• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, I was watching the specializations thing unfold in here but was relaxing in bed so I didn't feel like sitting up to type. Again it's not a good look for Halo 4, but I'm still not concerned because the main draw of the LE for me was the Map Pack (I still hate the decision to not add the two helmets with it like the Season Pass though) since I managed to pre-order it at a ridiculously-low price that is a lot cheaper than standard + Season Pass anywhere in the world without doing anything extra so I can't even be mad.

I remember watching that live on here - it's been that long already, imagine that.

The coolest use of thruster pack I've seen is when he uses it to get behind the ghost for cover, so epic.

edit-Can someone gif that?

iH3g9mFFzTcxq.gif

;)

-Did I miss anything that wasn't incessant bitching about what we deserve as loyal fans? What a tedious game of thread catch-up.

-Really happy to read Tashi's bullet points (lol) on his experience.

-Kind of glad that I didn't pre-order anything.

-ACL was incredible, and totally worth the hell I'll be going through for the rest of the week at work.

J10

Banned
So it's either preset loadouts in Slayer Pro or custom loadouts in Infinity Slayer with personal ordnance drops?

There's no normal Team Slayer with custom loadouts without the personal ordnance drops?

Louis Wu

Hey Louis Wu, there was a cool little Club Errera lighter in the latest RvB.

heh - yeah, that showed up earlier in the season (ep 11 or 12, when Church was convincing Carolina that York cared about her). Pretty cool. ;)

Technically not me, really think i'd risk my Xbox like that? But if someone calls up and says come over what am i going to do? =(
Heh - if this guy is to be believed... say no. ;)

Did he like shoot the gas tank on the ghost or something it kinda just blows up after two shots? one shot, the first one looked like it missed.

Did he like shoot the gas tank on the ghost or something it kinda just blows up after two shots? one shot, the first one looked like it missed.

The second ghost from that video? He injured it bad with the projectile detonator shot, then shot it once, then someone else out of view finished it off.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So do
you like HAlo4 from the little you played just as much as MLG in Reach and in Halo3? Or do you feel the MLG versions is way better than stock Halo4? Also do you think from what you played that MLG would consider using AA or stick with the slayer pro gametype style?

I can't even answer that question and I don't think it would be fair to. At this point I prefer the old style CTF on smaller maps. That could change though. The maps themselves in MLG are classics to me. Heretic, Pit, Narrows...I haven't had enough time on the new maps. I think though that I will enjoy BTB in Halo 4 far more than I ever did.

I would imagine that MLG has/is playing the game to determine what settings to use. I hope they use Infinity Slayer. I think it's a very exciting gametype but they might be put off by the radar. Slayer Pro is also very good but you have nowhere the near the variety as you do in Infinity Slayer. There's also no Pro Objective gametypes so I don't know if MLG wants to mix all of these settings.

CyReN

I would imagine that MLG has/is playing the game to determine what settings to use. I hope they use Infinity Slayer. I think it's a very exciting gametype but they might be put off by the radar. Slayer Pro is also very good but you have nowhere the near the variety as you do in Infinity Slayer. There's also no Pro Objective gametypes so I don't know if MLG wants to mix all of these settings.

Little update on that:

gUxqR.png

As always, I hope they leave it alone and keep it simple, not enough time to experiment even if they get it next week.

Tashi

Cant even listen to that Tashi slrp. Really you played a good game of Grifball?

List invalidated.

I definitely am a SLRP member now but I'm not going to fabricate stories of laughter and fun.

Edit: Oh ok Cyren. I know MLG has played the game a bunch but their retail copies haven't arrived yet.

Trasher

Tashi: Did you get a chance to play the bigger maps/big team battle shit with lots of players? How's the vehicular crap that I generally hate so much? Or is the bread and butter of the game still 4v4? Please tell me it's the latter question.

I just got spammed on twitter with a spoiler and it popped up on my phone. Hope its fake :/

Dat feel...

Pm me if you want to know the account so you can block it, hes spamming a ton of people.

Slayer Pro DOESN'T have personal ordnance, which means I'll be there 99% of the time except for when my friends drag me into SWAT and Snipers (if those playlists ever make it to MM).

Tawpgun

Little update on that:

gUxqR.png

As always, I hope they leave it alone and keep it simple, not enough time to experiment even if they get it next week.

They should just do slayer pro. Does slayer pro have static weapon spawns?

Infinity Slayer is simply too random with the drops to be competitively viable. If they made it so you always get an option of Sniper, Rocket, and OS, then it might be usable.

Tashi

Tashi: Did you get a chance to play the bigger maps/big team battle shit with lots of players? How's the vehicular crap that I generally hate so much? Or is the bread and butter of the game still 4v4? Please tell me it's the latter question.

I'm still a fan of smaller 4v4 maps and that's not because BTB sucks in H4, it's just because that's what I prefer. The BTB maps are not giant open fields. You have lots of protection from vehicles. Valhalla is probably the most open, large map. The rest have very secure on foot paths but also great routes for vehicles. With the ability to have a plasma pistol on you at all times, along with a ranged high powered weapon, with some good teamwork you can melt vehicles. It's just takes coordination.

Tashi

Slayer Pro DOESN'T have personal ordnance, which means I'll be there 99% of the time except for when my friends drag me into SWAT and Snipers (if those playlists ever make it to MM).

I missed personal ordnance in gametypes that don't have it when I played. I love personal ordnance.

Yeah, who wants to play good maps all the time. Gimme more Isolation and Snowbound, please.

I know I'm in the minority but I liked Snowbound a lot.. So many good games on that map :]

Side Thought: Rewatching this OB Stage Demo has me hyped to play it. One thing's for sure, you definitely feel like you're playing a futuristic sport with all these gametypes and audio cues.. definitely makes it feel more exciting lol

Infinity Slayer -radar for MLG Dallas and default matchmaking? Seems like the way to go IMO.

Fixed* and agreed <3

Tashi

Infinity Slayer -radar for MLG Dallas? Seems like the way to go IMO.

I think for the benefit of the spectators, Infinity Slayer should be used. Personal Ordnance is a great story. Also, it's predictable because of the meter that fills. You can switch to a player that is almost about to hit his PO, watch him get it, call down a railgun or something and then watch him mow a few guys down. Exciting stuff.

Top Bottom