• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Halo 3 flood is a joke until Cortana and that singular level makes h3 flood the worst. The pistol tears h1 flood apart, you have the sword in 2 and can headshot them as well in that game. Throw multiple forms at you with a long range attack in a level full of cramped corridors and it's a ragefest.
I like rolling with a Plasma Rifle/Pistol and Shotgun combo. PR/P bolts for range and it shreds up close, Shotgun for domination.

jem0208

Because it's AI is also "just running towards you", to pretty much the same degree as CE's Flood.
Ah, well the positives of Doom are its level design. There's also a large variety of enemies, which run at you in different ways or shoot projectiles at you which you can dodge. You can also outrun most enemies (I think, when I said recently it was more like a couple of years ago) Anyway, it's not really the combat which makes Doom so good. It's the fantastic level design, something which the flood levels in CE kinda lack.

Just had a 7v6 of Gungoose ctf followed by a Valhalla map load fail (I'm convinced only Halo 3 fails to load - can anyone confirm?) followed by a the 7 player glitch in the lobby. The woods, we are still in them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Halo 3 flood is a joke until Cortana and that singular level makes h3 flood the worst. The pistol tears h1 flood apart, you have the sword in 2 and can headshot them as well in that game. Throw multiple forms at you with a long range attack in a level full of cramped corridors and it's a ragefest.

Cortina is the worst mission of all the halo games regardless of difficulty. Library is a close second.

Because I know HaloGAF and the moderators just love cryptic stuff:

099Q9Hr.png

It should be pretty easy to figure out the basics, at least.

^What?!?!?

The same corridors over and over again? Waiting on long ass doors? Not overthinking the reason the monitor can't just teleport you to the index?
Yeah, I can see why other people don't like it. But I love the atmosphere, the enemies and all that mistery. I think it's a great level to play after 343 Guilty Spark.

That video has the clip of the marine who calls out there being a Spartan, reminds me of how Halo 4 missed the mark in that regard. Here's that clip from Halo 3:
Marine 1: Hey, -taps Marine 2- check it out.
Marine 2: -looks up, surprised- No way, a Spartan?
Marine 3, face covered in bloody bandages, unable to see: For real.. you better not be..
Marine 2: No man, he's here! We're gonna be alright!

Hope.

Let's compare that to Halo 4's scene when MC returned from the dead:
First time meeting Palmer: I thought you'd be taller. My thoughts when watching --
Uhh YEEE bitch??
First time meeting Del Rio: wut. My thoughts when watching --
Who the fuck is this randie?

Side Note: Yeah, thought he'd be much taller too.

That video has the clip of the marine who calls out there being a Spartan, reminds me of how Halo 4 missed the mark in that regard. Here's that clip from Halo 3:
Marine 1: Hey, -taps Marine 2- check it out.
Marine 2: -looks up, surprised- No way, a Spartan?
Marine 3, face covered in bloody bandages, unable to see: For real.. you better not be..
Marine 2: No man, he's here! We're gonna be alright!

Hope.

Let's compare that to Halo 4's scene when MC returned from the dead:
First time meeting Palmer: I thought you'd be taller. My thoughts when watching --
Uhh YEEE bitch??
First time meeting Del Rio: wut. My thoughts when watching --
Who the fuck is this randie?

Side Note: Yeah, thought he'd be much taller too.
Once the Spartan IV's went public so did the the Spartan II and III(to my knowledge) So the myth became reality and reality isn't as impressive(Finding out spartans are mortal, and all that)
So certain individual are not as surprised with Spartans anymore,
Palmer Was likely briefed on Chiefs record and all and having insight into the previous Programs makes it a little less Awe inspiring.

Rio though is and will always be a complete tool, dudes an ass

what even funnier is he pretty much gets sent to a black hole because he went against chief lol
FLEETCOM wasn't pleased when he arrived back at Earth without John-117 so he was forced to step down as Captain and was replaced by Lasky. The attack on New Phoenix could only have served to aggravate the poor standing with FLEETCOM in which Del Rio found himself, since it could have been prevented if he had listened to the Master Chief.

wish I could've seen his demotion...

like him being an ass literally got an entire city wiped out.
That would be an Awesome cut scene lol

In the Kilo-Five books, it seems like Parangoski wanted him sent to Midnight Facility, basically a detention center/black site. Sucks to be Del Rio.

