• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would have actually really liked to see his take on the Hobbit.
Was that being discussed? Shit, could've been amazing. Peter Jackson's take on the universe feels pretty stale to me now. Or, it's really more like I know what to expect. Wow factor is gone.

If anyone still plays this wonderful game- I'm playing now, join me!
I'm not on tonight, but add me for the future. GT = kittens revolt.

PS: GUYS, IT'S A BABY MONKEY GETTING A BATH.

Ramirez

2420195797_1eb779d325.jpg

Was that being discussed? Shit, could've been amazing. Peter Jackson's take on the universe feels pretty stale to me now. Or, it's really more like I know what to expect. Wow factor is gone.

Perfection can't be stale.

monome

Guillermo Del Toro has had 2/3 years of permanent fucking around.
I hope his Monsters vs Robots "Pacific Rim" movie will help him finally get somewhere.

As for movie director, it's Neill Blomkamp or bust.
A short introduction following how the Chief gets into the Pillar/Credits/Meeting Cortana/Non-fucking stop action until Halo explodes like a parkour movie with guns and aliens in a mysterious space station.

A good, first, Halo movie has to show how beyond human skills the Chief's are.

monome

yes plz
never gonna happen though

Hard to tell what entertainment will be like in 10 years.

Halo already is a succesful toys, books, games franchise. I wonder how good the comics are doing, as I rebought them on comixology yesterday.

So um...... where is the start or back button?
It is the PS3 version of the controller...

Guillermo Del Toro has had 2/3 years of permanent fucking around.
I hope his Monsters vs Robots "Pacific Rim" movie will help him finally get somewhere.

As for movie director, it's Neill Blomkamp or bust.
A short introduction following how the Chief gets into the Pillar/Credits/Meeting Cortana/Non-fucking stop action until Halo explodes like a parkour movie with guns and aliens in a mysterious space station.

A good, first, Halo movie has to show how beyond human skills the Chief's are.
Pleaso God no. Don't listen to this man! Seriously? Let the Chief be in the games only. The Haloverse is too big to just tell the story of the Chief.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Myyke

Neo Member
It is the PS3 version of the controller...

I'd be very interested in getting one of these if I ever get a PS3 again, I much prefer the Xbox-style analogue layout. I did have a Power A Pro Elite Xbox-style controller when I had my PS3 but the dead zone around the sticks was huuuuuuge.

I've been quite interested in getting the Onza for the 360, purely so I can remap weapon zoom to the additional left bumper button - so many times in heated encounters I accidentally mash the zoom button on the thumbstick!

Guillermo Del Toro.

I love this guy, but his ideas for the halo movie or rather MC, never appealed to me. Go watch Hellboy 2 with the commentary, I think he starts talking about the halo movie around the 30-40 minute mark.

Also from my post on HBO a while back:

Del Torro talked about ways to get MC to talk and how to portray that he was talking to the audience by introducing a flap on his helmet where his mouth would be.

He talks about other things related to the movie briefly in that segment I mentioned above.

Post snipped

What. The. Fuck.

Get back in your hole.

monome

Pleaso God no. Don't listen to this man! Seriously? Let the Chief be in the games only. The Haloverse is too big to just tell the story of the Chief.

You'd love a John Woo Halo movie ;-)
Slow motionning between an Elite's legs pumping rounds in his head. hummmm...sweet flying birds violence.

The Chief needs to be front and center! don't ever forget what Hollywood did with Optimus Prime, he would have been better off playing a whore in a north korean comedy.

Can't really say I'm surprised, they stopped caring about the Reach on September 14th, 2010.
Yeah, those regular, large, detailed playlist updates and dialog on Optimatch were figments of our imagination. So was the Noble Map Pack. And the website that's still in operation to this day. What a dream!

All i have to say is.. Take Prisoner.. Ever why the rockets, snipers were on a high platform? Oh yeah that is right, so people would move fight tooth and nail to get to them, but now thanks to jet packs you can have almost instant acces to sniper by picking Jet-pack as ur load out.

Aka.. Fuck Jet-Packs and all other AA's.
Like Rameriz said if Halo turns to even more aa and equipment integration, im done with this franchise. For the rest if you who enjoy these lame mechanics... more power to you.
The Anniversary maps are pretty lame with Armor Abilities, but you can't convince me that maps like Powerhouse and Boardwalk and Swordbase aren't fun with them. I know this because I've had fun playing them.

