• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

broony

So with my normal edition pre-order I get all the specializations. How is that going to work? Do I get a code if I play within 20 days or something?

Assuming you are in the US, the marketing image from a page or two back says that you will be emailed a code sometime after November 30th I think.

edit*** Urrrgh top of the page
Playing through Halo 3 again at the minute as well as doing Reach again on legendary co-op and anniversary on heroic co-op.

Played this part last night. Halo 3's campaign is so good.

1216050538_Scarab.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
Assuming you are in the US, the marketing image from a page or two back says that you will be emailed a code sometime after November 30th I think.
I'm from The Netherlands. Does that mean there's no way for me to get early access to them?

^Nobody cares if you're at the top of the page.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm from The Netherlands. Does that mean there's no way for me to get early access to them?

If you won't, i can give trade (or give if nothing to trade) you my pre-order specializations bonus (getting the LE myself), since i'm most likely getting one from Gamestop. What else i'm getting is a mystery, since one place says A and another place says B.

Woorloog

Banned
Dedicated_Halo4_r2_c1new.png

This is what I get with the normal edition. Does that mean I just get a code for the specializations with the game? Is that 20 days thing just for (American) people who didn't get it with a pre-order anyway?

Yeah.
You don't have to worry about not getting the specializations, assuming the store honors their pre-order deal.

EDIT if Gamestop gives the spec code like they say, then i'll have the specs twice... anyone here who ordered standard, won't be getting specs and gets some armor skin they don't care for?

m23

I should finally be getting Thursday War delivered today, I've been rereading Ghosts of Onyx to get me ready. I'll skip a reread of Glasslands though, not that its bad just not enough time.

Also, my live subscription is going to run out couple days after Halo 4 launch, does anybody know if there is a Halo 4 Xbox Live card? May just pick that up if it has cool extras.

Fuchsdh

Prolly old news now, but I just noticed that Halo Waypoint has its own domain now instead of a subdomain off the xbox.com one.

In my experience it's been slightly faster, hasn't killed any incoming links as often as it used to, and doesn't seem to die on my login credentials, so big props to the Waypoint team for making the site much more usable. I'm hoping more backend improvements will be coming with Halo 4 in addition to whatever new features or stats they are adding.

Homeboyd

Halo 4 ending used as thread titles in the Halo 4 forum at Waypoint. No idea if it's real or not... but probably better to stay out of there all together.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 4 ending used as thread titles in the Halo 4 forum at Waypoint. No idea if it's real or not... but probably better to stay out of there all together.

I really should bail out from HaloGAF, it is only a matter of time before someone here slips, or another gaffer posts spoilers here on purpose...

Falifax

I took for granted avoiding Waypoint when leaks hit the web. That place has to be like a minefield.

Man, the last game I probably really enjoyed playing competitively was Crysis 2 and that game is almost 2 years old. I hope I still have it in me to put in the time to get good enough at this game without getting frustrated. Halo 3 was the last Halo I played pretty seriously and I was in college then so I had a lot more time on my hands. Shit gets real, boys (I say as I'm hanging out on a forum at work :p).

We should be used to this kind of bullshit.

We're as good as any American fan/gamer/customer. We spend the same amount of money and time playing their games and yet we get nothing.
Take solace in the fact that ultimately all this stuff is either completely cosmetic, or unlocked over time. You won't remember any of it a year from now.

The greater indignity Europeans suffer is being a fifth of the second off the pace in just about every game of Halo we play.

Shit gets real, boys (I say as I'm hanging out on a forum at work :p).
Yep. At work right now, and I'll be at work on 6 November. And 7 November. And...

Halo 4 is going to be an hour or two in the evenings for me, probably. And even that eats into a lot of the other responsibilities I have.

Fuchsdh

Man, the last game I probably really enjoyed playing competitively was Crysis 2 and that game is almost 2 years old. I hope I still have it in me to put in the time to get good enough at this game without getting frustrated. Halo 3 was the last Halo I played pretty seriously and I was in college then so I had a lot more time on my hands. Shit gets real, boys (I say as I'm hanging out on a forum at work :p).
I've felt this way for a long time. I'm not a "screw you multi folks" kind of guy, but I enjoy playing the campaign more, just because it's a digestible experience. Even with a Halo game being the only disc in my Xbox I'm prolly never going to max the progression system. Then there's Starcraft II, DotA and RollerCoaster Tycoon on my PC... Haven't had time to play the last two humble bundles (been buying for the soundtracks essentially.)

There's so many good games out there, and I've been playing half of then since college without tiring. It's new stories that get me interested, and that's mostly it.

cocamola

Banned
I have found..(Multiplayer)

In regicide getting a Kingtacular grants you an overshield.
The Pistol > AR when paced.
DMR>Everything

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Tashi- thanks for the write up. Your opinions on Reach pretty much fall in line w/ me, so now I'm even more geeked.

Marketing though- man. Even just the way they label the season pass packaging. I was on Slickdeals and people were going ape shit because they thought it was the season pass + 2000 pts. None of it has effected my decisions, but the vagueness in so many of the materials offered is, well, not good.

cocamola

Banned
I thought you guys would need these in your life;

lolsplat.gif

trip.gif

So fun.

Although sniper medals are like Halo 2's. You get the medal for bodyshots. The same goes for snapshot

Caja 117

So it sounds like you only get the War Games Map Pack with the LE while the separately sold War Games Season Pass gets you the maps and helmets.

I'd hope the Season Pass includes future (?) helmets beyond the initial two like I would expect a Season Pass to cover. That would make it seem much more like a Season Pass as it currently just sounds like a large map pack with 2 helmets and an emblem thrown in, IMO.

But all this is just me guessing though so hopefully I'm wrong.
In one of the weekend Bulletin it was explained, the Halo LE comes with the season pass, and not with a different access to the map, so, everything that comes with the Season pass is going to be included in the LE.

In one of the weekend Bulletin it was explained, the Halo LE comes with the season pass, and not with a different access to the map, so, everything that comes with the Season pass is going to be included in the LE.

No. The Halo LE comes with a season pass code that is different from the one you can buy off XBL. LE owners will not get the two exclusive helmets that come with the standalone season pass SKU.

Fotos

No they said the Season Pass in the LE is different than the one sold separately. The one in the LE will just come with maps and the one by itself will include 2 helmets.

Woorloog

Banned
So is the BR going to be a 4sk or 5sk? I last heard it is going to be a 5sk with more bloom?

It's been 5sk for a long time now, i think. Though that doesn't rule out the possibility it works like Halo 3's, ie 4sk if perfect shooting.
No bloom on it, spread and recoil yes.

No. The Halo LE comes with a season pass code that is different from the one you can buy off XBL. LE owners will not get the two exclusive helmets that come with the standalone season pass SKU.

Remember when we just bought games? I feel like I need a degree in Taxonomy to sort all this nonsense out. As it stands now, I give up.

GhaleonEB

I'm not even going to attempt to sort out the armor/weapon skin catastrafuck in the OT. I'd never finish the rest of the post!

What a complete mess.

cocamola

Banned
What about close range and/or no zoom?

DMR everytime. Ive been using both and the DMR is godlike. Also if you know how to pace the pistol is deadly. It can shoot cross map.

If you're good at Halo you can out shoot the AR. I'll make some gifs later if you like.

Caja 117

You sure? because I remember reading the bulletin, and LE had the season pass, while in a separate row, it had the season pass and it contents and how much it cost. It looked to me that in that row it was expanding further more the content on the season pass that was going to be the same included in the LE, What bulletin was it anyways?

Top Bottom