• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
you don't watch sports that much do you, especially football/basketball players.
Nope

Used to play them in my school days which was good times. I'm sure most of the Esports guys are cool though. I was just referencing the controller throwing, rage quitting, and constant team switching that is apparently a thing.

IHaveIce

Banned
It's funny because Maniac is the one that caused the shitstorm last night.
I know, he is not as good.

You could definitely make the case for Maniac and maybe Victory X and FiS... but I don't think Ninja is better than Cloud or Hysteria.

edit: I will say I didn't like how rude Hysteria always was to Ninja from some scrims I watched, though.

Cloud isn't as good. Not nowadays. Hysteria maybe

IHaveIce

Banned
It isn't just about skill you know. It is about who you can feel comfortable playing with.

I know. Still doesn't help that Maniac on Optic is bogus.

I mean Optic at all is a weird team but yeah

Edit: I wish a surprise team consisting of Ninja, Legit, Tsquared and Formal (yeah I can dream) would just wipe Season 2

jem0208

I know. Still doesn't help that Maniac on Optic is bogus.

I mean Optic at all is a weird team but yeah

Edit: I wish a surprise team consisting of Ninja, Legit, Tsquared and Formal (yeah I can dream) would just wipe Season 2

Spartan and Ninja have been streaming together for the last few hours. Potential for those two teaming up?

Hah, Ninja and Spartan vs the Suddoth twins on stream.

Edit: Oh damn the suddoths are mad.

Edit2: Oh damn, the sudds are really fucking mad.

Ninja and Spartan doing working. They really need to find a team, or start one. They have potential to be amazing.

They're really good together, they destroyed the Sudds.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Spartan and Ninja have been streaming together for the last few hours. Potential for those two teaming up?

The sudds are always mad. They are a pair of idiots.

And why did ninja get kicked off cloud 9?

Welfare

Don't worry. It was just lag
kappa_big.png

belushy

Banned
Was ninja really the weak link?

I posted this up a few posts ago, but it isn't always about skill. It is who you're most comfortable with. I believe in the past all three of the remaining C9 players have played with Ola at one point or another on different teams. They have chemistry with him.

I always assumed Pistola would join back up with LBX and Roy.

I'm sure that was the plan, but then Lethul pretty much said fuck no and started playing amazing. He wanted that EG spot to be permanent, and I'm happy for him that he was able to do it.

Welfare

I posted this up a few posts ago, but it isn't always about skill. It is who you're most comfortable with. I believe in the past all three of the remaining C9 players have played with Ola at one point or another on the same team. They have chemistry with him.

I forget which player it was, but Ninja said he only really had one friend on C9.

Madness

I posted this up a few posts ago, but it isn't always about skill. It is who you're most comfortable with. I believe in the past all three of the remaining C9 players have played with Ola at one point or another on different teams. They have chemistry with him.

Very true. At this high level play, almost everyone is essentially 'good' for what you need them to do in matches. It's more a combination of chemistry, communication, building a team with etc. It's not Ninja isn't good, it's that Pistola is good and the rest feel they would have as good a team with him.

Booshka

Damn missed all the eSports drama, thanks for the summary Thorn. Bummed that CLG dropped Heinz, but he really under performed in the last couple matches. Royal 2 and Snakebite, with Ogre 2 playing solid carried them to Top 2, if Heinz would have played better, then Grand Finals would have been competitive and they could have won.

Denial looks really strong with that Roster, and Optic will probably be good too, EG is the favorite, C9, no idea, not surprised Ninja got dropped, even though he was 2nd most consistent behind Hysteria. I didn't see Victory or FiS leaving one another, and Hysteria didn't like Ninja, so there you go.

Too bad Mikwen and Ninja didnt get back together on Denial, but APG is a better pickup.

I see an old STR8 with Ryanoob possibly forming soon enough. T2, Naded, Legit and Ryanoob could work for Top 4, if Legit is still playing.

Lot of action, fun offseason, hopefully teams get settled, Ninja finds a solid team, and drama settles down into good scrims and a good second season.

Rooting for CLG and Denial.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Finally watching The Sprint. Really cool actually. Neat to see how the midship remake came together.

I think at times people forget that there are teams and actual individuals working on Halo. Seeing art go back and forth with multiplayer design to tweak things is great to watch.