The problem isn't broken gameplay. The problem is sticks in butts.

The Halo movie needs to be made soon before Nathan Fillion becomes too old to play Buck.

...and a slimmed down Bunk Moreland to play Johnson.

One day we will see a Halo movie or HBO series...one day.

(I would prefer a Halo series rather than a movie actually)

So you would be happy with Tom Hanks handling that one? ( Do I even need to say Band of Brothers or The Pacific) and he recently picked up Neil Gaiman's American Gods to do as a series

You know, sometimes Waypoint really annoys me, and this is one of those instances. The link you provided doesn't get me to the article you want me to see, it brings me to the blog and I can't tell what I'm suppose to be looking at. :/

Anyway, it's non-news. No release date of information.

You know, sometimes Waypoint really annoys me, and this is one of those instances. The link you provided doesn't get me to the article you want me to see, it brings me to the blog and I can't tell what I'm suppose to be looking at. :/

I didn't get a lot of problems wiht HaloWaypoint lately. It is just loading slow as hell.

Haha. Well, Halo 4 toy maker says Halo 4 will be worth the wait. Interesting that they've seen what 343 is working on, or at least some part of it.

Where's ma Halo 4 vidyos?
6 SECRET FIGURES! OMG! 6 NEW OR RETURNING CHARACTER! HALO 4 GAMEPLAY/SCREENS BEFORE AUGUST CONFIRMED! OMG I'M SO HYPED!

monome

McFarlane < Play Arts

He's got a ton of products coming if Halo 4 has
Spartans II-IV, Forerunners, Covenants, new race(s), Flood as well as new and recurring mainstay characters ; as well as new weapons and vehicles
which is the kind of surprises such a guy could be pimping without getting killed by Frankie.

I want a new MP mode, something other devs wished they had invented which helps make Halo MP relevant again to the masses.

6 SECRET FIGURES! OMG! 6 NEW OR RETURNING CHARACTER! HALO 4 GAMEPLAY/SCREENS BEFORE AUGUST CONFIRMED! OMG I'M SO HYPED!

Kinder partnership confirmed?
If no trailer before march, I'm going to 343i studio to claim a human sacrifice in revengeance for losing my sanity.

I love Todd's wording in the quote.

343 still has some surprises to reveal. This implies that they've released a majority, or near majority, of all that they're going to show. :/

Karl2177

No? They confirmed Forge for Halo 4 already, the connection between books <--> story, talked about some gameplay stuff. So yeah nothing yet?

That's shit Hyper. We've got a teaser and concept art. Talking about features for CEA and saying they will link to Halo 4 isn't revealing anything. Tell me where they talked about gameplay. They said it will play like Halo and still have some new stuff. Every video game sequel has that.

monome

No? They confirmed Forge for Halo 4 already, the connection between books <--> story, talked about some gameplay stuff. So yeah nothing yet?

I want moarrrrrr speculation, but I need to see the truth.

Stupid waypoint why can't it properly load on my cellphone when linked to, just takes me to an endless windows live login loop and eventually gives me an error.

Same here

I love Todd's wording in the quote.

343 still has some surprises to reveal. This implies that they've released a majority, or near majority, of all that they're going to show. :/

he's just full of himself after basking in some halo 4 glory. And it's been said from the beginning Halo 4 is basically Halo.

That's shit Hyper. We've got a teaser and concept art. Talking about features for CEA and saying they will link to Halo 4 isn't revealing anything. Tell me where they talked about gameplay. They said it will play like Halo and still have some new stuff. Every video game sequel has that.
lol. The teaser showed us a new weapon, teased some new feature that Master Chief will have. So they revealed some stuff. :p

lol. The teaser showed us a new weapon, teased some new feature that Master Chief will have. So they revealed some stuff. :p

Less than Halo 3 at this point. Opening up an old wound, but we got more in the Halo 3 announcement trailer than what we've gotten about Halo 4 in two trailers.

Plus, we got a BTS video with the Halo 3 announcement trailer.

I always have that problem with Waypoint, no matter what browser I use. If I try to follow a link to a forum post, the site tells me I'm not authorized to view it. Close the tab, click the link again, it goes right to the post. wtf

The site seems insanely bloated, too; it always takes longer than any other site to load. Boo. Praise Jeebus that Wu hosts a lighter version of Waypoint's updates.

Less than Halo 3 at this point. Opening up an old wound, but we got more in the Halo 3 announcement trailer than what we've gotten about Halo 4 in two trailers.

Plus, we got a BTS video with the Halo 3 announcement trailer.
All I want to say is that 343i released some shit already. Not much. But hey. :p

Myyke

Neo Member
Yup. This is starting to get ridiculous. The longer they take to release anything the more deflated my excitement. Granted, that'll probably disappear once information is released, but still.

I wouldn't mind seeing some genuine gameplay revealed, but I have to say Cryptum and Primordium have been doing a considerably good job in getting me hyped up for Halo 4!

Overdoziz

Banned
Fuck Armor Abilities

Fuck the Assault Rifle

Fuck boring gray Forge maps

Fuck Uncaged

Fuck 4v4 Team Snipers on Hemorrhage

Fuck bloom

Fuck matchmaking matching my team of randoms up with a team of 4

Fuck Evade

Fuck Loadouts

Fuck Hemorrhage

Fuck the Banshee

Fuck the slow-ass movement in Reach

Fuck the Jetpack

Fuck playing at 5fps

Fuck p2p connections

Fuck the Active Camo AA

Fuck the power weapons on Countdown

Fuck letting people spawn with 2 grenades in Squad Slayer

Fuck flame shirts

Fuck the shit load of power weapons that are placed on DLC maps

Fuck Armor Lock and its ability to add nothing to the game and detract so much

Fuck online Firefight with its button-delay

Fuck the Team Slayer playlist

Fuck AR starts

Fuck automatic rifles

Fuck the dobule-beatdown

Fuck bleedthrough

Fuck the terrible spawns on Prisoner and Uncaged

Fuck the extremely campable bases on Highlands

Fuck people quitters

Fuck Infection, Grifball, Race and all the other similar dumb-ass gametypes in matchmaking

Fuck the way Sprint makes everybody run away like pussies

Fuck sword-block

Fuck the Gauss 'Hog

Fuck shotguns that are placed right next to teleporters

Fuck the Drop Shield

Fuck the fact that Reach FireFight is boring as hell compared to ODST's version

Fuck the long Invasion spawn-times

Fuck the inaccuracy of the Pistol

Fuck the Evade/Sprint + Sword/Shotgun combo

Fuck grenade nukes

Fuck Elite Slayer

Fuck 'Trueskill'

Fuck grenade kill challenges

Fuck Inheritor-filled, spawn-camping, banshee-whoring teams in BTB

Fuck playing on Australian host

Fuck self-entitled Americans

Fuck people who cry when they get yoinked

Fuck there being no real ranks

Fuck the awful playlists management

Fuck people who complain about getting their kills stolen in a team game

Fuck adapting

Fuck blue team always being at a disadvantage on assymetrical maps

Fuck getting a quit ban for quitting out games in which my entire team left

Fuck the removal of Premium Battle

Fuck bloodshots

Fuck being able to shoot grenades out of the air

Fuck the annoying shots of the Concussion Rifle

Fuck the camp-promoting CQC power weapons

Fuck the Sword Base lifts

Fuck the Spartan Laser

Fuck round based objective gametypes which doesn't end if it's 2-0 after 3 rounds.

Fuck the top voting option winning when it's a draw

Fuck the fact that the top voting option is always AR starts on a shitty map

Fuck the easily campable sniper spawn on Reflection

Fuck jetpack challenges

Hi, I'm Overdoziz.

darthbob

I wouldn't mind seeing some genuine gameplay revealed, but I have to say Cryptum and Primordium have been doing a considerably good job in getting me hyped up for Halo 4!

I'm pretty sure the target userbase for Halo 4 is not the same person who would read Cryptum or Primordium.

Good books in their own right, but mostly fan service IMO.

Edit: ^^^ 66 fucks, jeez.

Merguson

Banned
Clearly Halo 4 is on the next-generation version of the Xbox and will be released at launch. Michael Bay's Halo will be showing at theaters 7 days before the launch date. It is said to contain more explosions than the transformer movies combined so according to the explosion/money charts, will make like 3 billion. Suck it james cameron.

LpXEV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom