• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

But dude.....6.4M without using bombs and 1.8M before the first death.

Who cares about this drama after you got to witness that miracle?

Explain it with tacos.

First chapter of New Blood done. And... huh.
- Buck, Romeo, and Mickey are Spartans
- on a mission to save Virgil and the girl from the ODST data packs from Rebels
- Romeo and Mickey turn out to be working for the Rebels at the end of the chapter.

Too early to decide if I dig the direction. Buck's tone is pretty good, but a few big words I can't see him saying. But I'm enjoying reading it so far.

Woot, its a comic or miniseries or what?

I think people defending Dan Ayoub need to remember its not his silence thats making people mad, its how talkative and how much he talked up MCC before launch, only to completely vanish when things got hard

Bonnie took the hit for him when she announced Relic. If they were looking to get him off the hook she could have put out the apology and let him give the good news.

Thats all speculation though, all of it.
We dont know what happened. No one from anywhere is talking.

You're right and this is something that really bugs me about all the debate over the MCC. You've got one side screaming "343 was rushed by the big bad evil Micro$oft stop blaming them!" and another side crying "No, 343 is just an incompetent company of amateurs!"

Every single last one of them is completely full of shit when talking about what happened pre-launch. Since launch, people have been making shit up that fits their own narrative about what went wrong and what they want to believe. Without facts. Both sides claim "it's obvious." Still full of shit.

Here are the facts:
-The MCC was released in an amazingly broken state and continues to have significant issues.
-Whoever's fault it was, 343 is the developer and it's officially their job to handle complaints and clean it up post-launch.

As far as the game's release, complaints still go to 343 whether it's really their fault or not. Until Frankie gives us the breakdown he promised months ago, you just don't really know who/what to blame, but you know who to complain to. 343 employees know this is how it works and if it isn't their fault, I'm sure they're really pissed off about it.

As far as support post-launch, 343 is clearly the responsible party for this so if you have complaints about communication or patches, that's all on 343. We may not know how this shitfest was created, but we know that a patch with no ETA that breaks more than it solves is just bad work. I've no problem with people complaining about that sort of shit.

Even if there is a post-mortem, no one specific, company or otherwise, will be named.

It will probably talk about how xyz was broken, and was not tested properly, or had broken code, etc etc. They won't come out and say, "hey those dumbasses that made the UI are at fault, its a huge mess!"

Yeah I'm sure you're right.

daedalius

Even if there is a post-mortem, no one specific, company or otherwise, will be named.

It will probably talk about how xyz was broken, and was not tested properly, or had broken code, etc etc. They won't come out and say, "hey those dumbasses that made the UI are at fault, its a huge mess!"

Really? I haven't had any OneDrive issues that substantial, but I've found downloading the desktop app helps. Uploading large amounts of files (I have like 225GB available and I'll usually upload in batches from 10-65GB) it'll hang sometimes, but pausing and then unpausing the sync alleviates it.

How do you upload multiple clips in one go to OneDrive? The only way I know how to get a clip from Upload onto OneDrive is to open Upload Studio, individually select the 30 second clip, rename it as a file, tick the upload to onedrive box then wait while it uploads a duplicate to Upload, shares the clip and then uploads to onedrive. Is that the only way to move the clips from XOne to PC? I can't be bothered if that's the case.

jem0208

I really don't like how you come out of crouch if you push the stick to edge in CE. It makes being sneaky so much harder.

How do you upload multiple clips in one go to OneDrive? The only way I know how to get a clip from Upload onto OneDrive is to open Upload Studio, individually select the 30 second clip, rename it as a file, tick the upload to onedrive box then wait while it uploads a duplicate to Upload, shares the clip and then uploads to onedrive. Is that the only way to move the clips from XOne to PC? I can't be bothered if that's the case.

http://xboxclips.com/the+henery

Find the clip you want then right click and download.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How is that a threat to Halo 5? I don't think there was a game, that hurt Halo's sale numbers, yet.

Does MGS even have MP and a large fanbase?

tumblr_myednuQABz1s7j7blo1_500.gif

Akai__

http://31.media.tumblr.com/7143a670544381ee0dac141ca1d38614/tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Please explain to me why this is a weird question? I've never seen MGS affecting Halo sales or population numbers. I don't think it ever was in the top 20 of the XBL activity leaderboards.

I didn't know, that I must be aware of every game out there and if it has MP...

[quote="jailbird20022, post: 154442323"][IMG]http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/hunterhunter20022/1303606174842_zps699b41e8.gif[IMG]
bruh[/QUOTE]

It took you 4+ minutes to post a response and ignore my edit? Nice!

[quote="GringoSuave89, post: 154444189"]Pre MCC I'd agree, but I have a feeling more people will be taking a wait and see approach compared to previous year s. We're I not a Halo stan I'd be doing the same.[/QUOTE]

If anything, the Xbox One install base will be a problem here. Previous Halo games sold 10+ million copies over a certain amount of time and that's roughly the Xbox One install base right now.

Even with the MCC problems... It will still do fine, because people don't care for remasters nor does the average gamer know about the MCC issues.

Here's a prediction, if Halo 5 releases in September: More than 5 million units sold, until the end of 2015.

Please explain to me why this is a weird question? I've never seen MGS affecting Halo sales or population numbers. I don't think it ever was in the top 20 of the XBL activity leaderboards.

I didn't know, that I must be aware of every game out there and if it has MP...

It took you 4+ minutes to post a response and ignore my edit? Nice!

