• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

co-signed.

There is zero reason to make a dissenting opinion about video games into a personal invective.

On the other hand, saying Galactus is better as a cloud is bullshit.

Hey Frankie. Care to comment on why 4 player split screen is being removed from Halo 5? It's been there since Halo CE...split screen gaming WAS THE ONLY multiplayer before Xbox Live.

Microsoft really needs to fix their goddamn party chat. The amount of times that I've joined parties yet nobody is able to hear me is far too numerous. Party chat is fucked. Halo 5 matchmaking is fucked. Halo MCC matchmaking is fucked. Playing multiplayer on the Xbox One is the most frustrating experience.

I'd certainly be more favorable of Halo 5 if the most goddamn basic features on this console functioned properly.

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah, that was my guess.
And yeah, Gunpunch, no idea on that one. Rare medal too.
For some reason this made me imagine some kind of mini game where medals turn into trading cards and you can vs people as you wait for games and what not. You'd be able to build your deck as you got more medals and there'd be a limit so you needed to be strategic or something...

Madness

So I was spectating mastrbiggy & crew earlier. The game became a blowout pretty fast so I decided to see what it looked like from the other side. Ladies and gentlemen, I present "Bronze/Silver v. Semi-pro/Pro".

See if you can figure out what's going wrong for them..........

http://xboxclips.com/YourExWife+ohhh/1cbc5e56-66f1-41c0-bc1a-bbf488ece192

The entire thing made me just sad.

No awareness. Ignore radar. Sprint first, shoot later. Ignore dudes right in front of you. Ignore team deaths. Etc...

Now imagine 2 of those kinds of players on your team, how can anyone rank up? I kind of want to play against pro/semi-pro, see how I'd stack up.

Ramirez

I think Gun Punch is probably just enough shots to trigger a kill by beat down after you've shot them 2-3 times or whatever.

Microsoft really needs to fix their goddamn party chat. The amount of times that I've joined parties yet nobody is able to hear me is far too numerous. Party chat is fucked. Halo 5 matchmaking is fucked. Halo MCC matchmaking is fucked. Playing multiplayer on the Xbox One is the most frustrating experience.

I'd certainly be more favorable of Halo 5 if the most goddamn basic features on this console functioned properly.
The hell with party chat, I just use Skype with my Blue Yeti.

Party chat is eternally boned.

RSB

Banned
Personally, I'm still holding out hope for a toggle. It doesn't seem all that far fetched.
Same. Adding a classic scope option shouldn't be that hard. I mean, it's just a circle in the middle of the screen, LOL.

Booshka

Hey Frankie. Care to comment on why 4 player split screen is being removed from Halo 5? It's been there since Halo CE...split screen gaming WAS THE ONLY multiplayer before Xbox Live.

Next gen consoles are underpowered, CPU's are weaksauce. But, consumers still expect great visuals and now 1080p/60FPS. 4 player spitscreen is impossible on these consoles, unless they go super bare bones on the visuals and all 4 play at 30 FPS.

Impala26

I think Gun Punch is probably just enough shots to trigger a kill by beat down after you've shot them 2-3 times or whatever.

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out what differentiates it from a standard Melee medal. I've gotten it twice now and each time I was like, "huh...uh... okay then."

For some reason this made me imagine some kind of mini game where medals turn into trading cards and you can vs people as you wait for games and what not. You'd be able to build your deck as you got more medals and there'd be a limit so you needed to be strategic or something...

As a regular player of both Halo and Pokemon [NERD ALERT], I can't help but smile when reading this. Halo with COLLECTIBLES of some sort that are "shareable" is a yes in my book! XD

Kxrrupt

Neo Member
Of course Onyx 1 is closer to Gold 3 than Gold 3 is to Gold 1. I'm not sure why that should be surprising.

Iron 1, 2, 3
Bronze 1, 2, 3
Silver 1, 2, 3
Gold 1, 2, 3
Onyx 1, 2, 3
Semi-pro 1, 2, 3

It's essentially 18 ranks. Gold 1 is 10, Gold 3 is 12 and Onyx 1 is 13.

This makes me wonder, How about 343 scraps the 10 placement matches and have everyone start at Iron 1.

This would make the rank system so much more fun to run through, and also give you a challenge to reach the top rank, I managed to achieve a semi pro rank in the Beta but I didn't like how you could pretty much maintain the highest rank after just 10 games.

Overdoziz

Banned
So I was spectating mastrbiggy & crew earlier. The game became a blowout pretty fast so I decided to see what it looked like from the other side. Ladies and gentlemen, I present "Bronze/Silver v. Semi-pro/Pro".

See if you can figure out what's going wrong for them..........

http://xboxclips.com/YourExWife+ohhh/1cbc5e56-66f1-41c0-bc1a-bbf488ece192

The entire thing made me just sad.

