• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Overdoziz

Banned
I missed personal ordnance in gametypes that don't have it when I played. I love personal ordnance.
I don't think it will be that big of an issue but I don't like the idea of not knowing what power weapons/powerups enemy players are getting and when they get them. That's pretty much the biggest issue I have with a lot of the changes and additions in Halo 4 MP. It's a lot less predictable, and not in a way that I like. You don't know what loadouts people will spawn with, you don't know what and where power weapons will be dropped, you don't know when someone gets a personal ordnance drop with what weapon in it, etc. 343 loves to tell us how dynamic Halo 4 is, but in the same sense random weapon spawns is also dynamic. Yeah, not a big fan.

You like bloom and sprint for god knows what reason, though, so I don't know what to tell you. :)

Shadders

Ordered the armour skin. :D

I hadn't considered this before, but with the skins being locked to a particular armour set then presumably these pre-order DLCs will also unlock that armour early? That's pretty cool.

Pop

I think for the benefit of the spectators, Infinity Slayer should be used. Personal Ordnance is a great story. Also, it's predictable because of the meter that fills. You can switch to a player that is almost about to hit his PO, watch him get it, call down a railgun or something and then watch him mow a few guys down. Exciting stuff.

Random personal ordnance drops in competitive competition? No thx

If anything can you customize what drops from a personal ordnance drop? If so, that could work just nothing over powering.

I would still go with Slayer Pro.

cocamola

Banned
Reposting some of that triple feel;
trip1.gif

BigShow36

I think for the benefit of the spectators, Infinity Slayer should be used. Personal Ordnance is a great story. Also, it's predictable because of the meter that fills. You can switch to a player that is almost about to hit his PO, watch him get it, call down a railgun or something and then watch him mow a few guys down. Exciting stuff.

Exciting in the same way Team Fiesta was "exciting," but not exciting for people who want to watch and experience a balanced game.

Karl2177

And since you can weight the personal ordnance drops, maybe you can have it set to be Snipes/Rocks/Overshield or Railgun/Sticky Det/Speed Boost

C
rypt
um

In reverse: Bu
ttchu
gger

Reposting some of that triple feel;
http://joshhillier.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/trip1.gif?w=600[/mg][/QUOTE]

Reposting some of that Chrome feel.

I'm still hoping 343 will work out something marketing and give the helmets to the LE users also.

Just saw this at a local grocy store:

4wPF8.jpg

I'm gonna try and talk to the manager and get it when the promo is up.

But oddly enough still zero sign of gamerfuel

I want that.

I thought you guys would need these in your life;

lolsplat.gif

trip.gif

So fun.

Although sniper medals are like Halo 2's. You get the medal for bodyshots. The same goes for snapshot

hah, those are awesome, especially the physics glitch.

Awesome, 35 cents well spent!

Oh did you now?

:lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Exciting in the same way Team Fiesta was "exciting," but not exciting for people who want to watch and experience a balanced game.

Well tell me about the Infinity Slayer games you played and what made them unbalanced and comparable to Fiesta.

BigShow36

Well tell me about the Infinity Slayer games you played and what made them unbalanced and comparable to Fiesta.

Oh I forgot, logic and past experience cannot be used in any arguments on GAF. Only people who have played the game have valid opinions.

I hope MLG goes with IS just to see Big Show implode.

I wouldn't really care; MLG tried to have AL in Reach settings to appease the "default" crowd. We all saw how that went. Plus, I have no intention of playing Halo 4 competitively unless I feel it's competitively viable, so I couldn't care less what MLG does with its settings.

Tashi

I hope MLG goes with IS just to see Big Show implode.

I would rather see a mix of all gametypes including Oddball, CTF and King.

Edit: It's just one of those, "wait until you experience it to judge it". You can speculate all you want and that's fine but don't shit on it until you try it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
In reverse: Bu
ttchu
gger
All I could think was "Bulldagger?" I was very confused.

You don't have to play the game to see how it's unbalanced and random. Good players get rewarded with ordnance, and neither they nor the other team knows what ordnance they're going to get. It's not as severe as Fiesta, but it's in a similar vein.

