• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Computron

HaloGAF at NYCC: Day 1 Gallery

-----
Video is still uploading. It's also really, really bright and a little hard to watch. Seems my camera isn't great for auto-adjusting, I'll go back to using my camcorder tomorrow.

zbb4b.png

Frankie's 50 sure has taken it's toll on his skin, but he's never been in better shape!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Fingers Crossed that they fixed the Bulltrue crap where both parties involved die.
The thing is that I can never tell who actually got the kill first. Was i sliced and my shotgun went off upon death? Or did i shoot the enemy and his corpse splattered me? ;)
Stuff like that quite honestly makes me ragequit infection.

Fingers Crossed that they fixed the Bulltrue crap where both parties involved die.
The thing is that I can never tell who actually got the kill first. Was i sliced and my shotgun went off upon death? Or did i shoot the enemy and his corpse splattered me? ;)
Stuff like that quite honestly makes me ragequit infection.

Does it matter who got it first?
And I can't remember getting a Bulltrue and dying.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Does it matter who got it first?
And I can't remember getting a Bulltrue and dying.
I'd say it happens to me 1 out of 10 Infection games.
So, in 30 rounds, 3 times. It's about as annoying as someone armorlocking your rocket into the wall rather than you getting a triple kill. Bitter taste.

I'd say it happens to me 1 out of 10 Infection games.
So, in 30 rounds, 3 times. It's about as annoying as someone armorlocking your rocket into the wall rather than you getting a triple kill. Bitter taste.

This shit happens to me allllllllllll the time.... I dislike this game, but I keep playing it hoping the next match will be different lol

Oozer3993

Still love Halo's AI..Rescued Keyes and what does he do? Charge to his death. WTF.

There was a bug early in development where right after you freed Keyes, he would unload his Needler into a dead Covenant until it supercombined and killed him.

OT: I won 2 tickets to see Taylor Swift perform on Ellen! But I live in Cleveland, and the show tapes in Burbank :( So who wants to fly me out to Cali? :lol :p

malfcn

Kind of weird transition from T&R to the Silent Cartographer. One second I am on a Spirit in space, and now a Pelican on a beach?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
OT: I won 2 tickets to see Taylor Swift perform on Ellen! But I live in Cleveland, and the show tapes in Burbank :( So who wants to fly me out to Cali? :lol :p
Give Kibbles one of the tickets and you can split the travel costs.

No, seriously, that'd be awesome. :lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Kind of weird transition from T&R to the Silent Cartographer. One second I am on a Spirit in space, and now a Pelican on a beach?

You weren't in space, necessarily. I always imagined chief went somewhere to recoup, reload, then jumped into the next mission when having those sorts of transitions.

MP stuff;
I'm really hoping for 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 and 8v8 hoppers through Halo 4s lifespan. I doubt we'll have it all at launch, but maybe they'll add more flavor a few months in?

There's Nothing like 4v4 on The Pit, Nothing like 5v5 on Standoff, Nothing like 6v6 on Construct, Nothing like 8v8 on Avalanche...

2v2 (hell, i even miss 1v1) on Lockout, 3v3 on Turf, Multi-Team on Ascension

Rumble Pit on Snowbound... Rumble pit on Gemini... Rumble pit on Epitaph! MMMMmmmMMM!

Alright so I finally got around to finishing up the sketchup for my Halo 4 design, Think Again, the successor to Think Twice. It is nowhere near what Think Twice is so no worries. It is definitely not final as it needs LOS blockers, and still needs some tweaks to the pieces, measuring, and what not, but the layout is close to where I want it to be. It takes the gimmicky mechanic of Think Twice's center and tries to apply it to something that has the potential to be more competitive than Think Twice was.

Below is a link to a Unity Webplayer in which you can walk around the map, it will prompt you to download the Unity Webplayer plugin if you don't already have it. I've setup team lighting at the bases and a single directional light to simulate how I would setup lighting for the map in Halo 4. The controls are WASD to move, Shift to sprint, Spacebar to Jump, and you can also do minor things like switch weapon with Q/E and reload with R. You can also zoom with your right mouse button. And of course fire with left. There is an object in the center of the open side platform that is a placeholder for a man cannon/lift. You aren't supposed to be able to walk through the barred windows on the map. The scaling is right locally from piece to piece, but the jump height/body height, etc. is all off... lol. This was created with replicates of the forgeworld objects to scale. Glass will be added accordingly where it will be appropriate, but open side will have no glass over it.

http://think-again.comuf.com

Would love opinions, obviously you can't play it, but general thoughts would be nice. :)

Oh and Happy B-Day Frank. :)

Of course they look good coupled with the Halo 3 character model. Halo 3 had much cleaner, more appealing art all around. Something I'm glad Halo 4 is bringing back.

Am I the only one who liked the gritty Reach look?

Reach was by far the best Halo in Terms of visuals, both from a stylistic and a pure graphics fidelity point of view. It also had the best gameplay of all Halo games, except for the scarab battles in 3.
Come at me, bros.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Reach was by far the best Halo in Terms of visuals, both from a stylistic and a pure graphics fidelity point of view. It also had the best gameplay of all Halo games, except for the scarab battles in 3.
Come at me, bros.
One of the few.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

Come at me, bros.

Let's just agree to disagree while agreeing.

I liked the 'gritty', but the game didn't really live up to being 'darker' than previous halos in my honest opinion.

As for halo 4; it's nice to see things brighten up.

Come at me, bros.

I mean, is Reach being anything but the worst Halo allowed as an opinion??

Is that an exact replica of Relay? lol the water in the back..

TheOddOne

Come at me, bros.
There is a war going on outside, but screw that lets focus on getting intimate with a bunch of Spartans that will die in the end. No1curr.

Gameplay:

izuLqYxGikQv0.gif

Multiplayer:

izuLqYxGikQv0.gif

Oh yeah, I found Gamefuel in Pittsburgh:

El4Gr.jpg

I only thought to take a pic after I drank it. :lol

Come at me, bros.

I liked the earthy, gritty wear and tear, but I wish the image was cleaner and the game had a wider ranger of colors. Also, the lighting in reach made everything feel flat and lifeless.

Relay time lapse

thanks to pete for making this

Thats pretty awesome.

Top Bottom