• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I'm so happy Double Team is in MCC. So much fun. It feels good to get back into Halo.

Halo Online still looks awesome to me. I hope it gets a global release, without the f2p hooks and perk/loadout based gameplay.

At the very least, Halo Online nailed the visual style of Halo, something the Halo 5 beta didn't fully deliver on IMO.

Nowise10

Was.
Not anymore.

How is this not godly compared to HaloWayPoint. We get the latest relevant and important update in front of your eyes immediately, and then an entire "news" section right below it, along with the key information about Destiny's weekly missions and its latest patch notes. Then on the right you have the toolbar that has everything available at ease. My guardian, the forums, lore, support. There is zero confusion and difficulty in finding anything on the site.

VOIG8RH.png

Now we compare to to Halowaypoint. I can't find the latest update or news regarding Halo. There is nothing that says "news" on the homepage. Now, I want to check my stats for Halo? I have zero idea where to go, too. Once again, nothing obvious like "My Spartan" or something along the lines is visible. No straight link to the forums, or drop downs. It is a lot more hectic then it should be, atleast for a game as big as Halo, with a somewhat large community.

Bungie.net is better in every single way. Now, you can hate the new forum system all you want, because I hate it too, but I ain't gonna diss the sites design, as it is very good.

Karl2177

I went to the Waypoint site and was reminded how confusing it is. Am I the only one that thinks its ridiculously organized? The front page is a big ad. And you have to dig into Community to find news stories. I don't understand that.

Waypoint has never been "good". At best, it's been tolerable, and that was during the Reach era. I should do another Waypoint criticism, but as of late, my desire to write much beyond a paragraph is waning.

How is this not godly compared to HaloWayPoint. We get the latest relevant and important update in front of your eyes immediately, and then an entire "news" section right below it, along with the key information about Destiny's weekly missions and its latest patch notes. Then on the right you have the toolbar that has everything available at ease. My guardian, the forums, lore, support. There is zero confusion and difficulty in finding anything on the site.

I don't know about you, but "Legend" isn't nearly as intuitive as "Guardian" or "Player Stats".

singhr1

Now we compare to to Halowaypoint. I can't find the latest update or news regarding Halo. There is nothing that says "news" on the homepage. Now, I want to check my stats for Halo? I have zero idea where to go, too. Once again, nothing obvious like "My Spartan" or something along the lines is visible. No straight link to the forums, or drop downs. It is a lot more hectic then it should be, atleast for a game as big as Halo, with a somewhat large community.

Bungie.net is better in every single way. Now, you can hate the new forum system all you want, because I hate it too, but I ain't gonna diss the sites design, as it is very good.

The "Community" tab of Halowaypoint is basically all most people want. The rest is information and promotion about Halo games. So "Community" is basically Waypoint's bungie.net while the rest is sort of like destinythegame.com

I agree bungie.net is better but 343i made the decision to promote their games first and foremost. It's that decision that pushes blog posts, forums, and service record materials to a secondary role.

Also, I was looking through the game variants in my service record and one of them is "Payback." I've never heard of this game variant and obviously have no service record. Is this even in the game?

MouldyK

Off-Topic Kinda, but Splatoon looks like it will be my Shooter of the Year if they can make it as fun as it looks. But I doubt Nintendo can make it any less laggy than some of the MCC matches I have played.

If Halo 5 don't work out, just make a colourful game like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qASMCQZWxqs

More Action Sack, less H2A please! Or Ricochet, gimme more Ricochet!

Also, these have no reason to look as cute as they are:

CBigGfIW8AAS3uw.png:large

343i, give me adorable Spartans like these please! Megabloks arn't appealing to anyone!

Also, what are you even watching on Youtube, VisceralBowl? o_O Is that a PC on the ground?

And maybe it was a hidden plug-in which cropped up when you didn't know?

Nowise10

Has their been an answer why they made Team Doubles AR/SMG starts. Why. Why. Why. Why. WHY. No one asked for this.

Im usually a positive guy when it comes to Halo, but who is managing these playlist. Why is BTB still 14 players. Why is Rumble Pit still 10? Why would they think SMG spawns in team doubles would be fun?

lawful

Banned
So I live under a rock and all but those live action trailers were dope af. I don't mind the aim down sights so long as there is no load outs or custom perks. Seemed super fast paced but very team focused. When I played I rarely was killed by a lone player. Seems fun, I just hope the story is on par but those two trailers sold me on the new guy and the potential story. Steve Downes talking in live action was awesome too and if they evr make the movie and just cash in on Tom Cruise or Chris Pratt I'm going to be cross with Halo again.

Favorite map and why?

Just pick one. Use your heart not your head.

Sandtrap, for some reason I seemed to always have the most fun on that map. I think the chopper had a lot to do with it. Desert landscape was a nice touch. I'd like to see a new version with a catacomb area that connected the different top sections.

Sidewinder, it's great in vehicles or on foot. Hopping around in the teleporters is great fun, love passi ng the flag through the bars and intense CTF stalemates. Avalanche is awesome too.

Compsiox

Banned
So I went to 343 industries...

I did not get in.

BUT THE SECRETARY EMAILED FRANK O CONNOR AND SAID:

"Compsiox was here"

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So I went to 343 industries...

I did not get in.

BUT THE SECRETARY EMAILED FRANK O CONNOR AND SAID:

"Compsiox was here"

Which was a threat.

I feel like we've been down this road before. Why in the hell would you go to a studio without an invite? That's legit creepy.

Finally watched Nightfall yesterday. Why does this thing have the Halo label on it, besides using a few assets of weapons, armors and stuff? It's like a b horror movie where you just wait until everybody but a few die. There was a total lack of a sense of danger. And it makes no sense how the landscape (water, grass, etc) and the lekgolo could survive the extreme temperature on daylight.

I really liked FuD and tought Nightfall couldnt be as bad as many say. But man, that was hard to watch, you could cut these 98 Minutes to barely 20 without losing anything important.

It really felt like a cheap Pitchblack ripoff

Glass

Yep. It was not good.

It always confuses me how so much money and time and effort can get thrown at a production, without anyone going 'You know, this script is pretty fucking lacklustre.'

Finally watched Nightfall yesterday. Why does this thing have the Halo label on it, besides using a few assets of weapons, armors and stuff? It's like a b horror movie where you just wait until everybody but a few die. There was a total lack of a sense of danger. And it makes no sense how the landscape (water, grass, etc) and the lekgolo could survive the extreme temperature on daylight.

I really liked FuD and tought Nightfall couldnt be as bad as many say. But man, that was hard to watch, you could cut these 98 Minutes to barely 20 without losing anything important.

Yep, i hope the Steven Spielberg thing this year (is it still coming btw?) is good and near or beyond FuD Quality.

Nightfall was trash and i learned nothing about Locke at all. I still dont know if i should like him or not.

Yeah, I mean in FuD you have that likeable characters and a lot of tense when the covenant attacks - And then this epic finale in the last 15 minutes with John killing the Hunter, where you really feel this is Halo.

But Nightfall, the only good scene is the first 1 minute intro that give a glimpse of an ODST feeling. There are so many things that just feel off, like an former Spartan-II who have a daughter but is really bad at fighting and is kind of a normal human size big? Do 343i really want Spartan-IIs to not be that emotionless supersoldiers anymore? That strange narration about Soldiers are gods? And where did that cool broken Halo skybox go they used as promotion? And why do they think that explosion in the end will make that posion-element go away?

It feels like 343 bought an already done script by someone and they just copy-pasted Halo names in

Nightfall was trash and i learned nothing about Locke at all. I still dont know if i should like him or not.
Yeah, all that promotion that we get to know Locke and this mission made him who is he now... He's just a bland good guy in the whole thing. The Live action trailer made Locke way more interesting in just a minute than Nightfall in 1,5h

willow ve

Shit - I never even watched episode 2 of Nightfall. Totally forgot this was even a thing. Can't speak for the remainder of the "season" but based on the first episode it wasn't anywhere near Forward Unto Dawn.

Impala26

I still laugh at the tought of introducing a New alien race like it was nothing in Nightfall.

LOL
"You got some Mass Effect in my Halo"

Fuck Halo

You always get chatterwhite. If you didn't get anything else you got fucked. Imagine going through that like 7 straight weeks after launch. That's why I quit Destiny. Bad game.

Oh the salt...
You should totally play with us sometime. I got jack shit as well this last VoG raid, but it was fun as hell because of the group. :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Are you guys on x1? I've been trying to raid, with no luck. I'd love to at least be an alternate (assuming the 6 are set)

Impala26

Are you guys on x1? I've been trying to raid, with no luck. I'd love to at least be an alternate (assuming the 6 are set)

Was about to make some snide remark about how this is Halo thread, so obviously we'd all be Xbox, but then I remembered some GAFers double-dipped with PS4 so I thought better of it.

But yeah, we're all on XB1. Homeboyd, Blue Ninja, Tawpgun, Daedalius and others are as well. Though I don't know about Ghazi and The Odd One.

Top Bottom