• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

FyreWulff

Just had a Halo 2 match where my teammate was an Elite and he was colored Red and Blue at the same time. That's actually a funny glitch, because the enemy team barely shot at him.

How many sleeps Frankie? :(

Not a glitch. You could do that in og Halo 2/H2 PC as well, it's due to how the primary/secondary colors were setup for team games, and the Elite's secondary color is so prominent they can end up looking like they belong on both teams.

I find it hard to believe that every single person at 343 is working hard on this so much so that they can't even talk to the community. Is Frankie the one fixing the servers? Is Dan Ayoub writing new code? Is Bonne Ross doing that? Why are the prominent members of 343 silent?

Ramirez

I find it hard to believe that every single person at 343 is working hard on this so much so that they can't even talk to the community. Is Frankie the one fixing the servers? Is Dan Ayoub writing new code? Is Bonne Ross doing that? Why are the prominent members of 343 silent?

Probably because they have nothing to share that would make you happy, it's not like they want to be silent and have their fanbase angry at them.

Akai__

Not a glitch. You could do that in og Halo 2/H2 PC as well, it's due to how the primary/secondary colors were setup for team games, and the Elite's secondary color is so prominent they can end up looking like they belong on both teams.

Good to know. It was hilarious, because he was just walking by enemies and they didn't do anything.

So has anyone else had any disc reading issue on their one? It won't read Halo or Battlefield. And of course support has a 30 minute hold.

This is a lot of work to play video games.

-Ryn

Banned
I like physical libraries but I'll usually buy digital these days unless there's a cool special edition case.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Yep, after all these years Halo CE is still my favorite FPS when it comes to the core gameplay. Feels so good.

And apparently that type of game wouldn't survive in today's generation...which doesn't make sense because many people I've seen on forums and such never played HCE multiplayer until MCC and they love it.

In regards to MCC, today I played a H2A match...it put me (level 9) with a team ranged 6-9 ranks against the other team who was ranged 25-35.

What...the...

And apparently that type of game wouldn't survive in today's generation...which doesn't make sense because many people I've seen on forums and such never played HCE multiplayer until MCC and they love it.

In regards to MCC, today I played a H2A match...it put me (level 9) with a team ranged 6-9 ranks against the other team who was ranged 25-35.

What...the...

Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence.

Using the Flagnum code could a modder create a gametype by changing$ it to where whenever a player picks up the flag and initiates the flagnum dual-wield it's applied to another weapon instead of the flag?

Booshka

Missing the jump for Rockets on Chill Out always reminds me why I hate playing CE.

Once you realize that you have to plant your feet after falling/jumping before you can jump again, you will be less frustrated by the jumping mechanics in CE. Every other Halo you are on a pogo stick and can hop around like a maniac, in CE, you shouldn't be jumping very often and the jumping is more finicky. Play more and you will get used to it, it's not a big deal and you will stop missing jumps/crouch jumps.

-Ryn

Banned
Once you realize that you have to plant your feet after falling/jumping before you can jump again, you will be less frustrated by the jumping mechanics in CE. Every other Halo you are on a pogo stick and can hop around like a maniac, in CE, you shouldn't be jumping very often and the jumping is more finicky. Play more and you will get used to it, it's not a big deal and you will stop missing jumps/crouch jumps.
It feels like there's a slight delay between pressing the button and actually jumping in CE. Is that just me? Was it an intentional design?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence.

Ha....Ha....

The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes. Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.

I really don't care, I see what I see and hear what I hear. I think as soon as HCE becomes ranked, it will really turn on the fun and start to create the separation that the HCE playlist direly needs.

Also, no split screeners in HCE :)

It feels like there's a slight delay between pressing the button and actually jumping in CE. Is that just me? Was it an intentional design?

I don't think there's a delay, but I do think that the longer you hold the button, you make better jumps.

RBK

Banned
There's definitely a jump delay in CE.
Controls aren't just as responsive in comparison to H2/H3/Almighty H4.

Ramirez

Ha....Ha....

I really don't care, I see what I see and hear what I hear. I think as soon as HCE becomes ranked, it will really turn on the fun and start to create the separation that the HCE playlist direly needs.

Also, no split screeners in HCE :)

I don't think there's a delay, but I do think that the longer you hold the button, you make better jumps.

Any day now...

Rnm0zOX.jpg

Fuchsdh

There's definitely a jump delay in CE.
Controls aren't just as responsive in comparison to H2/H3/Almighty H4.

I've noticed that it's less forgiving in timing your jumps, as well (aside from the lack of later float). Trying to jump on the barrels in The Maw to get over to the exhaust manifolds, I often fall off instead of successfully making the jump the first time. It's going to suck getting the jump up to T&R for the Legendary speed run achievement...

RBK

Banned
I must say after a few H2C matches on MCC, that BR is a thing of beauty. Leagues better than H3's.

Still can't top the Pit though.

Booshka

Speaking of terrible teammates, some scrub just got 0.6 damage for an entire 20 min Shadowrun match. Did barely half a kill worth of damage.

FyreWulff

Not possible sadly, they go together.

yeah. Think of it as a weapon modeled as a gun and a flag together.. they're not separate objects that you are dual wielding, it's one gun (datawise)

This is why they couldn't write some script code to make the flag droppable, it'd be something like making it so you could throw your BR on the ground. Flags are usually internally defined as weapons in the other games, but they never added the classic flag as a weap tag to Halo 4. They would have had to patch it in, like they did the new weapon skins.

Leyasu

Banned
I must say after a few H2C matches on MCC, that BR is a thing of beauty. Leagues better than H3's.

Still can't top the Pit though.

Halo 3 br is abysmal.

The halo2a br is great.

The halo 5 br was the stuff of legend though.

Ramirez

I think it's September merely for the fact that I don't think Microsoft wants its two biggest exclusives for the Holiday launching a few days apart.

Top Bottom