• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

S1kkZ

His name is Hamish Beamish. Ended up aboard a transport headed to the colony where Corbulo was established, with no Cryochamber. To stay alive, he kept himself busy by going insane and kept himself warm by shaving hair from frozen colonists and burning it. He started as a young man with high hopes. This is what he became.

this man needs his own game, odst style!

Shadders

So how long is it going to be before Beamish gets his own fanfic?

His name is Hamish Beamish. Ended up aboard a transport headed to the colony where Corbulo was established, with no Cryochamber. To stay alive, he kept himself busy by going insane and kept himself warm by shaving hair from frozen colonists and burning it. He started as a young man with high hopes. This is what he became.

Is this canon? :D

JackHerer

Episode 2 was pretty good.

I don't really get the last bit where they took off the helmets though. Isn't the thing in the HUD supposed to be a motion tracker? I guess it just tracks the location of the helmets directly which doesn't really make sense to me.

Lasky was watching a second video of his brother,
who'd mentioned being in "Arcadia"
. My immediate thought was Halo Wars "Arcadia". Two separate "events" I suppose? Interesting.
Edit: clarifying, not separate timelines but separate events. At first thought, I assumed FuD is tied abit with Halo Wars.

willow ve

There are seven of us here, so yeah, pretty much.

-------
Infinity Slayer on Ragnarok

Sorry for the terrible quality. Was experimenting with a new camera, I'll go back to my old camcorder for tomorrow's recordings.

Gameplay looks fine... Still not excited about the changes that make Infinity Slayer look more like COD (insta-spawn, players spawn randomly all over the map, weapon drops, etc.), but the map and character physics look solid.

Shadders

I don't really get the last bit where they took off the helmets though. Isn't the thing in the HUD supposed to be a motion tracker? I guess it just tracks the location of the helmets directly which doesn't really make sense to me.

Yeah, I thought they were gonna put the helmets up on a log like Muldoon does in Jurassic Park.
capturadepantalla201108kt.png

I did say "clever girl" when they jumped out to the flank and opened fire though.

Flipyap

This was much better than the first episode, but the use of "noobs" made me sad, the continued overuse of first person shots made me shake my head, a handsome janitor made me swoon, the shots showing our little soldiers running through the woods blindly firing ARs followed by screams every time made it look a whole lot like LARPing and the PlayStation Move product placement was just strange.

4LaEXl.png

I guess the big internet TV show bucks had to come from somewhere.

feel

Nice episode, but I think I liked the first one slightly more. That Cortana intro was fantastic, and Frankie's cameo was an awesome surprise. Really enjoying FUD, wish I could watch the entire thing in one go.

edit-

Will those intros make it into the full film on bluray? It would be jarring to cut to them every 15minutes in the full film, but they're too awesome.

IHaveIce

Banned
leaked campaign videos are floating around youtube now.

Really? Don't know how the names of the videos are but a quick search gave me nothing.

So.. say away from youtube is the new rule?

Edit: But I'm not being scared of being spoiled, except the ending probably.

In other news: Waypoint doesn't work for me today..

Pop

Cortana flashing Red! I said, oh my.

Loved the 2nd episode. And could someone gif the very end with the Elite.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

They're training helmets, and in the mode in that sequence, they're designed to teach new boots the basics of combat orientation. The HUD is just as much for the teaching staff to keep tabs on the students as it is for any practical combat, so the RFIDs show everyone where everyone else is so they can map out really primitive strategies. As they get better, they'll move to proper motion trackers, but when they get Pro, they will turn them off completely... ;-)

feel

I kinda want to take a peak but I'm scared of getting something like (fake spoiler)
Halo_4_escena_muerte_del_didacta.mp4
in a search.

edit-
Am I the only one skipping the "On the next episode" part on FUD? I prefer to not know anything about the next one, or at least not look at it, because GAF will be talking about the stuff shown in them anyways.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nice episode, but I think I liked the first one slightly more. That Cortana intro was fantastic, and Frankie's cameo was an awesome surprise. Really enjoying FUD, wish I could watch the entire thing in one go.

edit-

Will those intros make it into the full film on bluray? It would be jarring to cut to them every 15minutes in the full film, but they're too awesome.

Final edited piece is edited together differently.

Just about to finish up the Fall of Reach. What is the next book to tackle? I think I'm going to skip The Flood since it's just a retelling of CE. So it looks like First Strike? Is that correct?

IHaveIce

Banned

Nice, that was good to watch, the kill times are just incredible in Halo 4.

I heard the ending has been leaked.
What?? no.. can't believe it.
The guy that did the most videos for now just seems to try showing he has the game, but he didn't spoil anything till now. (skipping cutcenes, no new map etc)

Except a different uploader also has it

IHaveIce

Banned
Happy Birthday Frankie almost forgot to say it.

And.. there was an AMA on Reddit and no one asked for the Skill Ranking system? da fuq

Top Bottom