• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Hulud

Access to three post-launch map packs? Seems like a decent deal to me if they are each 1200 MSP ($15).

Am I missing something?

Mayyhem

This is pretty bullshit, I per-ordered the LE and traded games towards it to where I only have to pay $40 for it. I should have bought the SE + season pass. I feel ripped. I'm still gonna keep my LE preorder because it'll be a hassle to switch everything around now, and I am lazy...

but coming from a consumer, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Hahaha, oh wow, this LE thing is bullshit
I feel like a real sucker for picking it up, thinking it might be a good value. And if I hadn't decided to get more active in this thread, I wouldn't have even known. I would have gotten the game, felt good about it, and then felt like a REAL chump when I started noticing everybody else with the same "exclusive" helmets, that it's just a skin and not unique armor... that I basically had just overpaid for the maps as well.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think it's a good idea to make your more loyal customers to feel like they got suckered on paying more for less.

Those Ebay prices look good. Guess I know what I'm doing now. SE + season pass, here we go.

By the way, where the best place to get the season pass from? Sorry for asking, I hadn't even given any thought about it until now.

watership

They are 800 msp each.

the time frame of specialization unlocks. And advertising the LE prime armor skin as exclusive ARMOR and SKIN.

Their marketing department is in my opinion terrible

It's pretty horrible. I think you should throw out your computer in frustration. And your phone too. Anything that allows you to post.

Hahaha, oh wow, this LE thing is bullshit
I feel like a real sucker for picking it up, thinking it might be a good value.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think it's a good idea to make your more loyal customers to feel like they got suckered on paying more for less.

Those Ebay prices look good. Guess I know what I'm doing now.

Yeahh im already getting the xbox so ill just cancel my preorder for LE and get the $100 back and wont feel so effed.

Tunavi

Banned
mLBG4.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Downgrading my pre-order took five minutes, and I got cash back. US Gamestop.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm sticking to my LE. The map pass, skins, cool armor crap, and the other things I forgot are enough to me. Plus it's my first Halo LE, so I'm still looking forward to it.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
This is pretty bullshit, I per-ordered the LE and traded games towards it to where I only have to pay $40 for it. I should have bought the SE + season pass. I feel ripped. I'm still gonna keep my LE preorder because it'll be a hassle to switch everything around now, and I am lazy...

but coming from a consumer, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

You preorder from gamestop?

m23

Free 400 msp

I believe its only for my fellow Canadians. Do a Dance Central Survey on Facebook and get 400 msp.

Fuck, I can't stay off gaf, there go my plans to stay dark here.

On the topic of the LE, I am very disappointed. This is possibly the worst LE I have ever bought, yet I'll still get it....

watership

I was referencing the Exclusivity of the specializations. the armor is just a 343 marketing fuck up

You may have a valid point, so I take back my snarky comment. My apologies.

I think I'm just getting so fed up with the utter deluge of complaints that have swept through this thread. I mean, more than the usual! We're on the verge of getting a new mainline Halo 4 game and this place is full of putrid bile. I'm a little numb.

Moa

Free 400 msp

I believe its only for my fellow Canadians. Do a Dance Central Survey on Facebook and get 400 msp.

On the topic of the LE, I am very disappointed. This is possibly the worst LE I have ever bought, yet I'll still get it....

Works in the UK, time to abuse.

Mayyhem

Free 400 msp

I keep getting some code to redeem a free dance central song, wtf?

Ningo

So just found a website with a full video walkthrough of the game that comes in at a total of 5hrs.....I'm sure it would have been played on easy but seems shorter than I would have liked.

At least there will be plenty of spartan ops

TCKaos

It's very important to note that the grand majority of the content in that package is now known to be inferior to other items:

• War Games Map Pack Access
    -LE version doesn't include Scanner or Strider helmets
  • Specializations
    -Now available to anyone who plays before November 20th regardless of edition
  • Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition
    -Digital download through Waypoint. Presumably doesn't include the hours worth of bonus content that the DVD and Bluray include by virtue of the fact that it's a digital download. Also presumably identical to the DVD version of the actual film
  • Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE
    -I'll concede that they only promised an armor skin and a skin for the Assault Rifle, but the unwarranted vagueness of the armory as it was at that point lead everyone to believe that armor skins were actually armor sets. I'm pretty sure that wasn't properly clarified for months after they were announced.

Pretty much all the LE has going for it at this point are the physical items, and as far as we know it's just a steel box and a pamphlet, which is hardly a $40 value.

Really, specializations should never have been any kind of bonus. The timed exclusivity for Limited Edition content is absurd because there was always the chance that you wouldn't unlock any of the specializations before they became public, and honestly gameplay changes as a bonus is almost pay-to-win-ish. Flavor me salty, but I'm really disappointed with how this has been handled. Not sure whose feet I should be resting that at.

Ideally it should have been something like:

• War Game Map Pack Access
    -Includes Scanner and Strider Helmets
  • Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition DVD
    -Extended DVD cut of FUD. Includes commentary and behind the scenes clips, as well as other bonuses
  • Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE
    -FOTUS armor and skin, Recruit skin, Light Rifle skin and Assault Rifle skin (reasoning being that the Reach 360 didn't receive any bonus content).
  • Physical Stuff
    -Grab bag of relatively cool shit. Includes steel box.

Top Bottom