• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

I've done that twice in the beta. I was thoroughly outplayed in both, no shame.

Oh yeah, no shame in being beaten by people who are literally the best of the best at the game the odd time.

I'm just curious as to how Juices was placed Silver and Booties got bronze.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I had one on regret and I don't know where the fuck my team was. It sure as shit wasn't pushing the points.

i had a strongholds match on regret and every time the announcer called out rockets in 30 seconds, they would drop what they were doing, rush rocket spawn, and literally sit on it. super irritating seeing 3 teammates perched on the rocket platform for 20+ seconds to be the first to grab rockets
only to lose them nearly as fast. did i mention they were bad?

Tawpgun

So I guess Orion and Pegasus confirm you can change the position of the sun in forge?

Also someone get on to play with me.

Also I'm a semi pro watch out boys

Ramirez

Hint: they are bad.

eSIxWLH.jpg

VinFTW

So i'm making an alt this weekend, getting drunk, and donging all fucking day, will record many clips, if anybody wants to join, lmk

I don't know why I thought of this but for April Fool's Day I really hope 343i makes a Spartan Ability trailer for Armor Lock. Or better yet, leaks some fake off-screen pictures to Gaf.

Moa

Does anyone happen to have the list of devs which worked on MCC? I'm thinking it was posted on GAF a while ago but I can't remember who, where or when.

Madness

Why can't they boot AFK'ers right away? It's 2015 now, I'd rather play one man down than have some shitbird just idling giving the other team kills.

That's not a list of every company that worked on the game. Missing the likes of Ruffian Games.

Kudos for being a smart ass though.

Did you even read it?

wrZSWw3.png

Also has Bungie, Saber, 343, Certain Affinity, UFG, Fireteam, Experis, Lionbridge and probably more.

VinFTW

Yeah man, quitters in this game, more than anything makes me want to:

tumblr_mimmnekkuk1rmtenjo4_500.gif

It's really about time something is done about quitters and for those who's teammates quit on them and they don't want to quit because of the penalty (therefore wasting time). Forfeit option should help and a MM penalty should be put in.

Can't play till the game is over (or even worse, 30 min penalty for quitting) and it gives you the option to rejoin and finish the game while you wait.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

tumblr_mimmnekkuk1rmtenjo4_500.gif

It's really about time something is done about quitters and for those who's teammates quit on them and they don't want to quit because of the penalty (therefore wasting time). Forfeit option should help and a MM penalty should be put in.

Can't play till the game is over (or even worse, 30 min penalty for quitting) and it gives you the option to rejoin and finish the game while you wait.

Should be instant loss of points and you can't join a game again for the full length of that match made game (not how long the game they left lasts) Also those in the game have option of mercy rule.

Haruko

I'm on the home stretch to Gold 1 in slayer finally. Last two games had rating changes of +23 and +29, highest non-bugged changes I've seen. Being solo doesn't affect that, does it? Actually, I guess its just because most of my friends were placed in onyx+, most likely causing more cases where our team is "expected" to win

So I guess Orion and Pegasus confirm you can change the position of the sun in forge?

Also someone get on to play with me.

Also I'm a semi pro watch out boys
They are two different maps with identical geometry but different lighting set ups, foggy Pegasus basically confirms this.

Hoping for a night time setting.

Madness

Won 7 of 10 Breakout matches, last 3 matches actually had double digit kills, meaning more than 10, and over 3.0 KDA, get placed in Iron 3... Geez, this ranking system is a huge hit to the ego.

1 of the lost matches was even against pros and onyx level. Oh well, when you're rock bottom, only way left to go is up.

HTupolev

They are two different maps with identical geometry but different lighting set ups, foggy Pegasus basically confirm this.

Hoping for a night time setting.
What would be really good is if for Forge maps (which can't take advantage of fully-offline baked lighting anyway), they allow you to select time of day as a slider (or even give you full control over the location of the sun in the sky, not limited to locations on a single simple curve).

Haruko

1.14 7:00PM Update

The Halo 4 and Team Hardcore playlists are now available in Matchmaking. Team Hardcore currently includes Halo 2 Classic game types. Halo 3 tournament-approved game types will be integrated in a future update. Other fan favorite playlists are also in the works, including Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more – stay tuned for details regarding when these will become available as featured playlists. As always, playlists data and feedback will determine which playlists become permanent additions to the playlist lineup.

Our next content update is now targeting a late weekend release in order to conduct additional testing. This content update will include improvements to UI, Matchmaking, game-specific multiplayer items, controls, and more. We’ll continue to post updates via this thread, and provide full patch notes once the update has cleared the certification process.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...on/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

Any chance anyone knows how to get a refund from 343i because a MS rep told me via chat that's what I had to do. MS aren't taking care of halo MCC refunds anymore.

