• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I'd like to see the campaign (still with Blur CGI), SPOPS/something new and multi again AKA Halo 4 split. One provision though, the cut scenes for the new SPOPS replacement are in game engine with your character/friends characters on a full blown cloud dynamic story mode. Go cloud/dedis crazy in this mode Microsoft/Azure/343i. I want to see how/what all these marketing launch dot points, global datacentres and technical wizardy can translate to in the design/development pipeline and online in coop multiplayer.

I've been sort of mulling this over pre/post the X1 launch and here's a real chance to push that envelope. Lead by example and look at what Destiny tried matchmaking/friends presentation layer wise. Create a new standard of online engine and story telling interaction and watch developers and players flock to it. Eve online develops its own story based on the players/factions, why can't Halo with an Azure global backend do something similar in a separate mode away from the Chief's saga?

Imagine you join a clan or make one with friends and copy over the multiplayer map showing lights for player locations but extrapolate that out to the in game universe/factions/results from coop or clan clashes in real time etc. Some things could be player/clan obtainable and other elements simply story driven/controlled.

Just don't let it suck, please :)

I admit it the iron tier part made me grin, big time.

I liked Del Rio purely because I got to see Chief tell a superior to get fucked. Loved it.
Agreed I mean Spartan ops has so much potential. And could be something amazing though Episodic content means Something has got to give IE cost money, These thing still have to be made and that cost money.

But this sounds like a total dream, I cant wait till Devs start tapping into the the x box ones power, Similar to what 343 did with 360 for halo 4.

But this sounds like a total dream, I cant wait till Devs start tapping into the the x box ones power, Similar to what 343 did with 360 for halo 4.

Normally I'd say the system is so new that it'll be a while before developers can grasp the full potential, but considering the system specs, it might not take that long.

Booshka

Normally I'd say the system is so new that it'll be a while before developers can grasp the full potential, but considering the system specs, it might not take that long.

Tablet CPU with shitty clock speeds. Gonna have to spin up a lot of Azure dedi's to make up for that junky CPU.

i hope so it has so much potential, and there are so many possibilities i can wait till its fully realized.

even things as simple as chat (which was nearly perfect on 360)
is beginning to function much smoother now after the most recent OS update.

Tablet CPU with shitty clock speeds. Gonna have to spin up a lot of Azure dedi's to make up for that junky CPU.
Do you think with and up dated Xbox one (something similar to Slim/elite for 360)
Could address the Hardware issues xbox one has
or do you think they will keep the same cpu throughout its consoles lifetime

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That should be what they do for the next ODST if they ever do one. Have it as a tactical fps that develops more on what ODST did with replacing shields with stamina, to show how vulnerable you actually are etc.

Ugh, calling shields "stamina" and making it recharge slower really didn't make me feel like an ODST...

But you are right in a sense.

343 should stop molesting Halos gameplay and make ODST and real spin off for the cod kiddies. The opportunity is perfect. It's right there in front of them, hell, it even makes perfectly logical sense...

Madness

The ODST program no longer exists though right? All existing ODST's that were good have been made into Spartan-IV's no? Unless they do a prequel to Halo 3 events.

The ODST program no longer exists though right? All existing ODST's that were good have been made into Spartan-IV's no? Unless they do a prequel to Halo 3 events.

I have to imagine since they're still recruiting Spartan-IVs the ODST still has a modicum of presence in the UNSC as a buffer division.

ODSTs are still around and kicking, according to Halopedia. There's even a number of them on the Infinity.

TBPF, I doubt they'll ever phase them out completely. The Infinity seems to have the highest concentration of Spartans anywhere in the UNSC, and even they can't field them in every engagement. Just too expensive.

Akai__

I liked the scene in FuD, where the ODST's dropped and the guy was like: "Why are ODST's dropping here?" Like, you know it's not a good sign when they do.

Can't wait to play ODST in 60FPS. It's also te first time I can enjoy the original localization and don't have to deal with the terrible german cast. "You know the music. Time to dance!" Hype!

I'm also unsure if you can recreate the ODST atmosphere in a potential new ODST game. It was just perfect and the music helped a lot.

Impala26

I liked the scene in FuD, where the ODST's dropped and the guy was like: "Why are ODST's dropping here?" Like, you know it's not a good sign when they do.

Can't wait to play ODST in 60FPS. It's also te first time I can enjoy the original localization and don't have to deal with the terrible german cast. "You know the music. Time to dance!" Hype!

I'm also unsure if you can recreate the ODST atmosphere in a potential new ODST game. It was just perfect and the music helped a lot.

FIREFLY CAST HYYYYPPE!!!

I seriously think that's a big reason as to why the general banter and scenes flowed so well in ODST--that these guys already worked together with each other a ton.

Really wish Bungie hadn't insisted on making the dialogue so PG though. Your game's already coming out with an M rating, what's the point? It just ends up making things sound less genuine. That's my only gripe with the characters and dialogue of ODST.

FIREFLY CAST HYYYYPPE!!!

I seriously think that's a big reason as to why the general banter and scenes flowed so well in ODST--that these guys already worked together with each other a ton.

