• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

halo_amazon_main1.jpg

You missed the part where I said good. See, they got the functioning part right with Halo 4, and then the good part with MCC. If they can combine those 2 efforts we might get a quality game!!!!!!!!

I'll let y'all in on a little secret. While the MCC still doesn't work as advertised, I came up with a little cross-website meta game to play. It's to amuse myself while holding my breath for the big fix.
Lean in a little closer, I'll whisper it in your ear...
I can cuss on the neogaf forums, but heaven forbid you get too bitter over at the forums, ahem, across the "way". So very sad. Seems I've taken to ending every post over there with "I'm sad"...but you know what? It's really code for: "Because fuck you, thats why".

And I giggle an evil little giggle to myself. And I feel $459.98 better! No I don't, I just feel dirty, which is almost as fun.

I'm sad >snerk<

Omni

I'll let y'all in on a little secret. While the MCC still doesn't work as advertised, I came up with a little cross-website meta game to play. It's to amuse myself while holding my breath for the big fix.
Lean in a little closer, I'll whisper it in your ear...
I can cuss on the neogaf forums, but heaven forbid you get too bitter over at the forums, ahem, across the "way". So very sad. Seems I've taken to ending every post over there with "I'm sad"...but you know what? It's really code for: "Because fuck you, thats why".

And I giggle an evil little giggle to myself. And I feel $459.98 better! No I don't, I just feel dirty, which is almost as fun.

I'm sad >snerk<

cheryl-cole.gif

Nowise10

I'd also argue that the File Sharing system was broke for months after release, and frankly still doesn't work and has less features then Reach had. Then campaign theater was cut, no scoring or time in the campaign, forge had plenty of bugs, many if the maps still have bugs where you can break through the geometry in matchmaking, achievements were broke for people, it took them 3+ months to fix the issue in the weapon skin content update , where if you played a single campaign mission, every single load out you had would get deleted.

I'm probably missing more issues, but I hope you can see why people may have had issues with H4, too.

Might not be for a while. Bravo basically boxed himself into a corner by promising a patch release date in his next bulletin.

WHOA. I dont even care about patch notes, or a patch.

I've been tuning in just because i LOVE concept art for a map i cant matchmake into with friends so much more than meaningful information on a broken game.

If there isnt concept art, im done with halo.

Akai__

How pumped are you guys to see some more relic concept art

The map is already terrible in my eyes, but I'm sure CA will manage make the map even worse with a "cool" looking color filter.

God, I wish somebody would make maps, that look as clean and colorful as in Halo 3...

Might not be for a while. Bravo basically boxed himself into a corner by promising a patch release date in his next bulletin.

His wording was actually very clever and he didn't say we'll hear something in the next Bulletin. He said:

The next time we communicate regarding the status of the upcoming CU, we will provide a definitive timeframe for its availability.

That basically means he can do a coupple of Bulletin's, without even mentioning the CU.

Computer

I'd also argue that the File Sharing system was broke for months after release, and frankly still doesn't work and has less features then Reach had. Then campaign theater was cut, no scoring or time in the campaign, forge had plenty of bugs, many if the maps still have bugs where you can break through the geometry in matchmaking, achievements were broke for people, it took them 3+ months to fix the issue in the weapon skin content update , where if you played a single campaign mission, every single load out you had would get deleted.

I'm probably missing more issues, but I hope you can see why people may have had issues with H4, too.

Ya the BR was 5 shot. May not be a glitch but wtf.

Tawpgun

The map is already terrible in my eyes, but I'm sure CA will manage make the map even worse with a "cool" looking color filter.

God, I wish somebody would make maps, that look as clean and colorful as in Halo 3...

See the concept art? There's cloudy gray stormy clouds. Excpect some stormy 343 trademark haze. Perhaps some light on the base that gets through spartan visors.

Really disappointed we're getting relic as an H2A map. Map is an ok 1 sided obj map and good for snipers. Bout it.

The worst part about this collection to me is obviously the broken matchmaking, but god the playlists have horrible selections.

I was really hoping to get some tries on maps from H2 and other halos i havent played in AGES.

I want to play on backwash. I SAID IT. I DO.

