• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Ideally, utility weapon kill times, from fastest to slowest, should go like this: Carbine<BR<DMR<LR, yet somehow it seems to be the exact opposite. What the hell? (This "formula" of kill speed includes range, as in the dmr is equal to br but the range is better so kill times are faster)

Booties

Banned
DMR everytime. Ive been using both and the DMR is godlike. Also if you know how to pace the pistol is deadly. It can shoot cross map.

If you're good at Halo you can out shoot the AR. I'll make some gifs later if you like.

Why is the AR even in MM now that we have two actual rifles? I feel like the only reason the AR is even in the game anymore is because it was cool as hell in halo:CE. It's so dated now and they have to change everything about the game in order to make it fit.

Yeah those gifs would be awesome. PM me them I may not see them here.

zlatko

Banned
So I stopped at a local gas station last night when filling up gas and found code red and normal Mt. Dew for double exp. No Gamer Fuel though...huh.

Overdoziz

Banned
Why is the AR even in MM now that we have two actual rifles? I feel like the only reason the AR is even in the game anymore is because it was cool as hell in halo:CE. It's so dated now and they have to change everything about the game in order to make it fit.

Yeah those gifs would be awesome. PM me them I may not see them here.
Automatic rifles are in the game because Fyrewulff & co. can't aim straight.

GhaleonEB

Whats the ETA on the OT ?

A week before 11/6 I would presume. 10/30.
Yup, the 30th. Which means I've got a few late nights ahead....starting to come together, though.

When the value add goes wrong, or

Welcome to games that Microsoft asserts 100% control over the content

Pretty much. What's really nuts is it's getting more complex as we go. I could maybe have put a pre-order summery together back when the first round was announced. Everything since? Yeah, no.

My advice is to not care about digital Barbie clothes. (I realize that sounds condescending, but it's the only way to not to feel screwed in all this.)

Fotos

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it were cheaper to buy it from Walmart. I suspect that MS will put the skins up on XBL but knows them the skins will end up being $5 a piece.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
AR is in the game because using a DMR against someone 3 feet away is pointless when an AR will kill them faster. Unless you're one of those melee all the time folks.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it were cheaper to buy it from Walmart. I suspect that MS will put the skins up on XBL but knows them the skins will end up being $5 a piece.
I really doubt that the skins will be paid DLC in the future. I think they'll be earnable/unlockable you'll be able to unlock them without earning them in different promotions and bundles.

I really doubt they'll be that greedy.

Portugeezer

Ah feels good to be back, I am enjoying Borderlands 2 a lot btw.

What did I miss? Without the OT I am clueless.

Did they announce Sandtrap 2.0 remake yet? I googled but nothing yet, should be time.

TCKaos

Yup, the 30th. Which means I've got a few late nights ahead....starting to come together, though.

Pretty much. What's really nuts is it's getting more complex as we go. I could maybe have put a pre-order summery together back when the first round was announced. Everything since? Yeah, no.

My advice is to not care about digital Barbie clothes. (I realize that sounds condescending, but it's the only way to not to feel screwed in all this.)

Put me in coach. I'm good for it.

Booties

Banned
AR is in the game because using a DMR against someone 3 feet away is pointless when an AR will kill them faster. Unless you're one of those melee all the time folks.

Not to get all "Cod gritty realism" on you, but it's stupid as hell to shoot an AR from the hip all the time. At least give it a shitty scope or something. It's a dumb made up gun that was fun in a space "opera" game that didn't expect to go anywhere.

GhaleonEB

If you need any help let me know. I can't use photoshop but I can write rather well.

Thanks for the offer. I'm in the same boat (well, I like to think so anyways). Since the new OT rules are confining the OP to just one post, that scales the content and makes it a bit more manageable.

m0dus is doing the main art again, and I'm working on content. Some minor image work on my part but nothing huge. I try to teach myself something new each time. I've got the outline done, and most of the content (links, images) gathered up. I nudge it along a bit each night.

A skin? And for only $0.35? Way to go, Wal-Mart. I would be very, very okay with $0.35-$0.50 per skin, maybe a buck or two if we ever get any special ones (like Mark V). Sell a bundle of all of them on the marketplace for 5-10 bucks if necessary. I'll be stopping by there sometime this week, anyone want me to pick up a few codes? Maybe I can do a giveaway if they're limited or something.

cocamola

Banned

Trust me. It doesn't. The AR gets ruined by the DMR, the same way the BR destroyed the AR in Halo 3.
Don't me show you

daedalius

Not to get all "Cod gritty realism" on you, but it's stupid as hell to shoot an AR from the hip all the time. At least give it a shitty scope or something. It's a dumb made up gun that was fun in a space "opera" game that didn't expect to go anywhere.

Excellent reasoning.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Trust me. It doesn't. The AR gets ruined by the DMR, the same way the BR destroyed the AR in Halo 3.
Don't me show you

I had a slightly different take when I played, but that most likely is playing style. I dominated with the BR and had a few AR kills in tight quarters.

Hey, other than Louis Wu, who came to my booth and said hi while I was incredibly exhausted? I know it was some gaffers, I just don't remember which.

Hypertrooper and myself. Great meeting you! Walking around the convention with Wu was pretty funny - at least twice someone approached and said they recognized him from the Halo 2 DVD.

We also ran into a couple people that were wearing HBO shirts but said they were only lurkers.

Hypertrooper and myself. Great meeting you! Walking around the convention with Wu was pretty funny - at least twice someone approached and said they recognized him from the Halo 2 DVD.

We also ran into a couple people that were wearing HBO shirts but said they were only lurkers.

Great meeting you too. I love the Halo community. Everyone's so rad.

Also just got my confirmation that my company (levelupstudios.com) is going to be at RTX next year again. I'm so stoked. Rtx2012 was the tops.

I'm not even going to attempt to sort out the armor/weapon skin catastrafuck in the OT. I'd never finish the rest of the post!

What a complete mess.

I dropped all the pre-order stuff from the AC3 OT, too.

Plus, even if you put it in, you'd still have twenty people popping in to ask without bothering to read. Not worth the effort.

Omni

The AR (Like most UNSC weapons, if not all) is compatible with UNSC personnels' neural interfaces and displays a reticle of where they're aiming. Doesn't need a scope.

Just sayin'

Booties: professor of provocation 101.

I do agree, however that they could've given the assault rifle (or one of its variants) a little more range and a little more accuracy with a trade off of less power.

Totally just bought this. :)

Ghaleon, do you know if anyone is doing the Forge OT? I wouldn't mind working on it if people would be cool with that. I'd just need to do the research on making OTs, which I don't think will be too bad.

IHaveIce

Banned
Great meeting you too. I love the Halo community. Everyone's so rad.

Also just got my confirmation that my company (levelupstudios.com) is going to be at RTX next year again. I'm so stoked. Rtx2012 was the tops.
wait you are levelupstudios ? I hope you guys create some cool Halo shirt soon

I'll talk stock Reach to make it a fair comparison even though I only play MLG anymore. I like bloom, I think it works. If I had to choose, I would choose no bloom because from a spectator's POV, it's more enjoyable. I love what Sprint allows me to do with the map. I think that armor abilities would have been better off as pick ups. The maps are largely underwhelming, even the DLC ones. Anniversary map pack is solid though. I like Jetpack but again, as a pickup.

So basically I don't like stock Reach but I also didn't care for stock Halo 3. I played mainly MLG for both games and absolutely love those settings for both games. More so in Reach because of the DMR and netcode.
So do you like HAlo4 from the little you played just as much as MLG in Reach and in Halo3? Or do you feel the MLG versions is way better than stock Halo4? Also do you think from what you played that MLG would consider using AA or stick with the slayer pro gametype style?

Booties

Banned
Booties: professor of provocation 101.

I do agree, however that they could've given the assault rifle (or one of its variants) a little more range and a little more accuracy with a trade off of less power.
See. You don't need to treat people in the industry like saints to say something true and critical.

Top Bottom