• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

m23

Can't wait to read about the changes for Halo 5. I'm assuming no ETA, but hoping for sometime this week.

willow ve

i had an entire laggy game in halo 5

I had 3 games in a row that were unplayable. I was teleporting around maps, falling of ledges, couldn't even throw grenades.

Log out, log back in, same shit. Halo 5 on dedis was a joke for me personally (fly over state with 50/10 connection).

Can't wait to read about the changes for Halo 5. I'm assuming no ETA, but hoping for sometime this week.

Bruhv, we don't even get an ETA for a beta patch for a game that's already been out for 2+ months. They need to keep 5 on lock down for now until they get some of MCC sorted.

i had an entire laggy game in halo 5

you were playing with me though. You had a teammate who singlehandedly (literally):

- was playing with one hand while on the phone
- had a KD of like -27
- stole every light rifle before you could get impressions with it
- lives in florida with the worst halo internet this side of brazil

All your problems with H5G beta may or may not have to deal with me ruining your impressions of it.

#motivatingthehaters

Maaan, Nockyard promised me you guys would be brutal when I would finally get to post around here. But you've been nothing but nice, Jem gets all the invective, what have I done wrong, whaaahh! /runs and cries

Oh, and HALO.

Want to play a game?

What's #Butts?

Edit: oh, look, they temp banned me from posting at waypoint for a FOOTBALL REFERENCE a day before the superbowl. Do these guys even American? Are they banning people left and right? This was the post that was cited:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...092-4415-bf9b-6fb2806bfe08/posts?page=1#post2

Instead of being able to play the game with my freinds, I spend my time waiting for fixes...

wwm0nkey

Maaan, Nockyard promised me you guys would be brutal when I would finally get to post around here. But you've been nothing but nice, Jem gets all the invective, what have I done wrong, whaaahh! /runs and cries

Oh, and HALO.

Want to play a game?

What's #Butts?

Edit: oh, look, they temp banned me from posting at waypoint for a FOOTBALL REFERENCE a day before the superbowl. Do these guys even American? Are they banning people left and right? This was the post that was cited:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...092-4415-bf9b-6fb2806bfe08/posts?page=1#post2

Instead of being able to play the game with my freinds, I spend my time waiting for fixes...
you got banned for THAT?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just looked up Quantum Break's release date to see when I could finally take my XB1 back out of the closet

It just says TBA 2015

Wta4UTQ.gif

RdN

If we played a drinking game for every time Leyasu posted about datacenters we'd all be dead.

I wonder if you would have this position if you played with the amount of lag player from Europe, Australia, Brazil, etc played in the Beta. Specially with your constant pseudo-pro BS.

jem0208

I just looked up Quantum Break's release date to see when I could finally take my XB1 back out of the closet

It just says TBA 2015

Wta4UTQ.gif
Well, MS has been completely silent about it for a while. It's also Remedy so don't hold your breath.

I wonder if you would have this position if you played with the amount of lag player from Europe, Australia, Brazil, etc played in the Beta. Specially with your constant pseudo-pro BS.

My experience with the beta was actually very good and I live in the UK with quite possibly the worst Internet in the entire country. Being able to choose a data centre would be nice though.

Oh, and HALO.

Want to play a game?

What's #Butts?

Waypoint bans run on the same algorithms as Personal Ordnance.

JimiNutz

Banned
I miss Halo 5 so loaded up MCC today for the first time in ages.
Decided to try Halo 4 and to my surprise it was very playable. Foud games quickly, full teams and no lag at all. Actually enjoyed playing too. Not really played any Halo 4 MP since it originally came out and I think I may have been overly harsh on it. It's definitely playable and probably more fun than Reach (which I also haven't played for a long time so mememory may be hazy).

Will definitely play it again while I patiently wait for Halo 5...

Will add you when I get a Wii U Funk

Jem... why do you have to disappoint me like this dude :(

<3
SERIOUSLY what is wrong with you though!?
Clarified "the majority" in your comment as well

I'd like to think that the majority of the Halo player base wouldn't abandon a game they love because other people got it for free when they paid but had to deal with it broken for a while.

Anyone who bought it would be totally justified in being upset. Giving them some kind of credit or gift would also be cool. However abandoning the game once it's finally fixed after waiting so long would be rather dumb imo. Especially for those who presumably bought it because they don't like where Halo is heading but loved the old ones.

I don't know if the word is pride or what, but I find it to be ridiculous.

The game won't be made free, stop living in fantasy land. Maybe in 2018 it'll be free.

Impala26

Hey guys, been a couple days since I checked up on HaloGAF, so what's...

fire_community.gif

ohhhh.

I should really be accustomed to this at this point, lol.

Overdoziz

Banned
ONE MATCH where I had a bit of a delay and I live in Europe.
Get better internet imo

RBK

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I having a blast in the H3 playlist right now. Finding match after match.

Leyasu

Banned
ONE MATCH where I had a bit of a delay and I live in Europe.
Get better internet imo

I find that hard to believe. I live in europe, and would either get an EU server that ran like a dream. Or an out of region server that would disguise the lag but would be unplayable due to latency.

Perhaps you was lucky and played every game in europe?

"Getting better internet" dont mean nothing. No internet came overcome the distances involved when play on games with a 6k mile or more round trip....

Unless ofcourse, your ISP uses spooky distance when connecting to servers on another continent!

jem0208

I find that hard to believe. I live in europe, and would either get an EU server that ran like a dream. Or an out of region server that would disguise the lag but would be unplayable due to latency.

"Getting better internet" dont mean nothing. No internet came overcome the distances involved when play on games with a 6k mile or more round trip....

Unless ofcourse, your ISP uses spooky distance when connecting to servers on another continent!

I'm in Europe and the beta was fine for me.

Played IDARB for the first time last night with my little bro, friggin amazing. Netcode is trash tho

IDARB is awesome. Netcode is the worst I have ever played, not even joking, it's worse than the MCC.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm sorry :(
<3
Aha, thanks. Who knew adding a single word could create so much drama.
I suppose I can forgive your terrible taste...

You'd be surprised lol
Though I think the drama in this case was about more than your wording
not to reopen that topic :p

The game won't be made free, stop living in fantasy land. Maybe in 2018 it'll be free.
lol the topic here wasn't about whether it WILL be made free or not. I highly doubt they will.

Overdoziz

Banned

I played a ton of matches with American people and even those matches were pretty smooth all things considered. Maybe spend less time repeating the same boring post over and over and more time getting good internet.

jem0208

I suppose I can forgive your terrible taste...

You'd be surprised lol
Though I think the drama in this case was about more than your wording
not to reopen that topic :p

Not that I'm trying to reopen it, however the difference between "all" and "all but one" really isn't very big. Apparently it's enough for certain people to drum up into bullshit drama though.

Anyway, that's my last post on the topic.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Good old Halo 2. I'm on a run, going something like 15-4 and a teammate runs over my plasma grenade and dies, and I get booted. *Sigh*

Leyasu

Banned
I played a ton of matches with American people and even those matches were pretty smooth all things considered. Maybe spend less time repeating the same boring post over and over and more time getting good internet.

I do live in rural france and admittedly my internet is not the greatest. Like I said, even this fabled "great internet" is not the be all and end all.. Feel free to put me on ignore as well bud. ;-)

@ the ohrenberger. BTB has been working pretty well for me this last week also. Apart from some on hiccups Thursday night, finding games has been relatively easy. Halo 4 works good as well

Ramirez

I played with him all night one night during the beta with an east coaster & a west coaster, never heard him complain about lag a single time.

Does it matter at this point?

No.
Yeah? I'd like to think so. Like I've said about MCC at E3 the UI looked amateur-ish work and I felt something was wrong about the game. Excluding how well it played during those streams (disregarding issues where the game lagged/stopped randomly in those build), but it bothers me how such a collection has the worst launch in history (no salt) that it was approved without further inspections. "We did not came across these problems in our testing" - or something relatively close to what Frank said. I feel like it's not entirely 343's fault, but rather the other out-sourced teams involved. I could be completely mistaken for posting this. I just want to know the whole truth about what actually happened throughout MCC's development process.

Yeah? I'd like to think so. Like I've said about MCC at E3 the UI looked amateur-ish work and I felt something was wrong about the game. Excluding how well it played during those streams (disregarding issues where the game lagged/stopped randomly in those build), but it bothers me how such a collection has the worst launch in history (no salt) that it was approved without further inspections. "We did not came across these problems in our testing" - or something relatively close to what Frank said. I feel like it's not entirely 343's fault, but rather the other out-sourced teams involved. I could be completely mistaken for posting this. I just want to know the whole truth about what actually happened throughout MCC's development process.

I think there's probably blame at all levels, I mean there are all sorts of possibilities at every turn:

-MS needing it before Christmas, not allocating enough resources

-343i not having the guts to say "that is literally impossible," and/or not managing the resources they had well enough (like, apparently just shitting the bed when it came to testing)

-Subcontractors not letting 343i know the true situation in their little pieces so by the time they came to light it was too late to derail that marketing train.

Top Bottom