Nah let him burn Dudes a prick lol.
Lasky is So much better lol.
I need to catch up on the novels Currently reading broken circle, Next is The last Kilo 5, then Silentium,

Cant wait for the new novels coming out,
New Blood was fantastic

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah the lack of any... well anything regarding the revelation that Chief
AKA Hero of the galaxy
AKA Savior of all you shits
AKA Space Jesus
was alive was really a major fail.

Once the Spartan IV's went public so did the the Spartan II and III(to my knowledge) So the myth became reality and reality isn't as impressive(Finding out spartans are mortal, and all that)
So certain individual are not as surprised with Spartans anymore,
Palmer Was likely briefed on Chiefs record and all and having insight into the previous Programs makes it a little less Awe inspiring.

Rio though is and will always be a complete tool, dudes an ass
The Spartan II's have been public knowledge since before Reach in an effort to raise morale. They were awe inspiring because of their legendary reputation in battle. Having one basically meant your chance of living just Sky rocketed.

Palmer's just a disrespectful dick all around and Del Rio is, as you said, an ass tool.

jem0208

Most enemies? More like most anythings. With a bit of wallrunning it's even possible to outrun a rocket. :D

I thought you could, I just couldn't quite remember if there was a monster which was faster. I was thinking of these flaming bastards...
latest

I remember it's their attack which you can't outrun, need to get out of their line of sight. A massive pain in the ass if you run into a couple of them though.

Halo.

I thought you could, I just couldn't quite remember if there was a monster which was faster. I was thinking of these flaming bastards...
latest

I remember it's their attack which you can't outrun, need to get out of their line of sight. A massive pain in the ass if you run into a couple of them though.

Halo.

Have we ever had anything like the Arch-Vile in Halo before? It'd be a fun miniboss, and I could see a Promethean unit working like it where it goes around, fires explosive bolts, resurrects other Prometheans, etc.

Impala26

I'm fine with the time.

Cool. Still shooting for like 2pm Saturday, but may move to Sunday.

How early?

Daedy, you still down? Would one day work better than the other?

Gringo, aHebrewMenagerie, IHaveIce, Tawpgun, Jellycrackers, Mix (wherever the hell you've been lately)... any of you guys still interested or have preference to a particular day and/or time?
Anyone else who's in here even semi-regularly and has Destiny for XB1 you're welcome to chime in too.

Tawpgun

Cool. Still shooting for like 2pm Saturday, but may move to Sunday.

Gringo, aHebrewMenagerie, IHaveIce, Tawpgun, Jellycrackers, Mix (wherever the hell you've been lately)... any of you guys still interested or have preference to a particular day and/or time?
Anyone else who's in here even semi-regularly and has Destiny for XB1 you're welcome to chime in too.

If I'm around. Just lemme know what time

Impala26

Reposted for a new page!

I'm fine with the time.

If I'm around. Just lemme know what time

Cool. Still shooting for like 2pm EST Saturday, but may move to Sunday. Certainly NOT going to be moved to EARLIER in the day on either of those days though.

How early?

dwells

Do people actually like the Flood?

I think they've detracted from every campaign they've been in. In Halo 1 they just provided an excuse to force you to play the campaign over again in reverse order, except with less interesting combat. In Halo 2, they existed primarily to avoid the controversy of having you kill Marines when playing as the Arbiter. In Halo 3, they gave us Cortana, arguably the worst thing to ever exist in anything ever.

They're boring monster-closet cannon fodder that make up for lack of AI with sheer quantity. Honestly, I think the primary reason for their existence is that they make for easier level design than having to place and script more advanced AI and design interesting encounters. That stuff takes up a lot of design and playtest time, and we all known that Bungie had a hard time with time management and fitting in the content they wanted in each Halo game before the deadlines hit.

Even from a lore perspective I think they detract. Especially once Gravemind came into the picture and it turns out they're all psychically-controlled and part of a cryptic evil creature's quest for universal domination.

tl;dr: I don't like the Flood, dwells is salty and complains a lot, etc.

Madness

Reposted for a new page!

Cool. Still shooting for like 2pm EST Saturday, but may move to Sunday. Certainly NOT going to be moved to EARLIER in the day on either of those days though.

Damn, still haven't been able to have a single raid with 6 people? It's been weeks man lol. Just shows that they should definitely implement some form of matchmaking eventually for Destiny 2. For some people it's easy to get a raid party going, for others it's tough to organize a time, get enough people available etc.

Top Bottom