The ordnance meter will fill for things like distractions and assists, so players of all skill levels will be rewarded. But I'm willing to bet it will fill faster for triple kills and snapshots.

Are they just doing one gametype at Dallas?

If so, my money's on Slayer Pro or CTF.
I seriously can't wait to see MLG kids try out the new CTF. I'm really curious to see how it will play.

FyreWulff

Posting from Des Moines, Iowa. Anything cool happen in the past five hours?

I passed exit 117 on the way in... while driving behind a Covenant Transport semi :)

Louis Wu

Oh I forgot, logic and past experience cannot be used in any arguments on GAF. Only people who have played the game have valid opinions.
Okay. How about just explaining why you think Infinity Slayer is comparable to Fiesta, and how that makes it unbalanced?

Or, you know... just stick with the 'sarcasm shows I'm cool' schtick. Whatever.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I seriously can't wait to see MLG kids try out the new CTF. I'm really curious to see how it will play.

"I got rockets"

"Okay, I'm pulling flag"

"Fuck I'm dead. Take the rocks to my X, 2 guys there"

"I'm there. I see one---fuck I accidentally picked up the flag"

"Drop it dude, use the rockets"

"....."

Ramirez

I would rather see a mix of all gametypes including Oddball, CTF and King.

lol, I was just being silly. I don't care what MLG does, I still don't even think they should be given special access, but I guess it's free marketing for MS.

I will say this about personal ordnance, there's no way anyone should ever get something like a Binary Rifle through it, that's completely stupid. PO should be mid tier power weapons like shotguns, needlers, swords, scattershots, & SAWs.

This guy was encouraging pirates on my wall sharing his "Theory" how to go around not being banned when playing an illegal copy of Halo 4 by shutting off all internet connection to their Xbox.

My reply was "You can still be perma banned even if you're offline. Delete your comment or you'll be banned".

Microsoft can perma ban by finding Uploaded YouTube videos, Game History, Etc.

Sorry, im abit Salty with these pirates and wannabe pirates spoiling the story and bragging about the leaks to everyone.

You don't have to play the game to see how it's unbalanced and random. Good players get rewarded with ordnance, and neither they nor the other team knows what ordnance they're going to get. It's not as severe as Fiesta, but it's in a similar vein.

I agree. This has been repeated to death...

For me, the beauty of Halo (vs COD) is the predictability. I know that unless my teammate tells me that the shotgun is missing, then this guy I see on my radar only has a DMR or pistol or whatever. In Infinity Slayer, he might have a scattershot or an overshield because my other teammate has been feeding kills on another part of the map.

Do we need to play it to object to that? I'll be as happy as the next guy if it 'feels' different on November 6th, but I'm not seeing how it can.

I apologize for griping because so many other people have filled the thread with gripes, but I haven't really complained too much so far and this is the big red flag weighing on my mind.

Speaking of mlg players, I watched that Reach MLG Pro stream that was posted yesterday...is that what you guys are like when you play? Like everybody talking at once at 100 mph? It was fuckin hilarious.

Its too bad they can't isolate the pirated copies and release an update to brick the consoles.

On another note, anything good for around 800msp? I'm looking for an Arcade game, or something on demand if they are cheap enough.

Tashi

All I could think was "Bulldagger?" I was very confused.

The ordnance meter will fill for things like distractions and assists, so players of all skill levels will be rewarded. But I'm willing to bet it will fill faster for triple kills and snapshots.

Well if matchmaking does as good a job as we've been told then the number of Personal drops should be similar.

Edit: lol yes AllNoneisOne

BigShow36

Okay. How about just explaining why you think Infinity Slayer is comparable to Fiesta, and how that makes it unbalanced?

Or, you know... just stick with the 'sarcasm shows I'm cool' schtick. Whatever.

Yes, I'm really concerned with looking cool on NeoGAF, that's why I try really hard to make sure everyone likes my posts.

And do I really need to explain how random, unpredictable powerweapons that drop next to the player make the game more unbalanced? I'll briefly entertain you, just so I can look cool.

