• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Really? Of all the broken assed issues they're worried about the campaign scoring hud issues first. How about the saves? How about the crashes? How about the untracked build issue?

Timetables dawg, probably the fixes they could get out the quickest. Other, bigger issues are still being worked on.

Strider

Really? Of all the broken assed issues they're worried about the campaign scoring hud issues first. How about the saves? How about the crashes? How about the untracked build issue?

It was probably just a much easier fix compared to the others so decided to go ahead and patch it.

Ya know... logic and shit.

Madness

frankie2.gif

Yeah gotta agree with others, it seems like this was something they were already working on, might as well get the patch out for campaign stuff so people can at least enjoy that side while MP waits for the large patch next week.

MouldyK

My friend is complaining again about Halo not having a server list. Would you guys like one?

Or do you think (working) Matchmaking is best?

ElRenoRaven

My friend is complaining again about Halo not having a server list. Would you guys like one?

I myself have always been a fan of a server list. Allows you to find a server that plays the maps and modes you like and just have fun. I dont' see why they couldn't ideally do both. I mean Team Fortress seems to do ok with both.

Booshka

Halo needs some sort of Customs browser, it's needed it for a while. Dedicated Servers that users could rent for their own customs should be a thing as well.

Working Matchmaking is great, and where all the Ranking should go, but Customs browser should be another option for players looking for specific gametypes and settings. Customs servers are also perfect for Online Tournaments and Scrims.

Welfare

Finally my Halo 2 progress is saving again. Now to play The Oracle for the third time.

conan-angry-big.gif

I hate that mission so much now.

Oracle is the one where you kill the Heretic leader right? One trick to making the level easier is when you take the elevator up to get rid of the cables, jump off the elevator as soon as you press the button. Press it again, but this time, get under the elevator. It "hits" you, but you get flung up into the cable section, and you're invincible for the rest of the mission.

After seeing that full match of H5 I think more and more is really dangerous. These guys need some good karma and that H5 video is utter bullshit. It doesn't look like Halo at all. I can't get past that ADS. That SMG is like a freakin saw.

MouldyK

Halo needs some sort of Customs browser, it's needed it for a while. Dedicated Servers that users could rent for their own customs should be a thing as well.

Working Matchmaking is great, and where all the Ranking should go, but Customs browser should be another option for players looking for specific gametypes and settings. Customs servers are also perfect for Online Tournaments and Scrims.

Same thoughts here. Matchmaking can stay, but 343i should really take advantage of Customer Games and Forge more.

Dunno why they don't even have a Forge Playlist which updates like monthly and you could even have a chance to rate them either in-game, on the Halo Channel or even on a web browser. I'm sure GAF and others would be more motivated in making maps if they knew more people could see them.

I'm not going to sugar coat it, trying to play on LAN is shit. Two routers swapped and 4-8 players all on the same router and still connection issues just joining lobbies/games.

It's frustrating to organise almost a dozen people and bring consoles/TVs over to have it completely non functional.

Any LAN tips would be great as we're here for another 10+ hours.

Madness

Returned to ask Halogafs thoughts on 5 thus far?

Or are we reserving judgement for the beta?

Don't need to reserve judgement to have doubts. I think the scope stuff will be a negative especially since it seems it's ADS for automatics, visual only for other guns but then also covers half the screen in a solid scope ie. DMR.

I think sprint will have the same problems that Halo 4 had, especially on small to mid maps. They're basically going to make power weapon areas camp zones by literally pestering you with details on when power weapons are coming. Removing the skill in timing spawns or learning areas of the map.

Ledge grabbing some people love because it'll switch gameplay, add additional movement, I think it'll impact maps the same way a jetpack does (not as egregious), but now people can make jumps that they normally couldn't.

I don't know. Sure it'll have some pro players interested and yeah they removed a lot of the random elements that lead to uneven gameplay. But it feels like Halo in name only now. Might as well call it ONI: Guardians. Again just my initial doubts. I played Halo 4 for almost two years, I have a feeling I'll do the same with H5. Sucks they're still trying to chase a group of gamers who won't play beyond the initial month.

Booshka

I'm not going to sugar coat it, trying to play on LAN is shit. Two routers swapped and 4-8 players all on the same router and still connection issues just joining lobbies/games.

It's frustrating to organise almost a dozen people and bring consoles/TVs over to have it completely non functional.

Any LAN tips would be great as we're here for another 10+ hours.

Hopefully the Online fixes translate to LAN fixes, because this is unacceptable too. How fucked up is this game if you are having trouble joining LAN games?

The bumper jumper wish list you have is exactly what it is - Sprint is A, Thruster is X, and B is reload/action. Been using it for a long time and it's God tier.

THANK YOU so much for confirming(◠‿◠✿) now I can be worry free & look forward to playing halo 5 like crazy with no serious control re learning!

#BumperJumperMasterRace

I hear HaloGAF is super salty and a toxic community.

D0YO1Wc.png

....just wow.

Returned to ask Halogafs thoughts on 5 thus far?

Or are we reserving judgement for the beta?

Very excited to play. Loving what I have seen so far aside from the pointless high five stuff after the game -.- Things like that always gets annoying/boring after the first few times lol. Just have Jeff say "game over", show the scoreboard & fade to black like always D=

woodland

Smart Scope is actually Dumb, go back to old zoom/scope. Everything else is play and see to me, beside Sprint, but that's going nowhere, so fuck.

