• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

DeadNames

Banned
Free 400 msp

I believe its only for my fellow Canadians. Do a Dance Central Survey on Facebook and get 400 msp.

Fuck, I can't stay off gaf, there go my plans to stay dark here.

On the topic of the LE, I am very disappointed. This is possibly the worst LE I have ever bought, yet I'll still get it....

Maine counts as Canada right?

:p.

If anyone wants to do it two times for me, I'd be much obliged. Seriously, I'd be in debt. I really want to play SA2 :p.

Sai-kun

Banned
mLBG4.png

then i wouldn't buy it!

i'm not down for the extra $40 for a steelbook and some pamphlets. this is gonna be the first LE I pass on since H2

Sort of off topic: am I late to the party about Microsoft wanting a Halo game every 2 years? Nirolak just posted something about it on the gaming side vidoc thread. I guess I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Free 400 msp

I believe its only for my fellow Canadians. Do a Dance Central Survey on Facebook and get 400 msp.

On the topic of the LE, I am very disappointed. This is possibly the worst LE I have ever bought, yet I'll still get it....

How does it work? I did the survey, but it doesn't give me anything.

zap

I can see "Answer 5 quick questions to discover which Dance Decade you belong to. We’ll then send you 400 Microsoft Points to get a bonus Dance Central™ 3 track from your favourite decade*! " but the questions aren't showing up... :/

TCKaos

I can see "Answer 5 quick questions to discover which Dance Decade you belong to. We’ll then send you 400 Microsoft Points to get a bonus Dance Central™ 3 track from your favourite decade*! " but the questions aren't showing up... :/

I can't even connect anymore. It keeps crashing.

I'M ONLY 30MSP AWAY FROM SONIC ADVENTURE 2.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME, MICROSOFT. NOT NOW.

Karl2177

Can someone specify what exactly you get if you stick with the LE versus the SE + War Games Pass?

TCKaos put it nicely on the last page. You might have missed it since it was near the bottom.

It's very important to note that the grand majority of the content in that package is now known to be inferior to other items:

• War Games Map Pack Access
    -LE version doesn't include Scanner or Strider helmets
  • Specializations
    -Now available to anyone who plays before November 20th regardless of edition
  • Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition
    -Digital download through Waypoint. Presumably doesn't include the hours worth of bonus content that the DVD and Bluray include by virtue of the fact that it's a digital download. Also presumably identical to the DVD version of the actual film
  • Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE
    -I'll concede that they only promised an armor skin and a skin for the Assault Rifle, but the unwarranted vagueness of the armory as it was at that point lead everyone to believe that armor skins were actually armor sets. I'm pretty sure that wasn't properly clarified for months after they were announced.

Pretty much all the LE has going for it at this point are the physical items, and as far as we know it's just a steel box and a pamphlet, which is hardly a $40 value.

Really, specializations should never have been any kind of bonus. The timed exclusivity for Limited Edition content is absurd because there was always the chance that you wouldn't unlock any of the specializations before they became public, and honestly gameplay changes as a bonus is almost pay-to-win-ish. Flavor me salty, but I'm really disappointed with how this has been handled. Not sure whose feet I should be resting that at.

-snip-

DeadNames

Banned
Oh man, just got 400 MSP.

I love you guys. <3

Time for round 2. Sonic Adventure 2 will be mine.

EDIT: Also, glad I bailed out of that stream when I did. Who here has had the ending spoiled?

It's very important to note that the grand majority of the content in that package is now known to be inferior to other items:

• War Games Map Pack Access
    -LE version doesn't include Scanner or Strider helmets
  • Specializations
    -Now available to anyone who plays before November 20th regardless of edition
  • Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition
    -Digital download through Waypoint. Presumably doesn't include the hours worth of bonus content that the DVD and Bluray include by virtue of the fact that it's a digital download. Also presumably identical to the DVD version of the actual film
    -I'll concede that they only promised an armor skin and a skin for the Assault Rifle, but the unwarranted vagueness of the armory as it was at that point lead everyone to believe that armor skins were actually armor sets. I'm pretty sure that wasn't properly clarified for months after they were announced.

Pretty much all the LE has going for it at this point are the physical items, and as far as we know it's just a steel box and a pamphlet, which is hardly a $40 value.

Really, specializations should never have been any kind of bonus. The timed exclusivity for Limited Edition content is absurd because there was always the chance that you wouldn't unlock any of the specializations before they became public, and honestly gameplay changes as a bonus is almost pay-to-win-ish. Flavor me salty, but I'm really disappointed with how this has been handled. Not sure whose feet I should be resting that at.

Ideally it should have been something like:

• War Game Map Pack Access
    -Includes Scanner and Strider Helmets
  • Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition DVD
    -Extended DVD cut of FUD. Includes commentary and behind the scenes clips, as well as other bonuses
    -FOTUS armor and skin, Recruit skin, Light Rifle skin and Assault Rifle skin (reasoning being that the Reach 360 didn't receive any bonus content).
  • Physical Stuff
    -Grab bag of relatively cool shit. Includes steel box.
I agree with everything. One thing though, the reach console came with an elite armor.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Spoilers in the MLG stream contradict the other 2 times I've been spoiled?
What the hell?

No one knows the real ending to Halo 4!
Oh man, just got 400 MSP.

I love you guys. <3

Time for round 2. Sonic Adventure 2 will be mine.

How do I acquire a code? I did the questions, do I get an email or something?

^ there are a ton of fake spoilers out there, but I would avoid youtube comments, twitter, streams etc.

400 msp? Yes please.

MP stuff should have already been completely revealed. They are just correcting terrible information distribution.

Campaign is the thing noone should know about, unfortunately we've had tons of info about that...

343 should literally be streaming matches of the game 24/7 on Waypoint. Can you imagine the fucking hype people would have if they could literally watch the game for hours yet have to wait to play it?

Well, yeah, I know.. Im just as guilty watching MP streams, and one of the big reasons is the lack of direct feed footage and context on game types. Still, David and Frankie are part of this community and members of Neogaf so it just seems more than a little wrong to keep them from the streams. I mean, on top of that, the last way they want thier game to be showed off by would be thieving pirates. I guess it just seems wrong to hide it from them for those reasons.

But yeah, for sure they should have more official content out there.

Da fuck? All Halo players who play in the first two weeks get the Specializations early. Is there any reason to get the LE anymore besides the tin and the lore stuff?

Big version: http://i.imgur.com/sy0ey.jpg

Yeah, this is bullshit. I mean the fucking LE basically lies about its content being exclusive. First the exclusive armor turned to skins, and now this. And don't get me started on the season pass thingy not including the helmets, which makes zero sense. This is one thing Bungie would have never allowed.

What the hell?

Turns out there's actually multiple endings and you're fucked three ways over.

DeadNames

Banned
What the hell?

I had to try it like three times. The first two times the header said something like YOU BELONG IN THE 10. The third time the header was something like HERE'S YOUR FREE (decade) TRACK! Then I waited a few minutes and it just popped up.

ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT: It should say "Redeem your song" at the bottom. Good luck!

Edit 2: Can it only be used once for one facebook acc? Thinking about making a fake one to get the MSP, lol.

Dug

Banned
Free 400 msp

Isn't loading for me. Wanted to buy that Trials HD DLC too...

Top Bottom