Karl2177

As it turns out my roommate has played every Halo campaign except for Halo 2. He was watching the first cutscene and asked me who that Elite was. My response was Thel Vadamee. He then found terminals on Outskirts and Metropolis which talk about how many humans Thel Vadamee had killed. Then he got to the opening cutscene of The Arbiter and put it all together. Gotta say, the terminals really add to that(in addition to me telling him who the character was without spoiling it).

Kssio_Aug

Today I finished Halo 2! Liked it, but overall I liked Halo CE more (except for the last two levels that I found very frustrating in CE).

I mean, there are some things that Halo 2 does better imo: like more variety in the level design, the possibility to carry 2 guns, to play as the Arbiter, and better story telling and character presentation! But still, the gameplay and shooting itself was way better in CE, imho!

In Halo CE I had the impression the enemies were overall better placed in the areas so you could plan a lot better your tacts, also the levels were more open. And the flood: in Halo 2 they were extremely boring to fight against and I had the impression that almost any weapon was pretty weak agains them, even the shotgun! While in Halo CE you could oblitarate then with some weapons, specially the shotgun, and plan better your approach!

I have just started Halo 3 and am loving it. I'm having the CE vibe, what is great! But I hope it keep up the good pace till the end, and hopefully the flood will not be as frustrating as they were in Halo 2.

Really great serie so far! Loving it!!

Nope

Used to play them in my school days which was good times. I'm sure most of the Esports guys are cool though. I was just referencing the controller throwing, rage quitting, and constant team switching that is apparently a thing.

Yeah, personally I just think it's a competition/money thing.

Doesn't happen as much in professional physical sports because of contracts and the guys get paid win or lose (they only seem to get pissy when money is involved or if someone is throwing shade to their performance)

willow ve

For Halo 5 (not that I'm considering buying it) they need to offer forge palates that can completely change the look of a map instantly. Just like styles change a sketchup model without affecting any of the base geometry.

Would be great to play on The Pit in standard, TRON, orange, etc. styles. One style they should completely abandon is the "ultra realistic immersion style of realism"

Haruko

New reality check, Ninja, Spartan and the Sudds #Kappa

Looks like Arkanum and Aries may team with Ninja and Spartan, even though they already announced Prototype and Str8 Sick as teammates.

At least A/A talked to them first (Prototype, at least) about the situation. No confirmation yet but they were scrimming together all evening and Ninja was talking about it.

jem0208

Looks like Arkanum and Aries may team with Ninja and Spartan, even though they already announced Prototype and Str8 Sick as teammates.

At least A/A talked to them first (Prototype, at least) about the situation. No confirmation yet but they were scrimming together all evening and Ninja was talking about it.

What would happen to Prototype and Str8 Sick then? I'd really like to see Ninja in a team but it would kinda suck for those guys.

Today I finished Halo 2! Liked it, but overall I liked Halo CE more (except for the last two levels that I found very frustrating in CE).

I mean, there are some things that Halo 2 does better imo: like more variety in the level design, the possibility to carry 2 guns, to play as the Arbiter, and better story telling and character presentation! But still, the gameplay and shooting itself was way better in CE, imho!

In Halo CE I had the impression the enemies were overall better placed in the areas so you could plan a lot better your tacts, also the levels were more open. And the flood: in Halo 2 they were extremely boring to fight against and I had the impression that almost any weapon was pretty weak agains them, even the shotgun! While in Halo CE you could oblitarate then with some weapons, specially the shotgun, and plan better your approach!

I have just started Halo 3 and am loving it. I'm having the CE vibe, what is great! But I hope it keep up the good pace till the end, and hopefully the flood will not be as frustrating as they were in Halo 2.

Really great serie so far! Loving it!!
As far as Flood goes Halo 3 is by far the best IMO. Killing the flood is far more satisfying as they die a lot faster, a lot more get thrown at you though.

That said there is still a very annoying flood level.

Haruko

What would happen to Prototype and Str8 Sick then? I'd really like to see Ninja in a team but it would kinda suck for those guys.

Well, we still don't know what's going on with Tsquared/Str8 Rippin. There's not a ton of options but there's likely some.

Prototype posted on Beyond:
Hopefully you guys don't take it as shady, I already talked about it with Arkanum and completely understand the view points, hoping it works for me but if it doesn't I get it =]

EDIT:

Also, APG posted about what happened to him here.

Regarding the contract issues that Maniac had, to be as short as possible, I had none lol. I was just way too lazy to read over the contract and actually sign, but kept telling them I did.

FHbrDrV.png

Top Bottom