RowdyReverb

Special rules if I'm playing 2v4 because of other quitters? Sometimes it's not even close to fun to stick around and try to beat the odds, especially in objective games.

VinFTW

Special rules if I'm playing 2v4 because of other quitters? Sometimes it's not even close to fun to stick around and try to beat the odds, especially in objective games.

Yeah, hence a forfeit option would be nice. Forfeit to not waste the other teams time and stick around JUST to avoid the quitters penalty and you get reduced points for a loss. Only available if 2 or more people quit.

Madness

Legendary Slayer BR's in Halo 4 is great. But damn, clamber has ruined the past games for me. Now I keep trying to stand on boxes and try and grab ledges.

-Ryn

Banned
http://xboxclips.com/Thorn+Harvestar/01047bdb-5ef7-4a4e-9c8e-dc56575343ae

Finished 17-9 but sadly this comeback attempt was ultimately too late. Pegasus is growing on me a little.

Was gonna submit this for Sik's montage, but watching it afterwards doesn't feel as impressive as it did in the moment. Blargg
The kills after that first assist were pretty cool.

I definitely know what you mean though. Sometimes (especially in objective games) you get super caught up in the moment which makes it feel so much cooler.

I've been goofing off more now.

You can Spartan Charge teammates to their death on Orion. This guy wasn't moving so I had no qualms when my Charge ended up bumping him to his death.
I spent some time thinking above moving AFKers around the map with Charge, ideally to push them into cover.
http://xboxclips.com/finalknight92/8473fe68-453f-474e-b28b-be2e189dba90

I got a medal called "Spray and Pray"
I got a kill while firing my AR.
http://xboxclips.com/finalknight92/c3b71468-8016-4a40-9078-0a1cb3ecc65f

Nowise10

So is Halo in an even bigger recession now, before Halo:MCC Launch and Halo 5 beta?

Because in the 90 matches of Halo 5 I've played, I've recognized about 20 peoples gamertags from various Halo communities, even some people from here. In MCC, I'm starting to remember peoples gamertags because I played with them before hours/days prior. Then my friend and I wanted to play FFA together, but can't because it is ranked, so we just searched solo, and for all 10 matches we played, we matched up together.

Everything I just listed would be extremely hard to do in past Halo games.

So I was spectating mastrbiggy & crew earlier. The game became a blowout pretty fast so I decided to see what it looked like from the other side. Ladies and gentlemen, I present "Bronze/Silver v. Semi-pro/Pro".

See if you can figure out what's going wrong for them..........

http://xboxclips.com/YourExWife+ohhh/1cbc5e56-66f1-41c0-bc1a-bbf488ece192

The entire thing made me just sad.

No awareness. Ignore radar. Sprint first, shoot later. Ignore dudes right in front of you. Ignore team deaths. Etc...

Booshka

So I was spectating mastrbiggy & crew earlier. The game became a blowout pretty fast so I decided to see what it looked like from the other side. Ladies and gentlemen, I present "Bronze/Silver v. Semi-pro/Pro".

No awareness. Ignore radar. Sprint first, shoot later. Ignore dudes right in front of you. Ignore team deaths. Etc...

That guy literally killed himself with Sprint multiple times, if he would have just jogged off spawn and assessed the situation, he would have survived longer and possibly got some shots in. It's sad what having a Sprint button does to the noobs in Shooters, they just want to move fast, doesn't matter where they are moving, or what they are doing, just that they are going fast.

That being said, his 60 dollars means just as much as yours to Microsoft, so ya, gotta cater to that dude.

Was planning on doing this too. It's not fair, these players think they need radar but don't understand how it's like giving professional baseball players metal bats when playing against little leaguers.

Metal bats in a pro game would probably equate to a lot of walks to avoid deaths, turning the game into a snoozefest. Seems like an apt comparison.

-Ryn

Banned
I've been goofing off more now.

You can Spartan Charge teammates to their death on Orion. This guy wasn't moving so I had no qualms when my Charge ended up bumping him to his death.
I spent some time thinking above moving AFKers around the map with Charge, ideally to push them into cover.
http://xboxclips.com/finalknight92/8473fe68-453f-474e-b28b-be2e189dba90
I was expecting him to go flying off into the horizon, Team Rocket style. Was still funny though.

That was physically painful to watch...

That guy literally killed himself with Sprint multiple times, if he would have just jogged off spawn and assessed the situation, he would have survived longer and possibly got some shots in. It's sad what having a Sprint button does to the noobs in Shooters, they just want to move fast, doesn't matter where they are moving, or what they are doing, just that they are going fast.

That being said, his 60 dollars means just as much as yours to Microsoft, so ya, gotta cater to that dude.
Now the question is, will he learn to use it properly with the rest of the tools in his arsenal?

Maybe

Chitown B

wtf did I just watch?

Top Bottom