• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, the nades in H2A are a bit much. Rifle fights don't even matter really, just comes down to who spams the most nades.

Nades, Melees are way too much in nowadays Halo imo. You are right.

Also on the trailer, if campaign would be this fast paced it would be kind of interesting.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Oh I know

But I'm questioning whether I like Palmer more now

Halp me

tumblr_inline_nmpp8gaS8g1sdelso_540.png

hqdefault.jpg

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The Halo Waypoint threads comparing Star Wars Battlefront to Halo 5....now this is funny.

I didn't think it would go there...but anything is possible with Waypoint folks right?

Tawpgun

What in gods name.

In that trailer Locke uses some kind of vision thing that's got me worried. But he also moves like some fuckin platinum games joint.

That was insane.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
What in gods name.

In that trailer Locke uses some kind of vision thing that's got me worried. But he also moves like some fuckin platinum games joint.

That was insane.

A Platinum Games Halo 3rd person action adventure would be a thing of true beauty. Makes too much sense though.

jem0208

Some people really will find anything to complain about.

Apparently, the sound in the trailer is "symptomatic of the overall degradation of Halo's identity"

I mean wtf are you talking about.

Some people really will find anything to complain about.

Apparently, the sound in the trailer is "symptomatic of the overall degradation of Halo's identity"

I mean wtf are you talking about.

Still sound like "metal crashing each other" sound from Halo 4, really dont like it in Covenant weapons but that sound was in everything.

What in gods name.

That was insane.

We need a game like this, for real. 343i can experiment it with Locke (or Palmer) in a spinoff game without affecting the main Halo timeline.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm all for new mobility options in Halo. I've always said Titanfall would be GOAT if it had Halo style gunplay.

If I could wallrun, jump, sprint and thrust all combined with shields and then health (aka halo's health system) I don't think it would be fun. you would be alive way too long

Computer

That trailer has a lot of strange transitions. What dose the first pelican being shot down have to do with anything? It cuts from that to lock jumping out of a pelican. Seams like a short version of a longer trailer.

Ramirez

Ground pound is still unnecessary IMO, but the trailer was cool.

Why? Unlike the shit in Halo 4 it at least has a real risk/reward attached to it.

Trailer was pretty awesome, but I doubt the actual game combat will be that fast, I'd love to be wrong though. The campaigns needs shook up in a bad way. Strange that they always wanna do that to the MP, but the campaigns stay exactly the same over 6 games.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why? Unlike the shit in Halo 4 it at least has a real risk/reward attached to it.

Trailer was pretty awesome, but I doubt the actual game combat will be that fast, I'd love to be wrong though. The campaigns needs shook up in a bad way. Strange that they always wanna do that to the MP, but the campaigns stay exactly the same over 6 games.

Risk/reward yeah, I just rarely saw it actually used, and even more rare were kills with it. Might be fun in BTB doing it out of a Banshee or something, but I just didn't really see a need for it. It doesn't bother me that it's in, I just could live without it.

The CG/NotCG argument in the Gamingside thread is pretty amazing. Like, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but the sheer certainty some people are bringing to it is impressive.

Obscured

Environmental destruction confirmed!

That was cool, but it'd be tough to take it as anything other than a hype video (and that jackals still look like lizards).

I really want to punch through walls though.

That trailer has a lot of strange transitions. What dose the first pelican being shot down have to do with anything? It cuts from that to lock jumping out of a pelican. Seams like a short version of a longer trailer.

Definitely has that feel. Would have worked better to show two pelicans and the first being shot down and Locke coming from the second to help any survivors.

The voiceover besides being not a great fit tonewise (but isn't that the typical Gamespot voice?) also content wise doesn't really fit. Nowhere in it is Locke 'prey' and the closest would be the end when covenant troops are ascending the hill toward him.

Catching up with the Hunt the Truth stuff. I am actually really enjoying this.

Computer

So MCC update this week. Any idea what day that will drop? I about to be on spring break and would love to go for that 50. I know ranks are broken right now but I am a 33. Whats everyone's rank?

If someone doesn't know that it is CG, then they have some problems they need to work out.

Hey man, I thought Halo 4's cut scenes were CG when I first saw them. Turns out they're real-time. I could see that being prerendered but in-engine, with real game assets.

I'm not gonna be making any bets on it, mind you, but I think there's enough uncertainty to make the diehards sound kinda foolish.

Ramirez

Risk/reward yeah, I just rarely saw it actually used, and even more rare were kills with it. Might be fun in BTB doing it out of a Banshee or something, but I just didn't really see a need for it. It doesn't bother me that it's in, I just could live without it.

Just because you didn't use it or see it used doesn't mean it's not needed. It was great for traversal, as well as surprise kills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8pH8M15NE&t=1m34s

Love that GP kill, would post more, but Xbox Clips won't work. I have one of a teammate getting chased at the lift on Truth, and as he comes up the lift he activates GP and smashes the guy chasing him. GP & hover specifically added so much to the game I thought, if you were smart about when you used them.

RowdyReverb

We really shouldn't be using the term CG at all anymore. At this point it's all computer generated. :p
This is bugging me too. I think saying pre-rendered instead might help some of the confusion.
The debate is pre-rendered vs. real time and not live action vs. CGI, I assume? Either could be in-engine, so that's not really descriptive either.

jem0208

This is bugging me too. I think saying pre-rendered instead might help some of the confusion.
The debate is pre-rendered vs. real time and not live action vs. CGI, I assume? Either could be in-engine, so that's not really descriptive either.

It's very clearly pre-rendered, I think the discussion was whether it was in-engine using in game assets or using some other software like whatever Blur uses.

Top Bottom