• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I think I want to try my hand at a HaloGAF montage as well.

If you guys want in, send me some clips (Preferably PM me).

1-2 clips max. PLEASE SEND ME THE XBOXCLIPS LINKS.

I hope it includes more air horns.

Sik's was conspicuously lacking in that department.

VinFTW

I hope it includes more air horns.

Sik's was conspicuously lacking in that department.

:p

Thanks for clips.

Clique, get your clips in this time (and the rest of you)

or im gonna stalk all your xboxclips profiles

edit: sounds good Fahz! send 'em whenever.

H2 hit detection is broken. 2 Snipes + 2 BR's in the face and this guy lives.

Xbox Clips

I don't know what happened. After the BR kill at the beginning of the clip the hit detection stopped working properly. I went from having a chance in a 2v3 game (typical MCC) to not being able to hurt the enemy team with half my shots.

simply beautiful
giphy.gif

just wish my account could have activated in time to supply some of my clips

also DAT butts clip

-Ryn

Banned
"Ground Pound is so OP!" cries the community

*Sika proceeds to show my clip where I ride on a enemy's shoulders for a solid 1-2 seconds after direct hitting him with a ground pound*

I was just laughing the entire time during that clip and wondering what sorcery was afoot.
There seems to be some weird collision glitch that causes you to stop mid air when hitting someone before hitting the ground. I thought yours was a hilarious example of that.

Sent in my two clips.

I have so many clips recorded, I should make my own mini-montage. Anyone know of a good free video editor? Or if the one with Adobe Creative Cloud is any good?

-Ryn

Banned
It's gonna be great for montages once we have theater. Instant replay from a different angle. BTB montage will be insane.

Great work Sik, thanks for putting that together. Clips were of a much higher quality than I was expecting.

Ex Wife Pegasus overkill the stand out with honourable mentions to Ram's no scope triple, Prinz's DMR killtac and Tawpgun's thruster brawls.

Awww shit. <3 you to babe.

Also, TIL that Mix not only is scrub tier at Halo, but also scrub tier at navigating downtown San Antonio. And he was the designated driver!

In related news, I successfully consumed a burrito as big as my arm.

Also, TIL that Mix not only is scrub tier at Halo, but also scrub tier at navigating downtown San Antonio. And he was the designated driver!

From where?

Good luck with your diahrea!

Can confirm that Mix has absolutely zero natural sense of direction.

Go check out the website for the best Halo podcast on the web!

ReclaimerRadio.com

EDIT: For some reason it only half works on Chrome, you have to add a 'www.' to it to make it work in Chrome :/

:DDDDD

Happy this finally launched, it'll be good to have all of our content in one place.

Mix

Only one of these is true. Also, fuck San Antonio. Maybe PAX will be in the superior Texas city
Austin
next year and it won't be such a mess.

Hey, fuck you

<3

jem0208

finally trying to dig into MCC and... shit, these games havent aged very well. not only do they just feel so bare bones and basic, there is also some general jankiness to the controls/movement/gun play that i never noticed back in the day and am genuinely shocked to feel. halo 4 surprisingly feels pretty good (inspite of the bullshit), but none of these games hold a candle to halo 5.

sure i'm alone though, lol

I feel much the same.

The older ones are enjoyable, but mostly from a nostalgia factor. Not being able to crouch whilst strafing is strangely annoying.

Can't wait for 5 though. That montage got me hyped.

Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. I realise I may not have included everyones personal favourite clip, was more just going for variety and whatever fit the tune I was editing them too.

Had great fun making it, and we'll happily do another one when the game comes out. Maybe a 'launch week' montage?

IHaveIce

Banned
Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. I realise I may not have included everyones personal favourite clip, was more just going for variety and whatever fit the tune I was editing them too.

Had great fun making it, and we'll happily do another one when the game comes out. Maybe a 'launch week' montage?
Or not at all D:

Launch week montage sounds damn fine.

Glass

Watching skate videos growing up, right at the end of the video they had the wince inducing bails section. If anyone does a similar fails section with their montage, I have more then a few clips to contribute.

MouldyK

Watching skate videos growing up, right at the end of the video they had the wince inducing bails section. If anyone does a similar fails section with their montage, I have more then a few clips to contribute.

If I recorded all of my Halo 5 Playing, that could make the Top 10 Fails all me...

...i'm really bad at the games.

Ian wears the pants confirmed

how do you have trouble navigating san antonio? There's like four and a half things there!

- riverwalk
- mall thing
- tower of 'murica
- roads
- poverty

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Haha I know, it's a very passionate discussion around here. I've always preferred fast movement over the older slow games.

Many people here, and around the Halo community, don't realize how fast Halo CE is compared to the other Halos in the series.

Many of those people also assume speed of a game is dependent on the actual player movement speed...which isn't the case. You can have fast player movement speed all you want, slip sliding around a map, but if the time to kill is slow as molasses, the player movement speed be comes completely irrelevant.

Time to kill in Halo CE is insanely fast, the fastest out of all the Halos. It's just the pistol either, the sniper rifle, the rockets, the shotgun, the AR, the plasma rifle, they all have very fast times to kill. A game of slayer can end in a matter of 5 minutes sometimes...it's that fast. That's what I miss the most from Halo CE, the fast time to kill, the static timing power ups that were always spawning every 60 seconds depending on the map, the fast sniper rifle that spawned quickly, depending on the maps...the use of teleporters on the maps, all of it combined to make for a very fast paced Halo.

The movement speed though, I'd rank it slow, but above Halo 3...because in my opinion Halo 3's movement speed was the slowest.

Old news but coloring forge pieces is a great addition, I'm confident we will be back to the great ages of awesome community content ala 3/Reach. Hopefully once H5 launches we won't have to wait months to have file sharing ya know...

Fuchsdh

Old news but coloring forge pieces is a great addition, I'm confident we will be back to the great ages of awesome community content ala 3/Reach. Hopefully once H5 launches we won't have to wait months to have file sharing ya know...

Everything 343 and CA have been doing since Halo 4 has been great leaps forward, but I am definitely concerned that the file sharing/community aspect has been neglected. Frankly Bungie's system wasn't great to begin with, and we should really have evolved beyond it—being able to have bundled map/gametype options, better use of tags, auto-updating or notifications for new versions, simpler links and in-game browsing a la a marketplace would go a long way to improving the experience.

Everything 343 and CA have been doing since Halo 4 has been great leaps forward, but I am definitely concerned that the file sharing/community aspect has been neglected. Frankly Bungie's system wasn't great to begin with, and we should really have evolved beyond it—being able to have bundled map/gametype options, better use of tags, auto-updating or notifications for new versions, simpler links and in-game browsing a la a marketplace would go a long way to improving the experience.

n6iK3EM.gif

Top Bottom