• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ok Halogaf, I feel like I have contributed a bit more salt than I really should have, so I want to ask about my concerns in a non-abrasive manner.

1) Will the content update fix the issues with placing forge objects in Halo 3, and 4?

2) will the content update add the hammer to the H2A forge? You gave us the Hornet, I'd like a hammer with that too!

3) Will the content update add back in the ability to join forge and custom games that already started across all Halos?

...Pretty please?

I think there's probably blame at all levels, I mean there are all sorts of possibilities at every turn:

-MS needing it before Christmas, not allocating enough resources

-343i not having the guts to say "that is literally impossible," and/or not managing the resources they had well enough (like, apparently just shitting the bed when it came to testing)

-Subcontractors not letting 343i know the true situation in their little pieces so by the time they came to light it was too late to derail that marketing train.
On the network part is not having Dedis MS/343's main problem then??

On the network part is not having Dedis MS/343's main problem then??

It could be MS shoving that new, apparently bug-laden API down their throats, or it could be 343i or whichever contractor was in charge of the networking system being unable to get it to work... for whatever reason.

Honestly, I think the overarching blame probably lies with Microsoft for not scheduling the time and resources needed to complete the project by the time it was needed. I can't imagine a project of this magnitude being done without a lot of decision-making above 343i's level.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ok Halogaf, I feel like I have contributed a bit more salt than I really should have, so I want to ask about my concerns in a non-abrasive manner.

1) Will the content update fix the issues with placing forge objects in Halo 3, and 4?

2) will the content update add the hammer to the H2A forge? You gave us the Hornet, I'd like a hammer with that too!

3) Will the content update add back in the ability to join forge and custom games that already started across all Halos?

...Pretty please?
lol

Booshka

It could be MS shoving that new, apparently bug-laden API down their throats, or it could be 343i or whichever contractor was in charge of the networking system being unable to get it to work... for whatever reason.

Honestly, I think the overarching blame probably lies with Microsoft for not scheduling the time and resources needed to complete the project by the time it was needed. I can't imagine a project of this magnitude being done without a lot of decision-making above 343i's level.

It's definitely all on Microsoft at this point, they built 343 to develop and the manage Halo IP, 343/MS is practically interchangeable. So when it gets bad enough, like the state of MCC is, you go up the chain of command.

Also after MM is fixed, we need file share search back!

Oof, that too!

Funny, been watching a bunch of pre-game stuff on TV, and they were showing a variety of groups and individuals who applied to get a free ticket to the super bowl. Over and over it was stated how they loved the game, how it meant more than just football to them, the community was so vital.

343, it's the same for Halo. This should have legs, this should be the all-you-can-eat buffet where you can play a different Halo every day, every hour, every match if you like. Go old school in Halo's 1-3. Appreciate Halo 4 in context. Flit right over and dive into Halo 5.

All with your friends, all without having to reboot your console, all with the ability to join and leave, choose a new party/session leader. All without breaking up as you move from customs, to matchmaking, to forge to check out that cool new map you're working on.

Or do they really WANT us to be able to do that? MCC currently says no, Halo 5 says possibly yes.

I want to love and play all of it. I want to feel positive again. I want that generally happy Halo community again.

Welfare

Or if you get spawned in some random corner of the map where vehicles don't spawn. Avalanche is so big.

You mean the corner where the man cannon is? Just go up there and get cannoned over to the middle.

Also MCC BTB likes to not have games at 8v8, so the pace of the matches are slowed thanks to that as well.

jem0208

You mean the corner where the man cannon is? Just go up there and get cannoned over to the middle.

Also MCC BTB likes to not have games at 8v8, so the pace of the matches are slowed thanks to that as well.

There's a couple of spawns which are very annoying. One right down at the very bottom where there isn't any man cannons sucked. The movement speed is just far too slow in 3.

jem0208

Aw hell naw. Vehicles 4 lyfe. I will be ecstatic if they figure out how to cram a Grizzly into 5. A Vulture would legitimately blow my damn mind.

It would be nice to have some more vehicles in 5. Can't wait to see how they're going to fit vehicles in with the movement sandbox.

Haha. The superbowl is so American. Edit: How many ad-breaks are there?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

7GckBXs.gif

It's definitely all on Microsoft at this point, they built 343 to develop and the manage Halo IP, 343/MS is practically interchangeable. So when it gets bad enough, like the state of MCC is, you go up the chain of command.
Well since there's no lawsuits being made then It's safe to assume it's all of MS's fault.

to be honest i usually game while i'm on the phone

it's a really easy way to consolidate time considering they don't have any substantial overlap (in 5G)

IHaveIce

Banned
Doesn't like Nintendo games
Doesn't like Dark Souls
Will preorder Halo 5
Doesn't use a mic
Likes Halo 4

R u an algorithm troll that adjudicates popular Halogaf opinion then spits out statements in the contra?

Thought that might happen after reading Frank's post the other night.

He also defended AR starts, ADS and sprint at some time

Cow

I hope 343 just release the patch to everyone rather than a preview beta, and then tweak it from there.

Top Bottom