• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter

All i have to say is.. Take Prisoner.. Ever why the rockets, snipers were on a high platform? Oh yeah that is right, so people would move fight tooth and nail to get to them, but now thanks to jet packs you can have almost instant acces to sniper by picking Jet-pack as ur load out.

Aka.. Fuck Jet-Packs and all other AA's.
Like Rameriz said if Halo turns to even more aa and equipment integration, im done with this franchise. For the rest if you who enjoy these lame mechanics... more power to you.

Striker

All i have to say is.. Take Prisoner.. Ever why the rockets, snipers were on a high platform? Oh yeah that is right, so people would move fight tooth and nail to get to them, but now thanks to jet packs you can have almost instant acces to sniper by picking Jet-pack as ur load out.

Like Rameriz said if Halo turns to even more aa and equipment integration, im done with this franchise. For the rest if you who enjoy these lame mechanics... more power to you.
I agree on the second part.

But on the first, Prisoner is pretty shit with or without jetpacks. It was fine in Halo 1 when you had 1v1 or 2v2, but anything more and we see why it's not very good. At least it's out of the way now so we don't hear any "Give us Prisoner in H4!" lines.

ElRenoRaven

Jeez. Could you guys pick any bigger hacks? There is only one man who could make the Halo movie we all deserve. That man is none other then Uwe Boll.

feel

Well said. It's kinda sad thinking about quitting Halo completely after being so attached to it for a decade, but that's exactly what I will do if 343i keeps steering the franchise into that terrible direction. No point sticking around if the gameplay I loved is not there anymore.

You getting on tonight?

TheOddOne

I didn't realize it was already asked. You never explained why though.
Wendon, just like JJ Abrams, make decent stuff but it's not something special. They are fine doing there own stuff, but I doubt they will do any other material not written by them justice.

Nutter

But on the first, Prisoner is pretty shit with or without jetpacks. It was fine in Halo 1 when you had 1v1 or 2v2, but anything more and we see why it's not very good. At least it's out of the way now so we don't hear any "Give us Prisoner in H4!" lines.

Oh dont get me wrong, Prisoner is a shit map, I was just using it as an example of how weapon placement is negated thanks to AA's.

You getting on tonight?
Yeah, sometime in the next 2 hours or so.

senador

Banned
Wendon, just like JJ Abrams, make decent stuff but it's not something special. They are fine doing there own stuff, but I doubt they will do any other material not written by them justice.

Firefly and Serenity were quite special and unique. The Avengers seems to be shaping up nicely and I really dug Buffy. So I'd disagree. He doesn't have the large scale experience like Jackson though.

So DeeJ posted a Pentathlon Preview over at Bungie.net.

IIRC, this is the first year in a long time that we see no mention of Halo games OR any mystery future title.

Unless Destiny is the code name for a Blongo Ball MMO, of course.

Prisoner is so fun 2v2, 1v1 not so much.

Tawpgun

wat

wat

Yes, there are walls you can fly very slowly and loudly over, making yourself an obvious and vulnerable target.

Sounds like someone doesn't jump and jet at the same time. I know how slow they CAN be if you use them without any momentum in the direction you're jetting. But then you're doing it wrong. Shit's fast. It's like a higher jump. It's loud, yes, but thats hardly a balancing factor. Radar gives away more than noise.

Maybe on Hemmorage. Otherwise jetpacks can beat players to points on maps. A lot of Reach maps have a lot of verticality to them.

I never felt burdened by the fact that I had a jetpack. I traded defensive RUN LIKE A BITCH power for added offensive GO ANYWHERE ON THE MAP power.

Expertly designed maps, jumps, and pathways creating a fair and balanced flow of gameplay... NOPE. JETPACKS. TROLOLOLOL

What are they? Can't seem to recall any of 'em.
gold1-gold2, s1-s2, top mid-s1, bottom gay jump to top, top mid to snipe lift, elbow to s1. s1-s2 and the gay jump ones were the hardest. these are just the ones that are consistent enough to do in combat, there's also s3-elbow, but that one I've only ever done once, and being a slide jump is really difficult.

I would have actually really liked to see his take on the Hobbit.
I wanted him to do Mountains of Madness, make an old-school big budget R rated horror movie of Lovecraft like only he could

Wow, Bungie really wants to get away from Halo, don't they? They aren't even playing Halo Reach in the winter pentathlon. They are actually playing MW3 as the shooter. I'm seriously surprised at that decision.

PNut

Banned
Nutter said:

I imagine it's going to be much worse than Reach in that regard. AA's, cR's, perks, anything to get the COD OCD type people involved in Halo again. Just the way FPS's have evolved. If they don't develop Halo 4 more like Reach, in comparison Halo 3, they'll catch grief from the mainstream about how it's just the same old Halo blah, blah, blah.

I just don't see 343 going back to the old school Halo formula. A year from now we'll be wishing AL was in MP. Mark my words.

heckfu

Banned
I imagine it's going to be much worse than Reach in that regard. AA's, cR's, perks, anything to get the COD OCD type people involved in Halo again. Just the way FPS's have evolved. If they don't develop Halo 4 more like Reach, in comparison Halo 3, they'll catch grief from the mainstream about how it's just the same old Halo blah, blah, blah.

I just don't see 343 going back to the old school Halo formula. A year from now we'll be wishing AL was in MP. Mark my words.

i'll put $1,000 on the opposite.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I expect something between Halo 2 and 3 in terms of maneuverability along with sprint. If the AA's return(they will in some form, believe) they'll more likely be pickups.

I expect something between Halo 2 and 3 in terms of maneuverability along with sprint. If the AA's return(they will in some form, believe) they'll more likely be pickups.

If they return I can only hope they see how they interact with whatever map they're making. None of this kill zone shit, either mold the map to the AA or don't pretend like you care about making a worthwhile multiplayer.

/pissy

343 did a good job with doing this in Anniversary though I must admit. Just keep it up. And get evade the fuck out.

senador

Banned
Wow, Bungie really wants to get away from Halo, don't they? They aren't even playing Halo Reach in the winter pentathlon. They are actually playing MW3 as the shooter. I'm seriously surprised at that decision.

I would imagine it has more to do with the game being newer than any Halo game than actually wanting to get away from it. Remember, they've been living and breathing Halo for 10 years, and while Reach is 1.5 years old for us, for them its older. I doubt this was really a "thing" and MW3 was picked because of it being the most popular in the studio right now.

Because Activision.

I dont mind though really.

I hate Activision/Booby Kotick more than a lot of people, but this is dumb. Sure Activision may have sent them free copies, but beyond that there's nothing. Activision probably has little to do with their daily work and surely didn't say "you must play MW3 at the pentathlon!!!!!". See above for the more likely reason. You so silly wwm0nkey, you LOVE to jump to conclusions super fast. ;)

CyReN

Can't really say I'm surprised, they stopped caring about the Reach on September 14th, 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom