• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

IHaveIce

Banned
oFaVaiT.png

So did this ever turn out to be a real thing?

nope.

Another day in the life of MCC.

Tune in tomorrow for more.

Lol

First few games tonight ran ok (Snipes on CE Prisoner was good) but oh dear, after four games the problems began. Failed map load, two separations from my friend in the search screen, a 4v2 snipers game on H4 Daybreak and weird dropping on the voting screen after team creation failures.

belushy

Banned
The integration with Spectator mode would likely make this much more feasible.

Yeah, it would be kinda cool if they some how implemented the full H5 spec mode in Halo Channel, but I'm assuming that means Halo Channel would need to be able to run the H5 engine lol

Varg

Banned
Happy that I'm not the only one with that stupid error message at the moment. Sad that I can't enjoy some halo multiplayer tonight.

Omni

SMG starts on Ascension or whatever it's called. Made more frustrating by the fact it started the game 3v4 and other team with 4 players gained control over power weapons early.

Literally just sitting here AFK. There's nothing I can do. Awful.

Glass

Good to hear the event and game ran smoothly, saw the viewer count hit 11k at one point, should see some tasty numbers at the finals.

Booshka

Good to hear the event and game ran smoothly, saw the viewer count hit 11k at one point, should see some tasty numbers at the finals.

Ya watching the rebroadcast now, makes me wish that Beaver Creek was the new map instead of Relic, HCS needs another map badly.

Glass

Ya watching the rebroadcast now, makes me wish that Beaver Creek was the new map instead of Relic, HCS needs another map badly.

Yeah, the fact that they're not going for another map that could be used in HCS makes me think maybe it's just this HCS which will use H2A, the next could be about H5? Though thats still a way off, not sure how often the leagues are meant to be.

Omni

Is it just me or do the weapon models in Halo 2 Anniversary kinda like... jitter?

I noticed the bolt on the BR the other day. And tonight I noticed the carbine is all over the place. Everything is slightly moving. Can't unsee

So, I just discovered that the Catalog (AI from the Forerunner Trilogy) answers questions posted by members pretty frequently on Waypoint, and there's a bunch of interesting information that came out of it. I shot it a query in a PM, hoping I get a response.

So, I just discovered that the Catalog (AI from the Forerunner Trilogy) answers questions posted by members pretty frequently on Waypoint, and there's a bunch of interesting information that came out of it. I shot it a query in a PM, hoping I get a response.

Oh yeah, Catalog's pretty great. Been meaning to check in on that guy's post history, there's a lot of cool stuff.

Oh yeah, Catalog's pretty great. Been meaning to check in on that guy's post history, there's a lot of cool stuff.

Halopedia.org has all the postings / info under "Catalog/archives." I asked it something in PM that, if confirmed, would explain a lot regarding the Forerunner-Flood War and Forerunner tech in general. More than likely it's just going to consider it logic plague stuffs and sweep it under the rug, though.

I am confused, are you implying Diablo takes long time to patch? Blizzard knocked it out of the park since RoS

indeed they have. i hope those rumors of them not going forward with diablo franchise in the same way were way false, id take another diablo 3 expansion in a second

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I am confused, are you implying Diablo takes long time to patch? Blizzard knocked it out of the park since RoS

Diablo doesn't take a long time go patch, but the frequency is somewhat long...but I will say when Diablo 3 first launched, it took a bit for them to fix the famous "error" message, and they didn't slow down with fixing the game.

I think in PC land though it's still different, games get patched quicker than console games do. Moreover, Diablo 3 PC will get patched faster and more times than the console version will.

indeed they have. i hope those rumors of them not going forward with diablo franchise in the same way were way false, id take another diablo 3 expansion in a second

WHA???? Where are there rumors that Blizzard is gonna stop going forward with Diablo 3?

Akai__

They probably didn't want to add a map mid season. But I agree.... It's boring to watch the same maps with different gametypes each time. Should have just come up with some competetive Forge maps.

Also, wasn't Frankie saying that Relic might be included in HCS? If so, what are they going to play on that map? 1 Flag? lol

Fuchsdh

They probably didn't want to add a map mid season. But I agree.... It's boring to watch the same maps with different gametypes each time. Should have just come up with some competetive Forge maps.

Also, wasn't Frankie saying that Relic might be included in HCS? If so, what are they going to play on that map? 1 Flag? lol

You could manually Forge out some of the play space and make it work effectively as a 4v4 or 5v5 probably.

FyreWulff

Since you can reforge the spawns, you could set it up as a slayer map where the teams spawn on either side of the base structure, and focus the traffic around it, while getting rid of the beachfront area.

relic_overhead.gif

Just need to be able to forge in a Warthog Ramp for the other side to make the access to the structure symmetrical

edit: also it'd be cool if they made the cut energy gate an optional Forge object

edit2: this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOG9iF6RFrY

A8Gdq.jpg

Top Bottom