drinking bad stuff.
Pretty much Deschutes brews rock my world.
I love you guys

Brouwerij Corsendonk
Chimay
Orval
Rochefort
Duvel
Westvleteren
Huyghe Brewery

Stop drinking bad stuff.

Oh, I've tried all of those, trust me. On a regular night out I'll try at least one thing new, if not more.

Evilore actually bought me a Westvleteren a couple of years ago, when he was in Belgium. It tastes like God's pissing on your goddamn tongue, so good. I need to pick up a crate sometime.

My favorite is Kwak, though. Amber deliciousness. And look at that glass:

TEEIgt9.gif

On-topic, listening to the H2A OST got me pumped to play Halo again. Just gonna wait for them to fix more stuff before I actually commit again, don't want to get burned.

- Destiny by Bungie;

vote.png

why can't he get banned

like from life

Brouwerij Corsendonk
Chimay
Orval
Rochefort
Duvel
Westvleteren
Huyghe Brewery

Stop drinking bad stuff.

That beer, specifically La Fin du Monde (the end of the world beer), is incredible. Who would have thought Quebec could craft something better than poutine.

--

I got through Halo 3's campaign, and I'm slowly working through Halo 4's. I think Halo 3 might be my favourite campaign over all to play through. CE has a special place, but 3 just trumps most all the others, including Reach and 4 when it comes to the variety and scale of the encounters. You can approach the game in so many ways, it's impressive to this day even for the Halo sandbox. And the game looks amazing in 1080p~60.

Besides Halo MCC campaigns and crying trying to find matches, I've been sinking some time into other games a lot lately - which is nice because it's rare that I'm in a big gaming mood lately. Finally managed to hit level 30 on Destiny with my Warlock, and just this past week pushed my alt Huntress to 29. I'm super ready for the expansion next week. :)

~30 hours into Dragon Age Inquisition on PC. I've played about 25% of DAO, and none of DA2, but wow... I'm loving this one. I had to read up a beginner's guide to the story on kotaku of all places in order to get up to speed, but I really am enjoying the story and exploring the different locations in the game. It's beautiful, and might be one my top RPGs I've played. I made a Qunari Warrior, which is hilarious, but <3 Solas. The best character.

Best part about Dragon Age is that my SO picked it up to play, too, and has played twice as much as me (10 characters, not kidding...) so we get to geek out over it. Which is nice because we haven't both liked the same game since Skyrim, even though we both get through a respectable amount of games per year. Really impressed with Bioware since a long time with this one.

-Ryn

Banned
Happy birthday to the bae, Mix, he's at the ripe old age of 20, which is getting into Louis Wu territory, expect a walker in the mail bud.
Happy Birthday Mix

How does it feel to no longer be one of them teenage whippersnappers?

I'm still waiting on my walker

Evilore actually bought me a Westvleteren a couple of years ago, when he was in Belgium. It tastes like God's pissing on your goddamn tongue, so good. I need to pick up a crate sometime.
Dat imagery

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm really hoping the game works this evening after work. This will be weekend four that MCC doesn't work.

It's been a month since launch. :(

- Destiny by Bungie;

vote.png
We need to petition his parents to take away his game consoles, for realz

Looks like a broadword launching station.

That thing looks bigger than Broadsword to me, but maybe. Halo 5 hints scale to me, so I can see this as being early concepts at some sort of response to the giant forerunner bird vehicle thing we saw in the trailer. Thinking about the Mammoth tank in Reclaimer in Halo 4, I'm imagining Halo 5 could have something the likes of Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U, where the scale shifts considerably from running around on foot to getting in the mech and flying around fighting giant monsters. Titanfall does it to a lesser extent where the maps are much simpler and "blocky" when using a Titan, versus running around buildings as a Pilot where the map is much more complex - despite being in the same place. In Halo 5, these "super-vehicles", Mammoths, Scarabs, Harvesters, that UNSCish looking thing above, could be similar in concept. And this type of thing could extend throughout campaign, mp (epic team battle), etc. I could see it.

If 343 wants to preach equal starts, then remove Sprint. If players have to lower their weapons to move then most battles will begin with one player being shot and unable to immediately return fire. Encounters like that are the opposite of two equally capable players fighting it out and the better man winning.

If 343 wants to preach equal starts, then remove Sprint. If players have to lower their weapons to move then most battles will begin with one player being shot and unable to immediately return fire. Encounters like that are the opposite of two equally capable players fighting it out and the better man winning.

Then the other player shouldn't have sprinted straight into the enemy team. (I do this all the time, no regrets).

Still equal starts dude.

willow ve

This does continue to promote the gameplay of "whoever sees the enemy first gets the kill" which is basically BF or COD in a nutshell.

Akai__

This does continue to promote the gameplay of "whoever sees the enemy first gets the kill" which is basically BF or COD in a nutshell.

Except, that you really can't dodge in games like BF and CoD. In Halo strafing does wonders, just like it does in arena shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom