• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Trasher

I want to do a write up about my impressions of H4 multiplayer but I don't even know where to begin. I played a fuck ton of matches. Let's see what I can rattle off the top of my head.

-Assists are fixed
-Railgun is the greatest gun in the game
-Customizable loadouts is huge
-Personal Ordnance is a fucking gem
-H4 Needler is the best iteration of the gun in the entire series
-Slayer Pro is awesome
-Infinity Slayer is awesome
-Dominion is very cool
-Saw is badass
-Returning objective gametypes have been tweaked and improved (don't know about CTF yet)
-New objective gametypes are cool and have lots of potential
-Played the most enjoyable game of Grifball ever
-Infection is badass
-Best maps so far: Haven, Abandon, Adrift, Complex, Solace (not including pre built Forge maps)
-Mid tier maps so far: Everything else (not including pre built forge maps)
-Global ordnance scares me a little
-Shotgun sounds insanely great
-I love all the new medals
-Text in middle of screen is so far from noticeable while playing. Arguments against are invalid
-Regicide is ok. FFA in general seems to work better than it did in H3 and Reach. Don't know what tweaks cause it.
-Feels like Halo 2 mixed with Reach. Good jump height but sharp and crisp, not clumsy and floaty.
-Grenades are more rare
-Melees are less frequent but not gone
-Blur effect in Regen field is pretty fucking smart
-Pro Pipe > Sticky Detonator but that doesn't mean Sticky Detonator isn't fun to use
-No scopes are still easy
-Headshots with sniper from behind are more difficult than in Reach
-Sweep sniping is very tough
-Feels like less autoaim with sniper
-Flood with Thrust is a blast
-Slide jumping is very much back

I reserve the right to change my opinion after months of online play.

If these are true, I'll be quite happy.

El_Chino

So just to clarify LE buyers (such as myself) are not getting the extra two helmets?

halo_4_dlc_armure_octobre_2012_14.jpg

Ken

So just to clarify LE buyers (such as myself) are not getting the extra two helmets?

At this point I'm not sure anyone here knows with 100% certainty. I'm sure they'll give all the details closer to launch so it might be best to keep your LE and cancel it if the final known contents of it proves unsatisfactory to you.

CyReN

Now a new fear is born, what if the modders play under known community people or halo pros? I'm hearing of various people getting banned already.

This is going to be a long 3 weeks.

El_Chino

At this point I'm not sure anyone here knows with 100% certainty. I'm sure they'll give all the details closer to launch so it might be best to keep your LE and cancel it if the final known contents of it proves unsatisfactory to you.

I figure that was the case, I just someone from 343i would give us some clarification on this.

Also the gamestop pre-order doesn't look AS bad as I thought it would.

halo_4_dlc_armure_octobre_2012_6.jpg

CyReN

Cyren, they wouldn't ban by name, they'd need their own recorded data to validate the piracy, surely.

Saw this earlier on reddit.

WARNING: Do not post ANY gameplay of any type of Halo 4 online - I was banned and never played it on Xbox live or even on my xbox

I just recieved notice that l31untman account has been permanantly banned from Xbox Live because I posted footage of Halo4 multiplayerr gameplay that I captured from someone else's Xbox who has the game. I did not play the game early on my Xbox, or even on Xbox Live at all. All I did was upload 1 game play video to my youtube that links to my name of l31untman, and I have been permanently banned from Xbox Live. Bullshit man...

There is some kind of linking, kid doesn't sound bright too.

Trasher

Wow. So much of this Spartan armor looks terrible. How did some of this stuff get into the game? It's like they tried to do too much on some of these designs. The simpler the better IMO.

I want to do a write up about my impressions of H4 multiplayer but I don't even know where to begin. I played a fuck ton of matches. Let's see what I can rattle off the top of my head.

-Assists are fixed
-Railgun is the greatest gun in the game
-Customizable loadouts is huge
-Personal Ordnance is a fucking gem
-H4 Needler is the best iteration of the gun in the entire series
-Slayer Pro is awesome
-Infinity Slayer is awesome
-Dominion is very cool
-Saw is badass
-Returning objective gametypes have been tweaked and improved (don't know about CTF yet)
-New objective gametypes are cool and have lots of potential
-Played the most enjoyable game of Grifball ever
-Infection is badass
-Best maps so far: Haven, Abandon, Adrift, Complex, Solace (not including pre built Forge maps)
-Mid tier maps so far: Everything else (not including pre built forge maps)
-Global ordnance scares me a little
-Shotgun sounds insanely great
-I love all the new medals
-Text in middle of screen is so far from noticeable while playing. Arguments against are invalid
-Regicide is ok. FFA in general seems to work better than it did in H3 and Reach. Don't know what tweaks cause it.
-Feels like Halo 2 mixed with Reach. Good jump height but sharp and crisp, not clumsy and floaty.
-Grenades are more rare
-Melees are less frequent but not gone
-Blur effect in Regen field is pretty fucking smart
-Pro Pipe > Sticky Detonator but that doesn't mean Sticky Detonator isn't fun to use
-No scopes are still easy
-Headshots with sniper from behind are more difficult than in Reach
-Sweep sniping is very tough
-Feels like less autoaim with sniper
-Flood with Thrust is a blast
-Slide jumping is very much back

I reserve the right to change my opinion after months of online play.
Wrestling_yes.gif

Trasher

Hayzee_: who is this streaming?
PandaTheHero: Sudds
Demmonwithin: Sudds
Hayzee_: -__-
PandaTheHero: lol
MLGDallas: this isnt sudd
TheoryEleven: I'm out
asaplife: proof
TheoryEleven: Later Keeds
MLGDallas|086743: Those kids are rats
walshyddoser: im about to sue 343i for making CoDreach2
MLGDallas|086743: lol
Thespian: Yes Sudd, it's you
levibelew927: dude I saw walshy in a cam
mlg_rukus: how do you know its the sudds?
Clutchy_LFG: suddoths

lolol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There's already a sanctuary remake? Or is it pre-built into the game?

Also, no respawn timer? Ever?

I seriously won't buy it if you can't turn on a respawn timer.

Trasher

I love the fake webcam they have up. He's fiddling with his headset and looking away from the game, yet somehow he is jumping and charging up a PP shot. These kids are so stupid lol.

Ken

I love the fake webcam they have up. He's fiddling with his headset and looking away from the game, yet somehow he is jumping and charging up a PP shot. These kids are so stupid lol.

The sad thing is more than one person in the chat will believe it...probably.

They made it. And by looking decent I actually meant the Forge looks more appealing lol

Well yeah anything is more appealing than MLG's the grayest map in the land of gray maps version of Sanctuary.

Sad that the incorrect car sightlines of Reach that without a doubt play inferior to the actual Halo 2 sightlines have become seemingly the norm for "Sanctuary" now.

Well yeah anything is more appealing than MLG's the grayest map in the land of gray maps version of Sanctuary.

Sad that the incorrect car sightlines of Reach that without a doubt play inferior to the actual Halo sightlines have become seemingly the norm for "Sanctuary" now.

Dynamic lighting goes a long way.

JonCha

Tashi, how did and do you feel about Reach? I don't really know you so I don't know what your perspective is on Halo games.

Shadders

Saw this earlier on reddit.

WARNING: Do not post ANY gameplay of any type of Halo 4 online - I was banned and never played it on Xbox live or even on my xbox

There is some kind of linking, kid doesn't sound bright too.

l31untman is quite a popular guy over on r/Halo. I wonder if he'll be able to get this overturned, pretty sure it won't be in the terms of service they can ban your XBL account for uploading a video to YouTube that has no association with your GamerTag.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
l31untman is quite a popular guy over on r/Halo. I wonder if he'll be able to get this overturned, pretty sure it won't be in the terms of service they can ban your XBL account for uploading a video to YouTube that has no association with your GamerTag.

They can ban him for any reason they want, it's their service.

Top Bottom