If anything, the Xbox One install base will be a problem here. Previous Halo games sold 10+ million copies over a certain amount of time and that's roughly the Xbox One install base right now.

Even with the MCC problems... It will still do fine, because people don't care for remasters nor does the average gamer know about the MCC issues.

1) aside from a rerelease collection and the MGSV prologue, there hasn't been any MGS game on Xbox. (well, MGS2 for oXbox but no online component).

2) I think you're really underestimating MCC's woes and how gamers will react to that, but whatever. Time will tell.

Impala26

1) aside from a rerelease collection and the MGV prologue, there hasn't been any MGS game on Xbox. (well, MGS2 for oXbox but no online component).

2) I think you're really underestimating MCC's woes and how gamers will react to that, but whatever. Time will tell.

If it ever is indeed working (mostly) properly, MS/343 are gonna need to pull out a redux advertising campaign to get people to come back.

It was still selling for full price ($59.99 USD) at the Wal-Mart I went to on Sunday, smh.

image.php

I thought the update was supposed to come out in February...

It sucks even more that we have to wait even longer for ranks.

Nice cat by the way. :-3

Freeser

Really surprised we haven't seen an update yet. What can 343i do at this point to revitalize the Halo community? Sad I don't think we'll ever experience what MCC could have been.

Akai__

Really surprised we haven't seen an update yet. What can 343i do at this point to revitalize the Halo community? Sad I don't think we'll ever experience what MCC could have been.

Patch is still in certification and it can fail the process.

They can do a coupple things:

• Pre-order Halo 5 and get Halo MCC for free.
  • Free with Games with Gold.
  • Advertise it everywhere. "Play the story of the Master Chief and get ready for Halo 5!"

But honestly, I doub't it's seeing a revive.

Put Joseph Staten in charge of 343. That's the only way Halo would be revitalized.

Freeser

They can do a coupple things:

• Pre-order Halo 5 and get Halo MCC for free.
  • Free with Games with Gold.
  • Advertise it everywhere. "Play the story of the Master Chief and get ready for Halo 5!"

But honestly, I doub't it's seeing a revive.

None of these options interest me as someone who has already purchased and played through campaign though. They will need to seriously reinvigorate multiplayer to bring the player base back. Ranks would be a good start...

The only way to do is it to have Rooster Teeth make a parody video of TMCC's blunders and apologize for everything, while releasing the one patch to rule them all.

They've been keeping it secret, keeping it safe for all this time.

I'll simply walk away now.

Akai__

None of these options interest me as someone who has already purchased and played through campaign though. They will need to seriously reinvigorate multiplayer to bring the player base back. Ranks would be a good start...

Understood your post wrong.

Yeah, let's hope they'll tweak MP settings until it's perfect. I mean, ranks don't even work yet. You literally play against level 40's as a level 6 and win the game.

Obscured

In anticipation of the patch coming I started playing again (so I will have a base to compare). I was originally going to do a run through of all campaigns on Legendary, but I had held off when I heard about some of the checkpoint bugs. Also I didn't want my muscle memory to be completely destroyed by Destiny.

Since it had been a while I was pleasantly surprised to see Spartan Ops there (yes, I know you hate it, but I felt liked it improved as it went along and it scratched a firefight itch but with more diverse scenery (that I would have liked to revisit just a tad less). However I was then less than pleasantly disappointed that there was no matchmaking. Slogging through those by yourself is not fun, definitely a group activity and because the word egghead causes blood to run from the tear-ducts of others there is no way to convince anyone to play with me.

After having matchmaking for Reach I was also sad to see it missing, but that I never expected it for these campaigns, I would have just really liked it (as an option). Since I didn't want to get too invested I just decided on a normal run. Happily it has been working fine for me so far, just on Halo CE right now, Truth and Consequences, NM. I'm kind of enjoying just leisuring (totally a correct use of a word) through it, not sure I will do a legendary run now.

And then MP. I was one of those able to get games from the beginning, but even from that it has definitely improved, though that is obviously a loaded statement. I'm finding matches between 1-3 minutes and typically in the 90 second region, though still with the usual quirks. Can't tell for sure when it is dedicated or P2P. Getting the beep countdown about 70% of the time, but I believe that isn't a reliable indicator anymore? Some games feel great, some it is hard to tell if that is the game code screwing me or network issues or maybe I'm just bad. Only had one game that started off-balance this week, but it was 3v5. And even still, there are still quitters and AFK, though maybe they are having network issues and I shouldn't be so hard on them.

When everything is working though - it seems like the server is dedicated, as well as the teams, nobody is quitting, nobody is being an idiot - this game just scratches an itch that no other does. I'm seeing also now why some people hated Halo 2 coming from CE. I like them both (I actually like all the game's MP, but I see them as distinct game modes as opposed to there being a one true halo). I could understand the arguments being made, but it is interesting feeling those differences now (and I know this isn't exactly the same as when you were a pro playing on a LAN with your ladies and your house made of money, because they used the inferior and terrible PC port and everything is broken anyway). It hasn't diminished how I feel about any of the other ones, but I'm really glad I'm able to play this now, even if it is not yet perfect.

I really hope they get this perfect, although I'm not even sure exactly what that looks like anymore. I keep seeing the 'is it fixed yet?' messages, but I wonder what that even means. I know what 'good enough' means for me and that is a fair bit off from what we have now, but it probably doesn't match up to the lists of others.

I hope there is some postmortem on the main issues they faced. It seems like there are people who want to know who to blame, but I really want to know what the underlying (code) issues were.

Top Bottom