Agreed on everything, also meant to respond to your PM awhile back but had midterms and my laptop broke and just got it back ;\

MCC Stuff (Not directed at you just in general):

Shit's ridiculous. 90% of the time I don't get the "Searching...", have to close the app or try and load up campaign before switching back and hope that works. Been loaded into games where the game boots the whole other team (4v2) and it's just 2 of us waiting to leave or for the timer count down multiple times. Countless crashes. This is such a ridiculous launch.

Halo 5 Beta Stuff

Anyone that actually thinks anything will be changed is a hopeless optimist. There's no way we'll get anything OUT of the game that we don't like, especially not ADS (Which is completely not aesthetic. Aesthetic in the gaming sense of the term has 0 impact on gameplay. Something that blocks half my screen and does not allow me to see people running under me if I'm on a higher level is not aesthetic) since they've gone this far to add it, adding the animations for guns, etc. The most we'll get is a toggle for the old mode, and I doubt that. Anything with sprint is cancer, so I guess MCC is my last stop. A shame 343 couldn't have figured out more unique movement like Shadowrun. Thruster looks cool though insanely broken. I can see single 'nades being completely irrelevant if you play smart and don't waste your thruster through speed boosts. Enjoy that I guess to anyone buying the game.

At least I have Halo 1-3 occasionally, and Project M. Gonna get back into Shadowrun when I'm home for winter break Booshka, been so long since I did in-houses ;\

Edit: Sweet, got a lucky spawn and respawned directly behind an enemy. Assassinated him and he booted me. Love it.

Hopefully the Online fixes translate to LAN fixes, because this is unacceptable too. How fucked up is this game if you are having trouble joining LAN games?

After a series of hard reboots we finally got a lobby going, 3 games down and party holding now. The strange part is no system link UI, you just join the normal customs and it's LAN. Hmmm.

Madness

I'm super excited for the ranking system put into place now. At least they've realized just how meaningful ranks are in a game. It's not about e-peen but about being competitive, seeing where you stand in relation to others, seeing if you're improving etc.

As for whether things change. I think beyond simple map changes, weapon nerfs/buffs, slight changes to how the abilities work, the damage they deal, most of the systems are in place now and don't think they'll really go away. Quinn said yesterday things like overall map size wouldn't change, leading me to think that even though it's 11 months out, the major stuff is here to stay.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Xbone tomorrow.
Halo, hopefully, Tomorrow.

Hello, Halogaf! I may have been drinking a little bit, but I wanted to air out some distaste I have -

Kids saying "You are not a true halo fan if" "You are not a true halo player if" "You are not a" --- All of that shit.
That shit needs to just, cut it. Now.
We all come from different walks of life, right? Not everyone is a BxR Pro, not everyone gives a shit about MLG settings, not everyone cares for CTF or Slayer or Rumble pit (or everything or anything or specific things) - Some are Reach warriors. Some loved H4. Some are CE purists. Etc.
We're all here for Halo. We're all here for MC. Play your own shit. Don't give grief over change, and don't tell people they aren't true players because they like something you don't like.
Especially if you're judging Halo 5 by some youtube videos. Like seriously, play the fucking game, then complain about what you don't like.
Right? Right. Rightio.

Looooooove you!

Oracle is the one where you kill the Heretic leader right? One trick to making the level easier is when you take the elevator up to get rid of the cables, jump off the elevator as soon as you press the button. Press it again, but this time, get under the elevator. It "hits" you, but you get flung up into the cable section, and you're invincible for the rest of the mission.

It's not hard, it's just tedious. That's a cool glitch, though. I'll use it on the inevitable Legendary run.

Caja 117

Got to play a couple of matches on halo CE,I like it a lot, but is hard for it to be voted for in MM, is GAF still doing CE customs?

Is it possible to get through invisible walls in this version of Halo 2?

I tried getting out of turf, burial mounds, and ivory tower. all with no success =[

The Flash

Banned
Xbone tomorrow.
Halo, hopefully, Tomorrow.

Hello, Halogaf! I may have been drinking a little bit, but I wanted to air out some distaste I have -

Kids saying "You are not a true halo fan if" "You are not a true halo player if" "You are not a" --- All of that shit.
That shit needs to just, cut it. Now.
We all come from different walks of life, right? Not everyone is a BxR Pro, not everyone gives a shit about MLG settings, not everyone cares for CTF or Slayer or Rumble pit (or everything or anything or specific things) - Some are Reach warriors. Some loved H4. Some are CE purists. Etc.
We're all here for Halo. We're all here for MC. Play your own shit. Don't give grief over change, and don't tell people they aren't true players because they like something you don't like.
Especially if you're judging Halo 5 by some youtube videos. Like seriously, play the fucking game, then complain about what you don't like.
Right? Right. Rightio.

Looooooove you!

I luuuv yooo t man...........burp.

matthieuC

JyvGzsa.jpg

Map preview. Floating inverse symmetrical competitive map. Similar to guardian in flow. Obviously not completely done (like the closest structure to the right). Top mid is the inside of the pillar.

ElRenoRaven

I'll be fucking damned. I just got my first game in that did not lag like hell and that actually did load back into the stats screen when complete. This is literally a first for me out of the 6 games I've managed to get into the past 3 days.

Obscured

Hey Halo 2 experts, am I going to need to be proficient at the button combos to be competitive? I'm not really liking them that much, but wondering if i'm going to need them at some point.

Omni

Am I expected to just sit in this lobby and wait an hour doing nothing in hopes that I find people to play a single match with?

I've seen no improvement at all on my end with MM. No idea what they're doing but it doesn't seem to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom