• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowdyReverb

I timed it. Good news and bad news. The good news is, finding a lobby is much faster. Bad news, filling the lobby is slow. Hard to say if it's due to bugs or low population right now (not peak hours yet).
43 seconds to get into a BTB lobby with other players. But then it got stuck at 10/16 players until people started giving up and leaving.
Tried Halo 3 playlist and it took 46 seconds to get into a lobby and another 3 minutes to fill it to 4v4.

NOKYARD

Thinking of playlists they should put in

Halo Combat Evolved
Halo 4
Team Objective
Rumble Pit
Team Snipers
Infection/Flood
Grifball
Team Hardcore
Team Doubles
Swat

Any more we need?
At this point there is only one court suitable for MCC Grifball, and it's in Halo 4.

Halo 3 Grifball (the best Grifball) has no maps yet due to the missing H3 forge gametype selector, and H2A has no Hammer.

At this point there is only one court suitable for MCC Grifball, and it's in Halo 4.

Halo 3 Grifball (the best Grifball) has no maps yet due to the missing H3 forge gametype selector, and H2A has no Hammer.

just do it in rea-

halo tw-

comba-

custom edi-

fuck

MouldyK

Me and my friend played split-screen today and he hated it.

The reasons:

1. People always left the game, leaving to unfair teams, like 8 vs 4 on BTB.

2. He says grenades should be a support weapon and not a primary weapon. He says that Halo 1's grenades are too powerful and in other games, people threw grenades too much.

He thinks grenades should only be a pick-up and not something you start off with as it all he sees is people tossing grenades all the time, which he says is cheap and stupid.

RowdyReverb

2. He says grenades should be a support weapon and not a primary weapon. He says that Halo 1's grenades are too powerful and in other games, people threw grenades too much.

He thinks grenades should only be a pick-up and not something you start off with as it all he sees is people tossing grenades all the time, which he says is cheap and stupid.

The game was pretty clearly designed with grenades as a primary weapon seeing as how one of the most instantly accessible buttons is devoted to it. Sure, everyone is entitled to their
incorrect
opinions, but I feel grenades are integral to Halo's core gameplay. Yes, grenade spam can be lame, but tactical grenade use is a thing of beauty.

The only proper course of action with SMG starts.

It's a darn shame that they kept in SMG starts. However...I do understand that when you have a BR start everything is neglected. Who would grab an SMG and a pistol if you could just 4 shot them with a BR?

Halo 2 was great...but man was that a bad idea that kind of ruined the whole weapon sandbox.

Makes me really appreciate the Halo CE weapon sandbox. Everything had its use. Plasma Rifle stunned and ripped through shields, needles super combined (probably the most niche weapon for MP), the plasma pistol was great at rapid semi auto and took shields down when holding the trigger, pistol was the utility weapon, sniper was obviously a 1 shot monster, rockets xplode, and AR rips up close and can finish off an opponent even at medium range when you switch from a pistol.

Halo 5 better have a balanced weapon sandbox. It shouldn't be so hard all these years into the series...

These scrubs voting for Team Slayer BRs 5v5 on Warlord can fuck right off.

I'd take that over smg starts on everything else...which was probably the other options right? If not, then yeah that's lame.

Fuchsdh

Is there a good resource out there for Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes yet? HBO doesn't have a cutscene library for it.

The guy who does HBO's cutscenes doesn't actually have an XB1, I think. He usually records them in 5.1 which is a bit trickier. So unless someone here in LA schleps their box over to him, they probably aren't coming any time soon.

Have you not found a YouTube video to your liking? Thought I saw a few.

Though the downside is extremely slow download times, HBO's cutscenes are I believe the best quality you're going to find online. At the very least they haven't been double-mashed by Youtube conversion.

The guy who does HBO's cutscenes doesn't actually have an XB1, I think. He usually records them in 5.1 which is a bit trickier. So unless someone here in LA schleps their box over to him, they probably aren't coming any time soon.

Though the downside is extremely slow download times, HBO's cutscenes are I believe the best quality you're going to find online. At the very least they haven't been double-mashed by Youtube conversion.

There's a way to download YouTube videos in MP4 format WITHOUT a software download.....

