• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Are you guys on x1? I've been trying to raid, with no luck. I'd love to at least be an alternate (assuming the 6 are set)

I'm almost always down to raid and I'd love to help out anyone on xbox one. GT: Mr Greencastle

Feel free to add me, I can help with Nightfalls, Weeklies, VoG nm/hm, Crota nm/hm (will volunteer as swordbearer, if needed), or even Crucible/Iron Banner.

Tawpgun

Was about to make some snide remark about how this is Halo thread, so obviously we'd all be Xbox, but then I remembered some GAFers double-dipped with PS4 so I thought better of it.

But yeah, we're all on XB1. Homeboyd, Blue Ninja, Tawpgun, Daedalius and others are as well. Though I don't know about Ghazi and The Odd One.

Literally just ask Homeboyd. Dude lives on Destiny and raids like 10 times a week despite the fact that he has basically all of the loot and exotics and armor already.

Just let him explain to you how content packed Destiny is.

Literally just ask Homeboyd. Dude lives on Destiny and raids like 10 times a week despite the fact that he has basically all of the loot and exotics and armor already.

Just let him explain to you how content packed Destiny is.

Yeah, I don't see how people do that. I'm lvl 32 with every exotic I want and I don't really log in anymore. I love the gunplay, but Destiny is really lacking content atm. I'm just waiting for HoW to drop, then my addiction can start again!

willow ve

Yeah, I don't see how people do that. I'm lvl 32 with every exotic I want and I don't really log in anymore. I love the gunplay, but Destiny is really lacking content atm. I'm just waiting for HoW to drop, then my addiction can start again!
Lacking content yet you probably logged 1000 hours leveling characters, weapons, and armor.

I just find it funny (not necessarily your post per say) when gamers say things like "I have nothing left to do in X game" - no shit, you played 1000+ hours in a $60 environment.

IHaveIce

Banned
Was about to make some snide remark about how this is Halo thread, so obviously we'd all be Xbox, but then I remembered some GAFers double-dipped with PS4 so I thought better of it.

But yeah, we're all on XB1. Homeboyd, Blue Ninja, Tawpgun, Daedalius and others are as well. Though I don't know about Ghazi and The Odd One.
Odd One and Ghazi are Xboners aswell.
Normally Odd One is my tuesday bro

jelly

Yep, i hope the Steven Spielberg thing this year (is it still coming btw?) is good and near or beyond FuD Quality.

Nightfall was trash and i learned nothing about Locke at all. I still dont know if i should like him or not.

I don't think that Spielberg backed Halo series is going anywhere unless they are running the tightest ship in the world, there is absolutely nothing so far, probably dead. I also wouldn't get hyped with Spielberg who attaches his name to all sorts as producer, like many others do. Ridley Scott, executive producer for Nightfall.

Lacking content yet you probably logged 1000 hours leveling characters, weapons, and armor.

I just find it funny (not necessarily your post per say) when gamers say things like "I have nothing left to do in X game" - no shit, you played 1000+ hours in a $60 environment.

Destiny is pretty much the exact game I wanted Halo to become from a "PvE" standpoint after playing ODST Firefight and Vidmasters. Spartan Ops done right if you will.

We've all played 100s of hours of Halo mp over the years, yet the campaigns are played a few times and that's that, aside from the speed runners or hardcore sp fans. Bungie found a way to make bite-sized missions fun and replayable with a much wider variety of toys and abilities than Halo has ever had. It made the co-op stuff as fun as the multiplayer is in Halo games to me.

Destiny levels are like Mario Kart stages to me, endlessly replayable for all time. I can easily see myself running through the "old content" years from now with a Fireteam. And the more they add to it over time (such as new weapons, classes, etc) will only make it age better I feel. The only downside to it is that there just isn't enough of those levels... yet.

That's why I like it. Halo co-op/sp can learn a lot from that game (aside from how to tell a story, obviously).

Impala26

Destiny is pretty much the exact game I wanted Halo to become from a "PvE" standpoint after playing ODST Firefight and Vidmasters. Spartan Ops done right if you will.

We've all played 100s of hours of Halo mp over the years, yet the campaigns are played a few times and that's that, aside from the speed runners or hardcore sp fans. Bungie found a way to make bite-sized missions fun and replayable with a much wider variety of toys and abilities than Halo has ever had. It made the co-op stuff as fun as the multiplayer is in Halo games to me.

Destiny levels are like Mario Kart stages to me, endlessly replayable for all time. I can easily see myself running through the "old content" years from now with a Fireteam. And the more they add to it over time (such as new weapons, classes, etc) will only make it age better I feel. The only downside to it is that there just isn't enough of those levels... yet.

That's why I like it. Halo co-op/sp can learn a lot from that game (aside from how to tell a story, obviously).

Eh, that's a bit of a stretch, Destiny's PvE has held my attention in a way that Halo never has, at least in terms of replayability. Destiny's "story" needs a ton of work though. Most of my feelings for Destiny probably stems from the quest for the next shiny toy, so to that end, 343 could take away something that for Spartan Ops/Firefight v2.0.

Now when we're talking PvP, holy hell... Crucible truly is the evolution of Halo Reach--in the most batshit crazy random sense ever. I will need Halo 5 for my PvP fix for sure.

I'm just a sucker for loot based games. I love MMOs, RPGs, and just loot games in general (Diablo and Borderlands). So Destiny is the perfect fit for me. It has amazing gunplay, loot, and the lore seems to be interesting if they actually expand on it.

daedalius

Its like, I want to play Destiny, sort of... and level up the crap I have to do Crota... but then I have all these other games. And the grind to level shit is just way too real.

I don't feel like the missions live up to Halo mission quality very well, if every mission was like the Ark or the Covenant, I'd be all over that shit more often. Also the story is a hacked together mess; which is actually kind of an important thing to me.

And like Impala said, Crucible is a cluster of fucks. Supers, dudes zipping around with shotguns, 9 different grenades, Gjallerhorn, etc etc. Its basically COD.

Impala26

And like Impala said, Crucible is a cluster of fucks. Supers, dudes zipping around with shotguns, 9 different grenades, Gjallerhorn, etc etc. Its basically COD.

No dude, you have it all wrong...

It's CoD in SPACE... with SPACE MAGIC!

I still have a ton of fun with it though, especially the PvE stuff and the raids.

For the love of god 343 turn on true skill PLEASE

Thu_Apr_2_10-51-16_CDT_2015.png
It was 3 plots....and we got spawn locked, and yes we got decimated and I'm 70% sure I'm going to end up on one of those guys' twitch highlight reel.

Quitting because you're losing is dumb.

Quitting because the developers make you play poo game types in decade year old Halo games is sending a message to 343 to fix their bs. Like... we already know the fixes for most of this stuff, why am I getting SMG starts on Containment? AR starts on vanilla Guardian that has like 6 maulers and a flare? Epitaph instead of Epilogue. Get out of here with that lazy ass crap.

Quitting is a perfectly viable response.

343 can look and see... hmmm an unusually high number are quitting out these games on these maps. Why? Oh I see, because we spent 3 seconds putting broken unbalanced games and maps into a playlist in games that fixed those issues YEARS ago. Why should we have to go back to square one every damn time and relearn all those lessons...

Man, Halo 2 Anniversary is pretty good looking. On the Regret level and I really don't remember playing through it, but the lighting and atmosphere underwater is amazing

Welfare

Hot off last nights play session
Sent to me and my friend lmao

It's not the "fucking losers" that ruined Halo, JUST REAL GOOD. It's 343 for not getting rid of the shit gametypes in matchmaking. Blame is solely on them.

And hey, while they're in matchmaking, it gives me time to clear my backlog :D

Obscured

I'm on Destiny also, lvl 32s with a G-horn and I'd run Nightfalls, Strikes, either raid (not that I need it, but in all the times I've run VOG I've only recieved boots for my titan). I can run the sword, but I'm only so-so at it. I have a few here on my friends list but I am sometimes on at weird times (like right now).

There is a typical group I run with, but I'm always up for doing it again.

GT: Mouroutaru

Also Neverwinter is addicting. Thought I'd be turned off by the visuals, but that hasn't been the case. I keep playing just a little longer than I mean to.

Also Halo. SMG starts exist to make AR starts feel reasonable.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This is off topic, but y'all should download Neverwinter, it's pretty fun.

I'm on there as a Cleric. Have only played ~10 mins so far though because school.

If I'm online and playing, shoot me an invite.

The combat seems really nicely suited for console play too. Hopefully ESO is along the same lines and the console versions are good.
i need elder scrolls on my One, desperately

Tawpgun

does anyone not like gaurdian?

what improvements could there be?

Initial spawns on guardian are so trash. Elbow spawn gets OS guaranteed and has a very good shot at getting camo also. Bungie never fixed this...

Map needs more BRs also

And fuck that visceral. I'm quitting if I get something shitty like SMG on Zanzibar. Statement to 343. Fix the gametype map combos and you fix the quitting issue

You're part of the problem.
quitting anytime is the problem

I did it a few times yesterday for the same reason, and once because of lag.

I'm part of the problem.
Bruhh, you ain't part of the problem. Making others quit is a true talent, an art form, if you will. The way you made those people quit out of our games.. Magnificent. The way 343 makes us quit though by terrible Matchmaking settings.. Torture.

BONUS CLIPS:
#ScrubsDon'tUseIt,GoodPlayersAbuseIt,NoMotionTracker
VisceralPwn

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So this email I just got from Xbox... a bit wrong.

• Your most-played game last month
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
• Hours-spent playing multiplayer games last month

That's like... 51 days of game time in the last month? Oh Xbox.

daedalius

I would totally want to stop by 343 and check out the studio if I was in Seattle. But if I knew they wouldn't let me in, I probably wouldn't go.

Top Bottom