Really wish Bungie hadn't insisted on making the dialogue so PG though. Your game's already coming out with an M rating, what's the point? It just ends up making things sound less genuine. That's my only gripe with the characters and dialogue of ODST.

The only time it threw me off was Mickey's "son of a gun" line, but on repeat watches that struck me more as a military bearing thing. Mickey seems like the most "innocent" / humbled one of the squad.

Honestly, the weirdest part to me was Rookie never saying a word even when spoken to, but that combined with him always napping and Buck's "not completely green - but then again no ODST is" just gave me the impression he was mute after suffering PTSD from everything that happened to him in Dirt.

Does he talk at all in New Blood?

jem0208

We Back.

Beyond was hilarious last night.

I just finished reading through all the drama. Ninja's posts were fucking hilarious.

What happened?

Pistola and the rest of C9 were scrimming with Naded's team and went something like 0-11.

Hysteria's twitch chat was filled with stuff like #BetterwithNinja and Pist-0-11-a. Basically lost of trolling. Someone posted a photo shopped pic of Naded driving a bulldozer through the C9 team and Ola just blew it. He said he hates the community and would rather work a 9-5 job, he was bad mouthing Naded, saying he was glad he got Naded replaced with Lunchbox etc. It was kind of hilarious.

Read through the last few pages of the Beyond HCS thread, it's a roller-coaster.

IHaveIce

Banned
What happened?

Pistola played like shit and did some scrims with Cloud 9 against Naded's team.

Naded had a winning streak of 11-0.

Chat posts #betterwithninja in Hysteria's chat clearly directed at hysteria and FiS for dropping Ninja. Ola suddenly flips out and says how he hates the community and naded, that naded never did win an event and he got him replaced on purpose at EG.

Hysteria also then talked shit about the community.

Now they are upset people took Ola's words as an offense and aren't apologizing, nope they were even saying "you guys got even Ola mad, shows how you are as a community"

Cloud 9 is terrible without Ninja. Ola is a little kid first breaking his hand because he lost and hit a table and now he is mad that a twitch chat talked some smack and says he hates the community that donated money for helping him with the surgery.

Computer

Chat posts #betterwithninja in Hysteria's chat clearly directed at hysteria and FiS for dropping Ninja. Ola suddenly flips out and says how he hates the community and naded, that naded never did win an event and he got him replaced on purpose at EG.

Now they are upset people took Ola's words as an offense and aren't apologizing, nope they were even saying "you guys got even Ola mad, shows how you are as a community"

Cloud 9 is terrible without Ninja. Ola is a little kid first breaking his hand because he lost and hit a table and now he is mad that a twitch chat talked some smack and says he hates the community that donated money for helping him with the surgery.
Yes last night was very fun. I love the HCS. Thank you 343.

CyReN

fM6IiQi.jpg

Pistola and the rest of C9 were scrimming with Naded's team and went something like 0-11.

Hysteria's twitch chat was filled with stuff like #BetterwithNinja and Pist-0-11-a. Basically lost of trolling. Someone posted a photo shopped pic of Naded driving a bulldozer through the C9 team and Ola just blew it. He said he hates the community and would rather work a 9-5 job, he was bad mouthing Naded, saying he was glad he got Naded replaced with Lunchbox etc. It was kind of hilarious.

Read through the last few pages of the Beyond HCS thread, it's a roller-coaster.

lol, I'm going to go read that beyond thread.

VinFTW

Pistola is such an ungrateful little shit, I used to be a pretty big fan of his, but recently he's shown just how much of a tool he really is

What he said is pretty awful and he should apologize to the community for sure, but he's been a pretty awesome person to the community before this incident. He's always been a little of a hothead, just not directed towards the community.

IHaveIce

Banned
What he said is pretty awful and he should apologize to the community for sure, but he's been a pretty awesome person to the community before this incident. He's always been a little of a hothead, just not directed towards the community.

Yeah because he knew where his fame came from so he was nice to fans etc. He trashtalked and got personal a lot at tourneys.

Since he realized he is a very good player back in 2009-2010 he got overconfident. At his first rouney he was such a humble and shy guy

VinFTW

Yeah because he knew where his fame came from so he was nice to fans etc. He trashtalked and got personal a lot at tourneys.

Since he realized he is a very good player back in 2009-2010 he got overconfident. At his first rouney he was such a humble and shy guy

He's hands down top 3-5 players, IMO. He got heated, over-reacted, and is probably frustrated at his return not being as successful as he likes. I'm sure he's still rusty or not playing as well as he wants right now.

Hopefully he owns up to it like a big boy and apologizes. The Halo community is literally all he has, whether he likes it or not lol

You give any kid a large amount of money, I don't care who it is, it'll mess with their head. No one can grow and mature properly when they think they're set for life.

daedalius

I like Halo and stuff, but I cannot bring myself to care about HCS...

The Unauthorized SpeedyBlueDude Biography (c)

I care about HCS to the point of watching and enjoying the matches. Definitely don't care about the drama, but this shit is pretty funny.

Bulldozer pic made me lol though

Top Bottom