For a game with 100+ maps, i feel like it has 20.

Akai__

See the concept art? There's cloudy gray stormy clouds. Excpect some stormy 343 trademark haze. Perhaps some light on the base that gets through spartan visors.

Really disappointed we're getting relic as an H2A map. Map is an ok 1 sided obj map and good for snipers. Bout it.

Yeah, I've seen it, but it's concept art. It will most likely change, but we don't know if the change will be better or worse. Coagulation's concept art looked miles better, than the actual map looks now for example.

And I'm really disappointed with the choice, aswell. Could have gone with so many other good and fun maps, but it probably was the easiest to create for CA.

I still don't like any of the maps CA did. They are all mediocre and they managed to ruin already existing good lookin maps. Please don't contract them again.

Haruko

Just read this; it probably helped usher the death of population counters (not saying other factors weren't involved):

http://www.polygon.com/a/the-second-generation-of-xbox-live/

On Page 4:
The weekend of the Christmas holiday, immediately after the launch of the two biggest-selling Xbox 360 games of that year, Xbox Live went down. Gamers attempting to log in to the service to play their games were greeted with an error message.

The exact source of the crash was a piece of code in Call of Duty 4. It was a small subsystem that would tally the number of players live in the game. When you signed on to play, you could see how many other players were playing. It was a neat but unnecessary flourish, and it ended up breaking the game &#8212; and Xbox Live.

As new players logged on, the first thing their game would attempt to do was page that system, to register with the counter tallying the number of players. If the counter system didn't respond, they would keep trying. Again, and again, and again. When the counter went down on Christmas weekend, the result was an inadvertent DDoS attack, first on Activision's servers and then on Xbox Live. Worse, it wasn't just Xbox 360 devices that were affected.

By 2007, Xbox Prime and Xbox 360 were not the only devices using Microsoft's online service. The fledgling Zune music player had also tapped into the service. The Call of Duty 4 crash didn't just interrupt Call of Duty and Halo games; it also disrupted service to everything else Microsoft had tied into Xbox Live. Which turned out to be everything.

Impala26

Oh god, I hear this and all I can think of is stupid board game debates:

Chess vs. Backgammon

I vastly prefer the latter even though it's notably more "luck based".

The worst part about this collection to me is obviously the broken matchmaking, but god the playlists have horrible selections.

I was really hoping to get some tries on maps from H2 and other halos i havent played in AGES.

I just want Halo CE BTB on Infinity or Gephyrophobia God damn it... :-/

Haruko

Well COD still has them i think, and halo 4 did i think too.

Some games still have them, yeah. The COD4 one was poorly thought out in design.

But I could see how this incident could cause execs to decide to not even bother with them anymore, with potential risks that high.

Tawpgun

WHo cares about playing on bad maps.

What about just horrible map/gametype management. AR's on Bloodline. AR's in fucking CTF.

AR's AR's AR's fuck off.

Big maps in small playlists. WITH AR STARTS.

SMG Starts

That feeling when you get into a lag free 4 v 4 game on the pit or midship.... WITH FUCKING AR's

It's the worst.

RowdyReverb

Oh god, I hear this and all I can think of is stupid board game debates:

Chess vs. Backgammon

I vastly prefer the latter even though it's notably more "luck based".

I just want Halo CE BTB on Infinity or Gephyrophobia God damn it... :-/
Gephyrophobia was one of the most fun maps when we were doing MCC throwdown. Speaking of which, I don't think I've seen Clique here in a while. Wonder if the throwdowns will resume after the mythical CU

Impala26

Gephyrophobia was one of the most fun maps when we were doing MCC throwdown. Speaking of which, I don't think I've seen Clique here in a while. Wonder if the throwdowns will resume after the mythical CU

First Fahz, now Clique...

We're dying b o y z ;_;

Is Granadier still banned?

But seriously, some of those Halo PC maps are godly, and I was looking forward to the MCC just to experience those again and for the first time with folks who never ever got to see them before.
I hope they make the matchmaking rotation eventually. I will always be requesting those if the MCC Throwdown jamboree ever starts up again.

Top Bottom