No awareness. Ignore radar. Sprint first, shoot later. Ignore dudes right in front of you. Ignore team deaths. Etc...
Of course he ruined my perfection right before the end of the match. ;_;
It's weird, we got matched up against onyx, semi-pro and pro players the entire time, but then out of nowhere we get matched up against a team entirely made up of bronze players.

Impala26

This makes me wonder, How about 343 scraps the 10 placement matches and have everyone start at Iron 1.

This would make the rank system so much more fun to run through, and also give you a challenge to reach the top rank, I managed to achieve a semi pro rank in the Beta but I didn't like how you could pretty much maintain the highest rank after just 10 games.

The more I play the beta, the more I feel like this is the right way to go.

I see BKs and AFKs at Gold/Onyx and good, occasionally great players at Bronze/Iron.

So I decided to load up MCC, and play some H4 in the new playlist. I have to say, I really like H4. It just feels really smooth and great, plus I got to play all the dlc maps I never got to. Maybe I didn't give H4 a chance before, but I'm enjoying it now. Once they fix all the issues and add the ranking system, I think a majority of my time will be with H4, not even joking.

Havoc2049

I played a bunch of Halo 4 in MCC tonight as well. Good times!

Halo 4 Ground Pound...
http://xboxclips.com/MajorHavoc+2049

Hey Forerunner, you wouldn't happen to be the person in San Diego selling the Halo Legends posters on ebay are you? Like the one in your avatar? I kinda want them, but they are asking too much...lol.

-Ryn

Banned
Same. Adding a classic scope option shouldn't be that hard. I mean, it's just a circle in the middle of the screen, LOL.
I would actually be fine with them making the Scopes in MS Paint if it meant we could have Classic Scope.

As a regular player of both Halo and Pokemon [NERD ALERT], I can't help but smile when reading this. Halo with COLLECTIBLES of some sort that are "shareable" is a yes in my book! XD
lol it just sounded kind of... rad in my head.

For those that have asked, I will stop accepting Halo 5 clips 24 hours after the beta ends.

There have been a huge number of clips sent my way, some from HaloGAF regulars, some from more occasional posters/lurkers. More from the old guard please!

I'll aim to have it finished by the weekend after this one.

For those that have asked, I will stop accepting Halo 5 clips 24 hours after the beta ends.

There have been a huge number of clips sent my way, some from HaloGAF regulars, some from more occasional posters/lurkers. More from the old guard please!

Oh I have something for you alright.

Think body, think humping. I will PMs later.

RSB

Banned
I would actually be fine with them making the Scopes in MS Paint if it meant we could have Classic Scope.
Made with MS Paint? IDK, that's a pretty low bar, even for 343i. Oh well, I'm sure it would still look better than ADS.

IHaveIce

Banned

How skillfull must they be? Just wanna be part of the halogaf montage :(

How skillfull must they be? Just wanna be part of the halogaf montage :(

Send what you've got - I'm going to do my best to include at least one clip from everyone who sent one my way, be it blooper or skilled.

It's not just multikills, sticks, snapshots, airborne hover snipes, they're all good.

@Elzar - I didn't ask for this...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Other than power ups, which are coming, every single one of these is the case with 5.

You're right. However, starting weapons can highly dictate whether the game will be enjoyable or not. The main thing right now with the AR/BR start is that I personally don't feel powerless at any range to defend myself as soon as I spawn.

I've got an AR to immediately start shooting if happened to spawn close to someone, and then if I'm being spawn-watched (I hate the word camp) from a distance, I can immediately switch to my BR to return fire so I can get to a safe area to re-charge shields.

Last night I managed to play some matches on Orion, and damn, that's a great map, again, it's continuing the Quake-style map design, except this one is much more open and you need to not run carelessly around the map.

I love that there are three power weapons on this map, though instead of the Hyrda, I'd like to see rockets...but I think the point of the Hydra on such an open map is its lock-on ability, makes some sense.

The sunlight is blinding though, I hope they reduce this big time. It's starting to feel like Battlefield's sunlight...I don't think we need that in Halo...that "realism" of the environment effect.

I can't wait to see how powerups are going to play a role in Halo 5. I'm hoping it's like Quake and Halo CE where we have powerups placed near power weapons where we can combine the two, e.g., Rockets/Camo.

Sometimes I wish Halo's health system was like Quake, so we could have health pick ups on the map and megahealths.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
am i alone in having clamber issues with red and blue sneaky (i think thats the callout...) heading towards the turbine on empire? a large number of my clamber attempts leave my character kind of stuck in the geometry, not quite all the way up, and unable to walk forward unless i perform a jump. i suppose i should capture a video if it isnt affecting a lot of people to ensure 343 is aware of it (they gotta be)

Who knows. At least Halo 5 is till Monday. I hope to get a fun-filled weekend in of Halo 5, more Forge maps would be amazing!

They did say in the post where they said its delayed it will have matchmaking improvements. If I remember correctly previous posts actually DIDNT have that word in there and mostly mentioned UI.

For all i know itll be "various stability improvements" where like 3 people see improvement.

IHaveIce

Banned
Send what you've got - I'm going to do my best to include at least one clip from everyone who sent one my way, be it blooper or skilled.

It's not just multikills, sticks, snapshots, airborne hover snipes, they're all good.

Cool will send a pm later with some fun kills

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

whats your expected deadline? i'd like to contribute something, but will need to go through the clips i've made (which are few and far between) and may need to pull some magic outta my hat this weekend ;)

TTUVAPOR

Banned
They did say in the post where they said its delayed it will have matchmaking improvements. If I remember correctly previous posts actually DIDNT have that word in there and mostly mentioned UI.

For all i know itll be "various stability improvements" where like 3 people see improvement.

I'm just gonna go out on a hunch here, but 343 are most likely geuinely running frantic right now trying to fix MCC as fast as possible. To me, they're doing a better job than what DICE did with BF4. Also, silence is the best defense when it comes to public scrutiny. While Frank comes on here and chimes in once in a while, it's very difficult for them to give any kind of straight answers or insight on things because it's super easy for the interwebz to take what they say and then go balls to the walls calling it the holy gospel. "Yeah, but FRANK SAID!!!!!"

I am still pissed that MCC doesn't work 100% of the time with matchmaking. I'm pissed that we don't have ranked playlists across the board. But I also understand what they're going through, but at this point, there's not much we as fans can do other than vote with our wallets the next go around. That means, do not purchase DLC, do not pre-order, do not buy anything Halo-related until you as a consumer feel confident enough to do so.

We the gamers have no earthly clue how expansive the MCC issues are, and it would be dumb of 343 to unveil what the issues are until the game is 100% fixed. So, their silence is a good thing, not only for them, but in a way it's good for us, because if we knew the truth, if we knew everything, we would probably be angrier than we already are, and personally, I don't need more stress in my life, especially over video games.

Every night I'll attempt to play MCC, the moment the matchmaking takes too long, I just move on to another game. Sure it's super annoying to not get my Halo fix in, but at this point, I don't have time in my life to be wasting away waiting 5+ minutes for matchmaking to work. I don't have time to do hard resets and then boot MCC back up only to see the same issue repeat itself. I just move on to another game and try again later or the next day.

I think one day MCC will be fixed and we'll all be happy, but as for the people who have already returned/traded in the game or are on the fence about buying it, that's unfortunate for the brand of Halo.

Look at what Battlefield did to itself...and I hope Hardline is unsuccessful, it will teach EA/DICE about the importance of quality assurance and quality control.

AlStrong

What would be really good is if for Forge maps (which can't take advantage of fully-offline baked lighting anyway), they allow you to select time of day as a slider (or even give you full control over the location of the sun in the sky, not limited to locations on a single simple curve).

hm... any news if they've updated that quick-bake process from H4? That was pretty neat. Although, there do seem to be some funky shadow issues in one of the videos I've seen.

shadow rckts

Neo Member
Every night I'll attempt to play MCC, the moment the matchmaking takes too long, I just move on to another game. Sure it's super annoying to not get my Halo fix in, but at this point, I don't have time in my life to be wasting away waiting 5+ minutes for matchmaking to work. I don't have time to do hard resets and then boot MCC back up only to see the same issue repeat itself. I just move on to another game and try again later or the next day.

I think one day MCC will be fixed and we'll all be happy, but as for the people who have already returned/traded in the game or are on the fence about buying it, that's unfortunate for the brand of Halo.

Luckily I haven't seemed to have many issues with matchmaking as of late. I have, however, run into problems with friends joining my custom game as well as friends getting kicked out of the game when the map loads. Though I do feel that they are working hard on this game (even if it takes a while to fix the problems) as well.

Blarg

Neo Member
To me, the netcode was the biggest problem. Couldn't even play H2C because of the hit detection, and Halo 3 was almost as bad. I say "was" because I got my refund a couple weeks ago, but I am still hoping it gets fixed and will buy again if it does.

Halo 4 playlist is up? Yessssss. Still gonna keep playing the beta till I have to go back to MCC but still, nice.

How much longer do we have the beta for?

Tawpgun

Halo 4 playlist is up? Yessssss. Still gonna keep playing the beta till I have to go back to MCC but still, nice.

How much longer do we have the beta for?

bugsjpg.png

Fuchsdh

hm... any news if they've updated that quick-bake process from H4? That was pretty neat. Although, there do seem to be some funky shadow issues in one of the videos I've seen.

No news from what I've seen. But H2A Forge's shadow baking is pretty damn fast, easily half the time or less from Halo 4 in my experience.

Top Bottom