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I cant fucking believe it, theres br bullet refunding...aka packet loss...in halo 2 annv.

At first i thought the sound was messed up, i wasnt hearing a consistent three shot burst but then i watched my ammo counter on te br and what do ya fucking know? Br bullet refund. Now i aee why im not killing people with four shots...fucking bullets are missing from each shot...seriously? This shit from halo 3 is back in halo 2 annv?

Im utterly speechless. Makes me not want to ever play h2 annv again.

I thought br was hitscan in h2 annv...guess i was wrong.

I was really hoping they would move slayer back down to 4v4 when they moved BTB up to 16 again. Speaking of which, II was glad to see BTB working again last night too. Got into matches consistently, though the maps failed to load twice. I was happy to play Longshore and Avalanche.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I agree, like, 98%. Warlord BRs can burn in hell.

Br bullet refunding can burn in hell. Cant believe more gafers arent up in arms about this. You realize anytime you fire a single shot of br its a slot machine how many bullets within your three round burst will actually exist?

TzBIIFfh.jpg

Caja 117

Is this last update suppose to have a download? Havent made a download when i start MCC, i hard reset my console just in case and nothing

belushy

Banned
Br bullet refunding can burn in hell. Cant believe more gafers arent up in arms about this. You realize anytime you fire a single shot of br its a slot machine how many bullets within your three round burst will actually exist?

TzBIIFfh.jpg

Wait for real?

Another reason why One shot > burst.

-Ryn

Banned

You're friend is wrong

Chitown B

I cant fucking believe it, theres br bullet refunding...aka packet loss...in halo 2 annv.

At first i thought the sound was messed up, i wasnt hearing a consistent three shot burst but then i watched my ammo counter on te br and what do ya fucking know? Br bullet refund. Now i aee why im not killing people with four shots...fucking bullets are missing from each shot...seriously? This shit from halo 3 is back in halo 2 annv?

Im utterly speechless. Makes me not want to ever play h2 annv again.

I thought br was hitscan in h2 annv...guess i was wrong.

I can 4 shot people in Halo 3. There's no reason why you can't unless you don't have control over your BR. So H2 it should be no problem. Then again I played 4500 games of H3.

Welfare

TzBIIFfh.jpg

You do realize you can get the same result if you melee'd during a burst?

Halo CE should be renamed to Game of Hosts until that netcode is fixed.
Conspiracy Theory: They disabled the boops so that people will hate CE and skew their data, mind gaming fans into thinking no one votes for it. We all know Halo devs hate that game.

I'm just saying.. there's a chance.

Madness

BTB blood gulch CE, 5v5 spawned all of us at the same base. So satisfying though. Game is finally working somewhat like it should have for me. Matches easily found one after the other.

Chitown B

went to play and i'm getting "downloading the latest matchmaking data. please wait"

new playlists? Still sitting here waiting...

edit: rebooted my console and now it's fine. wtf is wrong with this game staying connected? The X1 is meant to stay on 24/7 and shouldn't need rebooted just to play this game.

TCKaos

Thinking of playlists they should put in

Halo Combat Evolved
Halo 4
Team Objective
Rumble Pit
Team Snipers
Infection/Flood
Grifball
Team Hardcore
Team Doubles
Swat

Any more we need?

I'd appreciate the following:

Halo 2 Anniversary - A mix of Slayer and Objective in H2A. 4v4
Halo Classic - A mix of Slayer and Objective in HCE and H2. 4v4
New Age Hipster Bullshit - A mixture of bad games in Halo 3 and Halo 4. Whatever vs Whatever because who gives a fuck?
Team Objective - Objective based gametypes in H2, H2A and H3. 4v4.
Big Team Battle - Large scale conflicts featuring a mix of Slayer and Objective in HCE, H2, H2A, H3 and H4. 8v8.
Squad Battle - A mix of Slayer and Objective for days where you have too many for 4v4 but not enough for 8v8. 5v5.

And occasionally rotate in/out the following:
Rumble Pit
Control (Territories/King)
Sports (Grifball/Ricochet)
Silly Casual Bullshit (Infection)
Community Grab Bag (Nascar, Fat Kid, Duck Hunt, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom