• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Would be cool if the title screen had the newest build information/version. Didn't H2 do this back in the day?

I agree. There should be a static build number of the game in the corner of the screen, plus, there should also be a news of the day box, and additionally there should be a status of the datacenters, or at least an option to choose which datacenter you want to play from.

Titanfall does this really good.

jem0208

CE and Halo 4 have provided me with more fun than H2/A and H3 in this collection. I'll probably play those the most once there are playlists for them.

Someone in HaloGAF had a tag with a Games Played counter lol; good laugh.

I haven't played a single game of 4 yet.

They should put the legendary settings in Team Slayer when they sort the rest of the game out.

FyreWulff

There was a Halo 4 DLC map that looked about as huge, scale wise, that's not what I'm talking about.
Complex is a pretty big map, but it looked rather small and there was absolutely no sense of scale.
Complex and Overlook are about the same size, but for some reason the place Overlook is set in looks really vast and immersive. I think it also boiles down to atmosphere and "depth" of textures. I think it also has to do with the fact that in Reach, the vistas are made up from actual geometry (and if not, it at least looks like it does).

I don't know how to explain this, I'll try to provide images:

I really liked the scale and visuals of Halo: Reach.

When you have real geometry around the playspace as the skybox (it's still weird to think of certain things as 'real' in software, lol) you have parallax when moving around the player space. It's the same information your brain uses in real life to sense the scale of your environment.

Since Halo 4 leaned heavily on flat jpg skyboxes in multiplayer, and in a lot of places in campaign, you lose parallax. Add in the fact that the skyboxes were lower res and it made it more obvious you were looking at a flat texture. Flat texture skyboxes distort incorrectly when you look around and have no parallax, so no sense of scale or distance away from you.

Mdot

I'm going to fire it up when I get home from work and try out the new patch. Any more updates from you guys that have been playing?

CliQ

I'll be on MCC tonight if people want to party up for MM or Customs.

As for the highlights video I'm having technical issues this week. I'm not sure if I will produce one or not yet. If I do it won't be until later in the week because of my work schedule. Sorry guys.

So first they had this problem with the 360 version and now with this version? And didn't fix it? Is that what you saying?

Something tells me there were a lot more prudent problems on their plate than going and fixing a memory issue in Halo 4. If they aren't going in and making bugfixes in the other ports save for stuff like pre-existing patches / updates, they sure as hell weren't going to for 4.

So Halo 4 is now Turbo mode...at least in game it seems. The added armors and perk thingies from that aren't in yet it though. Halo 4 is fun again to me! (gets killed) Halo 3 updates soon pls.

With everything, my ranking of each game in this collection based on the MP in the latest version of the MCC is Halo Combat Evolved > Halo 2 > Halo 2 Anniversary > Halo 4 > Halo 3

I'd play any of em if they win, but can we have 4v4's pls. Also, now that the matchmaking issues have been semifixed (still needs more fixes tho) can we start trickling in playlists like Halo CE, Halo 4, Infection, Swat, Snipers, Team Objective, Griffball and such?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just checked my games played and it's at 68.

How is that possible? I didn't think I'd gotten that many games.

Booshka

Just checked my games played and it's at 68.

How is that possible? I didn't think I'd gotten that many games.

68 games is like one poopsocking weekend in a functional game. Seems feasible to get that amount of games in almost a month playing a broken game.

Turbo is back? Now we just need a H4 playlist with AR/BR starts and everyone gets a thruster pack :)
Everyone with Thrusters and the same perks, but as default loadouts so people can choose between a BR, DMR, Carbine or LR.

I don't mind taking the disadvantage of a 5sk DMR against a 4sk BR on smaller maps. I just need a single shot weapon.

EDIT:
Still can't play Team Slayer with a party of 4? No?

Didn't think so. I'll keep waiting then.

Some day...
Played for several hours yesterday as a party of 4 without any significant issues, jumping between playlists and remaining as a party after games. I'll be trying again today ;]

I think someone who has a good knowledge of the turbo update should test if everything is there on the in game side of things. I feel the movement speed boost and the BR feels stronger and the red X's are back, but I don't have that much knowledge of everything that was in it.

Chitown B

I rarely got to play HCE 4v4s back in 2001-2004, it was always just 2v2s or 4 player FFAs.

Halo CE on Xbox Live is a godsend. Out of all the Halo games, it is indeed the fastest shooter. The kill times are fast. The action is fast. You literally have to be paying attention everytime you respawn. Your inital reaction determines your lifespan basically.

I can't believe they ever strayed away from that formula.

it sounds like you're talking about CoD, you know... "he who sees the other first wins!"

I however don't feel that way about CE. Just depends on your skill level I guess.

Played for several hours yesterday as a party of 4 without any significant issues, jumping between playlists and remaining as a party after games. I'll be trying again today ;]
I'm glad people can at least play a few games, some progress at least.

I'll be waiting for it to be perfect though. Ranks, proper sized playlists, all bugs fixed before I jump into matchmaking.

Picking up black Friday deals on games saved me. If MCC was still the only game I had I'd have sold my Xbox a week after Halo came out.

I'll be waiting for it to be perfect though. Ranks, proper sized playlists, all bugs fixed before I jump into matchmaking.

Picking up black Friday deals on games saved me. If MCC was still the only game I had I'd have sold my Xbox a week after Halo came out.

They finally changed big team battle from 6 v 6 back to 8 v 8, hope they fix the rest of the gametype's numbers soon

jem0208

it sounds like you're talking about CoD, you know... "he who sees the other first wins!"

I however don't feel that way about CE. Just depends on your skill level I guess.

I feel CE is too fast actually. I know this is straying into "CE pistol is OP territory" however I don't think you should ever spawn with a potential 3sk weapon. Even if it is difficult to pull off, that difficulty seems to stem from a weapon which feels very inconsistent. At least from my experience.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

No, not anything like COD, COD is strictly spray and pray, he who sees the other first wins.

HCE has a fast TTK, but you have to actually have raw talent in aiming and landing those shots to get the TTK.

The TTK also helps when you're being out-numbered, like a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1.

Omni

I'm pretty sure I'm still at less than 20 matchmade games in this collection

Admittedly I've all but given up and this latest patch doesn't even download for me. But still

Booshka

I feel CE is too fast actually. I know this is straying into "CE pistol is OP territory" however I don't think you should ever spawn with a potential 3sk weapon. Even if it is difficult to pull off, that difficulty seems to stem from a weapon which feels very inconsistent. At least from my experience.

The weapon isn't inconsistent, the online netcode is. Too bad so many ppl are getting into CE MP with this janky netcode, game is a dream on LAN. Pistol is perfect, the netcode is the problem.

Also, everything kills fast in CE, not just the Pistol, the Pistol sees the most use for obvious reasons.

RowdyReverb

Dude, you should just play it. It's fixed enough to enjoy it. I know myself and others have been having a blast with it in spite of the bugs. I'd say it's at the point now where if it released in this state, people would have tolerated it.

Thinking of playlists they should put in

Halo Combat Evolved
Halo 4
Team Objective
Rumble Pit
Team Snipers
Infection/Flood
Grifball
Team Hardcore
Team Doubles
Swat

Any more we need?

Detective

So I restarted the level, again. Same problem. The reclaimer level won't fucking load half way.

So I just got stuck.

There is just no fucking way in deepest hell that 343 didn't know about these problems, no mm mp, and now problems with campaign.

Like our time doesn't matter, we have just to wait for mm, and now I have to keep restarting the levels hoping It will work normal.

How can a game studio this big release such a shitty product is beyond my understanding.

Dude, you should just play it. It's fixed enough to enjoy it. I know myself and others have been having a blast with it in spite of the bugs. I'd say it's at the point now where if it released in this state, people would have tolerated it.
I'm cool to wait. Untill it's as smooth as any other Halo game I'll play something else.

I'm hardly asking too much wanting the game to work correctly

So I restarted the level, again. Same problem. The reclaimer level won't fucking load half way.

So I just got stuck.

There is just no fucking way in deepest hell that 343 didn't know about these problems, no mm mp, and now problems with campaign.

Like our time doesn't matter, we have just to wait for mm, and now I have to keep restarting the levels hoping It will work normal.

How can a game studio this big release such a shitty product is beyond my understanding.

That problem you have on that level happened to my friend and I in co-op the week of Halo 4's original release on the xbox 360. So I wouldn't chalk that issue you are having as an MCC specific issue. =/

Still sucks though. Halo 4 is kind of drag to play anyways, so my deepest condolences.

If that is the case, then they should remove and some maps to the playlists we got already. We NEED to get rid of Warlord for Team Slayer. That is the only H2A map where I feel like it actually plays better without BR starts.
I agree. We won't really know untill the game works right though. I think we might be overestimating how many people are gonna come back however.

Populations could be an issue unfortunately.

RowdyReverb

Wow I just got two 8v8 BTB games with < 2 min of searching each time. I don't understand why people have such a hard on for Relic, but whatever at least I'm playing!

Edit: and there are 3 strangers actually chatting on my team! What is this?

Had a blast last night. Got in well over 10 games and the group stayed together for the most part. I was so excited for a game of halo 4 but of course it has to be complex while I'm splitscreen.

That lag. You'd think that would be fixed seeing as its always been an issue with that map. But maybe in the next patch lol

lol I figured you were going to say something or message me. I was laying in bed half asleep testing the matchmaking. SMG starts were voted for so I just BS'd that whole game.

Cool running into you though!
hahah I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to point out how ridiculous these settings are coupled with how easy it is if you pick up a BR or Sniper.

It's not fair for people to spawn with SMG's in Halo 2, especially with motion tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom