• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Welfare

Why i run Stealth and Camo in 60% of my H4 classes...

PV, Camo, Speed/Damage boost could've just been plain map pick-ups instead of ordinance and loadout abilities

I'm actually excited to see what new power ups are in Halo 5.

We already know OS is in. I think Camo and Speed boost are locked. Damage boost and ProVis would be good additions as well. Maybe a little wrench can improve your Spartan abilities for a bit. Springs that can give you a better jump height. Something.

Bring new shit in.

Nowise10

I'm actually excited to see what new power ups are in Halo 5.

We already know OS is in. I think Camo and Speed boost are locked. Damage boost and ProVis would be good additions as well. Maybe a little wrench can improve your Spartan abilities for a bit. Springs that can give you a better jump height. Something.

Bring new shit in.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. If it isn't, well, I don't agree with it in the slightest.

Madness

Just want to mention that I don't get the fascination with a custom games browser. I hate browsing for a server or room because you waste time looking for a good ping and then the people you end up playing with may not want to play what you want to play or they're asses. I'll take matchmaking every time just avoid that hassle.

It's in addition to matchmaking. The current playlists are hardly representative of what we want to play. Sure customs games browser will impact matchmaking, but no more than party joining, customs impacted it in the past. It can even be separate from matchmaking. But imagine having toggles and/or searching by names, maps, gametypes. If you only want to play CTF on a certain map, or say you're testing out a new map for Forge, you tell your friends to search for #Onyx2 etc. Or if we have people here, we put #HaloGAF as we set up customs, and those of us can search and see that so and so is playing and join in. Obviously with customs having dedicated servers, allowing for region server selection, I'm sure any available customs games would prioritize low ping or closed location etc.

rrc1594

All I know is that Zombies better be able to drive and hold weapons in H5. I mean WTF 343 you killed so many customs with that shit.

Ampoc

Neo Member
Okay. I've read Goosebumps novel that are more haunting than this episode lol

Goosebumps are traumatizing to me as a child. I hated seeing the covers of the novels in my schools library and when the show would play the theme song always made me shit my pants and leave the room immediately.

Madness

Goosebumps are traumatizing to me as a child. I hated seeing the covers of the novels in my schools library and when the show would play the theme song always made me shit my pants and leave the room immediately.

Looks like you should've read this book instead.

leWvTn1.jpg

atomoso

Neo Member
A friend of mine have asked me if I could post this for him, as he has no account.

" Ideas for alternative options for multiplayer announcers:

There are threads in Halowaypoint forums and also on Reddit

First of all the voice of the multiplayer announcer in all Halo games (Jeff Steitzer) is very unique and it is one of the most recognisable in the industry. I like his work in Halo 5, and that 'Perrrrrfect' medal never gets old.

It will be great though, if 343 find the time and resources to give us the option to choose different announcers in multiplayer.
For example - Master Chief, Sergeant Johnson and others. I would love to hear Cortana or the Arbiter saying 'Double Kill', 'Perfect' or agent Locke and maybe some of the other enemies.

You can make those alternative multiplayer announcers unlockable trough certain means (achievements or rank) or add them via free updates over time. After all they want us to play that game a lot and I think this will be a nice fresh addition to the experience.

I'm even willing to pay for them $1 or $2 which leads me to an idea about monetising the game after launch. Make all future map packs free, and charge only for cosmetic stuff like alternative announcers weapon skins etc. This will not split the community by "who has the maps and who doesn't", and new and fresh stuff could be added without affecting the core gameplay.

If you like or dislike this idea please comment. If you really, really like it you can spam a little bit 343 by tweeting the link to this post to @Halo @franklez @JoshingtonState @PlutonForEver @Brav @XboxP3

Thank you! "

Tawpgun

Cosmetic microtransactions are the way to go but it seems 343/ms likes making less money while segmenting the population with map packs

Hope they prove me wrong. Come on Frankie I know you want that summer house where it isn't cloudy and rainy all the time

Madness

I'm okay with them monetizing something that wasn't previously monetized, if it meant maps would go free. But this is Microsoft. Rather than make maps free and offset the costs somewhere else, they'd rather keep the map pack situation the same, whilst monetizing something else like weapon skins/sights and dude-bro poses at the end etc.

willow ve

I'm okay with them monetizing something that wasn't previously monetized, if it meant maps would go free. But this is Microsoft. Rather than make maps free and offset the costs somewhere else, they'd rather keep the map pack situation the same, whilst monetizing something else like weapon skins/sights and dude-bro poses at the end etc.

Yeah - paid DLC for Halo games seems dead now. In 4 it was embarrassing how little the DLC maps ever came up in rotation (and then wouldn't get voted for anyway). I think I saw the Pit remake a total of 2 times in matchmaking.

Karl2177

Yeah - paid DLC for Halo games seems dead now. In 4 it was embarrassing how little the DLC maps ever came up in rotation (and then wouldn't get voted for anyway). I think I saw the Pit remake a total of 2 times in matchmaking.

I played some Halo 4 city map the other day. It was kinda cool. I think it would have worked better in Halo 2/3, but w/e.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell did green get banned?

Where will get all my lore?!
I'm not entirely sure, but I have a hunch he and Monkey got banned for talking about modding Halo Online. I don't know much about PC gaming / modding, but I know GAF can be pretty zealous with what they consider piracy, and supporting piracy on here is often times bannable. So we should all tread carefully.

AlStrong

A friend of mine have asked me if I could post this for him, as he has no account.

" Ideas for alternative options for multiplayer announcers:

*snip*

If you like or dislike this idea please comment. If you really, really like it you can spam a little bit 343 by tweeting the link to this post to @Halo @franklez @JoshingtonState @PlutonForEver @Brav @XboxP3

Thank you! "

Fun minds think alike. It seems like a no-brainer (especially given Reach Firefight voices), but I've never got any response from Stinkles about it. :(

Looking back at Reach, basically all the customizations they had could be monetized.

Fuchsdh

Fun minds think alike. It seems like a no-brainer (especially given Reach Firefight voices), but I've never got any response from Stinkles about it. :(

Looking back at Reach, basically all the customizations they had could be monetized.

I think based on what we saw for Halo 4 DLC it's possible we might see free maps and pay weapon skins, items, armor, et al instead. Neither system bothers me but from a pragmatic standpoint there's no really good way to get people to all have the DLC maps—even if you aggressively bundled and discounted it, which MS is loathe to do... people just don't go for it. Hell they don't go for it *free*.

Special multiplayer or FF voices would be a really cool element of personalization (it was definitely a highlight from Reach FF.)

(Which reminds me–free DLC needs to be forcibly downloaded just like other game updates in the future.)

FyreWulff

(Which reminds me–free DLC needs to be forcibly downloaded just like other game updates in the future.)

This was an actual problem with Forge Island. Map submissions had to lean towards Impact because free + HDD required anyway and yet somehow people still wouldn't download a free map.

They should have required Forge Island to enter every single playlist. Same thing they did to H2 when the maps were all free, every playlist required all of the DLC to get people to download the maps.

At this point though, yes, if developers continue to insist on shipping maps as actual content, free maps need to at least just be patched directly into the game. I'm imagining this is how Relic is going to be added to the MCC.

Fuchsdh

This was an actual problem with Forge Island. Map submissions had to lean towards Impact because free + HDD required anyway and yet somehow people still wouldn't download a free map.

They should have required Forge Island to enter every single playlist. Same thing they did to H2 when the maps were all free, every playlist required all of the DLC to get people to download the maps.

At this point though, yes, if developers continue to insist on shipping maps as actual content, free maps need to at least just be patched directly into the game. I'm imagining this is how Relic is going to be added to the MCC.

Yep, Forge Island was specifically what I was thinking of. Always was a pain during Customs Nights here and on HBO when people still hadn't downloaded it. Making it mandatory for matchmaking seems like it's treating the problem further down the chain than it needs to be in this age of practically-always-on consoles though.

FyreWulff

Yep, Forge Island was specifically what I was thinking of. Always was a pain during Customs Nights here and on HBO when people still hadn't downloaded it. Making it mandatory for matchmaking seems like it's treating the problem further down the chain than it needs to be in this age of practically-always-on consoles though.

Well, since H4 had the unlimited patch sizes they could have just patched the map in, but I imagine they were just used to the "maps are content offers" tradition of the 360 at that point in time.

Bungie also implemented tech in Reach that would show you DLC maps in the map list for customs that you didn't own yet to notify people the maps existed, but that didn't seem to do very much.

I fully expect most future games to just patch all DLC into the base game and anything paid is just an unlock key, really.

edit: they sorta did it with the Halo 4 paid armor DLC that came out after Forge Island. They had to do it that way to even have a point to buying DLC armor, though :p

people on waypoint have a massive hard on for the quit ban patch, I'm 80% sure that it's not going to solve any problems, and when that happens everyone is going to go back to flinging shit at 343.

What people should want is accurate skill matchmaking on stable servers, then move on to repeat suicide bans AND then quit bans.

Karl2177

people on waypoint have a massive hard on for the quit ban patch, I'm 80% sure that it's not going to solve any problems, and when that happens everyone is going to go back to flinging shit at 343.

What people should want is accurate skill matchmaking on stable servers, then move on to repeat suicide bans AND then quit bans.

I'll still quit when I see Halo 4 in BTB. Didn't Bravo say there would be matchmaking controls so I would get my favorite games in my favorite lists?

I'll still quit when I see Halo 4 in BTB. Didn't Bravo say there would be matchmaking controls so I would get my favorite games in my favorite lists?

beats me, I do remember something similar being said at the xbox one reveal though...

dafuq happened to my personalized matchmaking microsoft :c

JackHerer

They really need to fix the underlying problems that cause so many people to quit with the MCC before they patch in any penalties.

Tawpgun

They really need to fix the underlying problems that cause so many people to quit with the MCC before they patch in any penalties.
Yep.

Penalized for Qutting btb ar starts/ar start objective/spawn fucked in launch version narrows/winning team hiding in pit attic?

I'll quit when I DON'T get halo 4 in BTB.

I don't actually do that, but I'm very tempted when 3 comes up.

H4 BTB over Halo 3 BTB?
Gwtvj03.png

Did they officially announce BR starts for Halo 3 being fixed or did they just quietly roll it out? Played some Halo 3 yesterday and never had AR starts in any of the games I was in.

Played in the H3 playlist and BTB. Both had BR starts.

Tawpgun

Did they officially announce BR starts for Halo 3 being fixed or did they just quietly roll it out? Played some Halo 3 yesterday and never had AR starts in any of the games I was in.

Played in the H3 playlist and BTB. Both had BR starts.
Btb assault and h3 4v4 objective is ar

Otherwise vote for team brs

AlStrong

So.... basically they just need a bunch of filter checkboxes to toggle which gametypes you want/never want to see.

christ, that H4 AR. Why do people still insist on buffing the AR (or are they just saying so just to spite BR purists)

Thing chews people up like gum.

honestly if it wasn't for radar it'd be more than enough to compete with the precision weapons

Tawpgun

Ya, dat non-hitscan BR, makes BTB SO GUD.

Such movement speed
very running all the time
wow
Non hitscan br = not getting 5 shotted from across the map

It's btb if you wanna hurry somewhere grab a goose. Otherwise just go at the same speec as everyone else fuck sprint.

How do you prefer spawning with stickies and plasma pistols ew

H2 and h3 btb was the last time I had fun playing btb

singhr1

christ, that H4 AR. Why do people still insist on buffing the AR (or are they just saying so just to spite BR purists)

Thing chews people up like gum.

honestly if it wasn't for radar it'd be more than enough to compete with the precision weapons

That's the point. Automatics should be able to beat precision weapons at close range. The argument is so each weapon has a place in the Halo weapon sandbox. Every weapon is a viable option at some point. The mastering more difficult weapons, however, should benefit the user.

Its the same reason why the needler in Halo 4 is a semi-power weapon or the light rifle in H5 is a viable weapon pickup even in BR starts.

Top Bottom