• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I never thought the LE was going to be some super deal. I mean, are they ever really bought with the purpose of savings?

Still I think excluding things (helmets) is rubbing it in a little. The good thing about digital content is they can easily fix that. Just let the people with the LE codes have access to the Helmets and be done with it. You have to give them something over this, it really isn't right to nickel and dime like this.

Halo players are collectors of sorts, the exclusive stuff and pre order nonsense is bad enough. How do you get this Fotus armor then? Is it just in game?

edit: I meant Recruit armor.
iizZJYaShFc4c.jpeg

gillFTR

I never thought the LE was going to be some super deal. I mean, are they ever really bought with the purpose of savings?

Still I think excluding things (helmets) is rubbing it in a little. The good thing about digital content is they can easily fix that. Just let the people with the LE codes have access to the Helmets and be done with it. You have to give them something over this, it really isn't right to nickel and dime like this.

Halo players are collectors of sorts, the exclusive stuff and pre order nonsense is bad enough. How do you get this Fotus armor then? Is it just in game?

Isnt the Fotus armor with the LE console ?

DJ88

Assault!

Rabble rabble rabble

Playlists!

Rabble rabble rabble

Sprint!

Rabble rabble rabble

Ranks!

Rabble rabble rabble

Limited Edition!

Rabble rabble rabble

What will tomorrow bring next!

JackHerer

I have a feeling that "groups" didn't make it into the final game. The only reference to it we have seen was in that Halo 4 retailer briefing thing that came out months ago. Shouldn't we have heard about this by now with all the leaks and what not?

It was brought up on the Waypoint forums shortly after that bulletin and bs angel confirmed there were two versions of the map pass.

Ok, I was trying to be the voice of reason here but now I want to lose my shit. That is outright deception right there.

How the fuck are people supposed to know that?

Now everyone who plays the game in the first 2 weeks gets access to all specializations immediately regardless of the version they buy.

Welp, that was seriously the last reason why I was keeping my LE. Sorry but an extra $20+ for a cool case and some UNKNOWN pieces of paper are not appealing to me anymore, no matter how cool those skins look.

I'd rather rock out with a Virtual Boy on my face! B]

Screen-Shot-2012-09-06-at-11.33.43-PM.png

Bsigg12

From a few pages back.

Anybody who plays the "STANDARD" edition of the game in the most of the known world (besides Europe, sorry guys) between November 6th and November 20th unlock the rest of the specializations.

Code will be sent to you by November 30th.

I have a feeling that "groups" didn't make it into the final game. The only reference to it we have seen was in that Halo 4 retailer briefing thing that came out months ago. Shouldn't we have heard about this by now with all the leaks and what not?

It's just unknown right now. I've seen nothing about them being redacted so for now the assumption is they are in.

Personally I think it's just a Waypoint website feature, maybe app feature or xbox Waypoint game feature.

However as for groups = clans I think that is out the windows. After all something as big as clans would make the competitive and casual communities unite and go ape shit for preorders. The current timing we have until launch I'd think something like clans would not be under wraps anymore.

My personal speculation is groups are just like B.net groups, nothing in game related at all.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Like someone mentioned a little bit ago- it probably has a lot to do w/ Black Ops 2's release and Black Friday. Marketing probably figured they'd give every incentive they could to get people to buy and play early.

Satchel

Banned
Can I just say again how happy I am with the Achievement list for this game?

Specifically the online ones? or lack thereof?

Sooo good, compared ot the bullshit we had to deal with in 3 and Reach.

Kill 4 players in 3 seconds, blindfolded and upside down, with the Spartan Laser, on a Defiant Map, only on Tuesday.

Can I just say again how happy I am with the Achievement list for this game?

Specifically the online ones? or lack thereof?

Kill 4 players in 3 seconds, blindfolded and upside down, with the Spartan Laser, on a Defiant Map, only on Tuesday.

Once a month.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I actually really love multiplayer achievements. They add a fun sense of, umm, achievement. Just don't make them too difficult. There's still a few I don't have from Halo 3, like a double kill with a single spartan laser blast in a ranked FFA match or some shit.

I'd rather rock out with a Virtual Boy on my face! B]

Screen-Shot-2012-09-06-at-11.33.43-PM.png
I might wear that just to piss people off. :lol

If so, rabble rabble rabble
Haha, so true.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

I actually appreciated some of the MP achievos in Halo 3.

Map Pack specific Achievements can suck a dong, though.

On my quest for 100% reach, we as a full party searched objective for 4 hours (FOUR HOURS) to get a 1flag CTF Defiant game.

While I understand it was easier to attain when defiant and noble were the only 2 packs/reach was more popular, did they not consider any players that would play reach later in the games life?

DLC hoppers are REQUIRED when a population declines. Using "it will split up the population too much!" is an absolute bullshit excuse. What's the point of a 1 player firefight hopper this late? People can play that shit from the main menu. A "classic playlist" consisting of 4 maps and literally broken gametypes? Remove that shit and have a playlist that supports ALL RELEASED DLC. Regular Matchmaking and TU matchmaking? It's a Title Update released to actually fix the game? Why have two of everything? Consolidate that stuff, make room for playlists that are ACTUALLY NEEDED when the population is so low, as you put it! ;)

I can't wait for Halo 4. A lot of my gripes just go with the fact that the last halo game made is considered "old" and isn't very well supported by any devs.

Satchel

Banned
I actually really love multiplayer achievements. They add a fun sense of, umm, achievement. Just don't make them too difficult. There's still a few I don't have from Halo 3, like a double kill with a single spartan laser blast in a ranked FFA match or some shit.

They're fine when they're actually achievable, and don't require boosting parties, like most of 3 and Reach's did.

Top Bottom