• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Booshka

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16N...Y9UywsY2hgwJKM/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Out look not so good? It's almost complete opposite of 343 poll...

The fact that 34% say they want Sprint when that is mostly a poll voted on by Beyond nerds is kinda telling.

Sprint is here to stay for Halo, casuals want to put their guns down and run around like idiots. It's practically a console FPS staple at this point. Even if you had the same movespeed as Sprint for base movespeed, a lot of people wouldn't like it, they want the dumb animation and the huffing and puffing noise of a Spartan running around.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Nkw8c0U.jpg

Can we get this at the top of the OT?

Madness

Halo is dead brahs, might as well "trounce" our discs now, save us the trouble. It's all about that Overwatch and Star Wars: Battlefront soon.

The fact that 34% say they want Sprint when that is mostly a poll voted on by Beyond nerds is kinda telling.

Sprint is here to stay for Halo, casuals want to put their guns down and run around like idiots. It's practically a console FPS staple at this point. Even if you had the same movespeed as Sprint for base movespeed, a lot of people wouldn't like it, they want the dumb animation and the huffing and puffing noise of a Spartan running around.

I still don't get why people can't accept being in and toggle-able in customs is the best course of action.
More options and works for both parties. Single caveat being 343i not screwing up customs.

Omni

I haven't played Halo multiplayer in weeks. Destiny has been keeping me occupied surprisingly enough

What playlist is best to search in? I know BTB is still crap. But are the others relatively okay?

singhr1

I haven't played Halo multiplayer in weeks. Destiny has been keeping me occupied surprisingly enough

What playlist is best to search in? I know BTB is still crap. But are the others relatively okay?

Yeah, solo in the other playlists you should be good. I even get matches in halo 4 in pretty good time.

This isn't in every Halo? Whether it's CTF or Oddball?

I remember I had to land two melees to kill someone in previous Halo's SWATS

In CTF and ODDBALL you have to equip the flag or the skull to do one shoot melle kills, In Halo 4 SWAT I can sprint and flank them or going to an assassination spree

I was always partial to Reachs breathing noise. Caught a guy sneaking up on me once when he tried to sprint to close the last gap.

Eh, I can live without heavy petting SFX attached to sprint. Making some noise that's easy to listen to (like a shortened version of the H5G "shield recharging" effect) that has to do with shields like a little bzap-blap-bzap-blapt as you run would be fine imo.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hopefully the SFX for exiting a menu in the final game is changed from the one traditionally used to indicate a match starting.

CyReN

Anyone else attending Gamers for Giving 2015 (Michigan) in a few weeks by chance? Believe Tashi and I are going.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I still don't get why people can't accept being in and toggle-able in customs is the best course of action.
More options and works for both parties. Single caveat being 343i not screwing up customs.

The issue is the fear of the great divide, something that has plagued Halo since Halo 2.

Another fear is that the Halo Championship Series may or may not use sprint, if they don't use sprint, there is a fear that the maps will not support no-sprint gametypes due their intentional size designed around sprint.

So, while it's awesome we have a toggle...people think it won't matter because the size of the maps, which would then require people to forge maps capable of supporting no-sprint gametypes.

Ultimately though, it's a fear of the great divide, new players to Halo jumping into vanilla Halo 5 using sprint, thrusters, spartan abilities, then if HCS doesn't use sprint...HCS will be hard for players to get into because of it being different from vanilla.

Madness

Oh man, I'm getting H5 beta flashbacks.

Just lost a game 50 - 17.

My team mates went 3 for 12, 3 for 17 and 0 for 13.

Dwindling number of players is probably why. I'm like a 4 in H2A because I've got maybe ten games played. And I get paired up with 1, 12, 26, versus a 35, 1, 1, 18 all these huge divides in rank. So you're bound to get paired with super good or super bad guys because there is no one left.

CyReN

The issue is the fear of the great divide, something that has plagued Halo since Halo 2.

Another fear is that the Halo Championship Series may or may not use sprint, if they don't use sprint, there is a fear that the maps will not support no-sprint gametypes due their intentional size designed around sprint.

So, while it's awesome we have a toggle...people think it won't matter because the size of the maps, which would then require people to forge maps capable of supporting no-sprint gametypes.

Basically competitive Halo from 2011-2014.

The option is great by 343i, but if it isn't being used by HCS don't bother putting it in at all. It's going to cause more tension, fights, etc. Rather avoid the headache with a feature that sits around in the back burner.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Basically competitive Halo from 2011-2014.

The option is great by 343i, but if it isn't being used by HCS don't bother putting it in at all. It's going to cause more tension, fights, etc. Rather avoid the headache with a feature that sits around in the back burner.

Who actually determines the HCS settings since MLG doesn't run Halo anymore?

Leyasu

Banned
I tried to play some BTB yesterday... Couldn't find fuck-all.

So I loaded up battlefield instead, and was pretty glad that I did.

Does anyone actually believe that they are going to fix this? They should put the halo 5 beta back up as another part of the compensation package.

Akai__

Just had a Halo 2 match where my teammate was an Elite and he was colored Red and Blue at the same time. That's actually a funny glitch, because the enemy team barely shot at him.

How many sleeps Frankie? :(

TTUVAPOR

Banned
CE gameplay feels so empowering and rewarding.

I don't get what all the fuss is about with Halo CE...it feels so ancient and boring.

And it's not up to date with current shooters, there's no sprint, no regenerative health, no aim down the sights...really boring.

;) jk

I believe it's the HCS team (Che, Tashi, Bravo, etc), there might be some pros that dip in to test and give feedback too.

Not 100% though.

Well, if sprint is going to be in vanilla...I really do think it will be okay for sprint to be off in HCS.

The rest of the game shouldn't be tampered with though. That means keep the spartan abilities on, keep the same weapons on map, starting weapons, etc.

If anything, I'd beef up speed a tad...perhaps bump it to what sprint speed will be in vanilla.

I really fear vanilla starting weapons are going to be AR/Pistol...they seemed really content with doing that...especially since they ran those starting weapons twice during the beta.

:(

Top Bottom