First, we need to clear something up; "Balance" as it relates to competitive multiplayer, doesn't mean that everyone has equal access to something. "Balance" means that players are rewarded proportional to their actions, abilities and decisions. When one player is rewarded with a Binary Rifle for the exact same process as someone who receives a needler, that's unbalanced. You're rewarding players based on a roll of the dice, not to mention the problems it brings to strategic predictability.

Tashi

But the needler is fucking amazing lol

I'm not sold on the Binary Rifle though. It's occurance seemed to be very rare though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Posting from Des Moines, Iowa. Anything cool happen in the past five hours?

I passed exit 117 on the way in... while driving behind a Covenant Transport semi :)

What are you doing in my state? I Live in Ames (north of Des Moines by about 30 miles).

"I got rockets"

"Okay, I'm pulling flag"

"Fuck I'm dead. Take the rocks to my X, 2 guys there"

"I'm there. I see one---fuck I accidentally picked up the flag"

"Drop it dude, use the rockets"

"....."

I lol'd. Although I really don't think anyone is going to trip and fall onto the flag unless they back over it in a firefight. Situational awareness is key though.

Infinity Slayer, by the very definition of it's gametype properties, is unbalanced.

Not saying it won't be fun, not saying it won't be "Halo".

But mothafuckas will be getting overshields and binary rifles and speed ups and spartan lasers dropped at their feet, while others will be left to fend for themselves with what's on the map, especially if they're losing, since the ordnance system caters to winners. Who knows what weapons are on the map anymore.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
So the Surface.... definitely not that rumored $200 price point. I didn't expect it, also didn't quote expect the low end to be $500. No idea why they'd let that rumor persist, it's a big downer.

zlatko

Banned
Question about the season pass content:

Is there a reason to get one if you snagged the LE of the game? I assume it's a matter of getting it AFTER the first 3 packs come out if you are a LE buyer. Are those other goodies that come with the pass also a part of the LE ?

I agree. This has been repeated to death...

For me, the beauty of Halo (vs COD) is the predictability. I know that unless my teammate tells me that the shotgun is missing, then this guy I see on my radar only has a DMR or pistol or whatever. In Infinity Slayer, he might have a scattershot or an overshield because my other teammate has been feeding kills on another part of the map.

Do we need to play it to object to that? I'll be as happy as the next guy if it 'feels' different on November 6th, but I'm not seeing how it can.

I apologize for griping because so many other people have filled the thread with gripes, but I haven't really complained too much so far and this is the big red flag weighing on my mind.

I played the whole bunch and it's as unbalanced and random as a lot of team salt are saying it is. I had fun with it - but I can almost garuntee it will be the basis of a lot of bitching.

I mean I felt gutted everyone I got a needler and my teammate got a sniper not too long later. In many ways it really is a lot like fiesta except of course the random weapons come in less often.

You really don't need to play the game to predict the problems with the system - but you do need to play the game to see why the system is still fun.

Gray Man

Banned
But the needler is fucking amazing lol

I'm not sold on the Binary Rifle though. It's occurance seemed to be very rare though.

Tashi, if I can ask what does SLRP even stand for other than, I guess buying into the hype?

What do you think is balanced about Infinity slayer, and what do you think is Unbalanced about it?

Woorloog

Banned
Question about the season pass content:

Is there a reason to get one if you snagged the LE of the game? I assume it's a matter of getting it AFTER the first 3 packs come out if you are a LE buyer. Are those other goodies that come with the pass also a part of the LE ?

You miss two helmets with the LE pass.

Tashi

So the Surface.... definitely not that rumored $200 price point. I didn't expect it, also didn't quote expect the low end to be $500. No idea why they'd let that rumor persist, it's a big downer.

Probably because MS usually never comments on rumors or speculation. If they did in this situation though, they would immediately shun people away who didn't like the price point instead of keeping you interested this entire time :/

Ramirez

Anyone who bought that skin from Wal-Mart, but then comes on here and complains about the LE fiasco needs to never post about anything like that ever again.

Wait, so Season Pass buyers get access to the new maps before LE buyers?

No, they simply get two exclusive helmets which LE buyers do not get unless they buy a second season pass.

Anyone who bought that skin from Wal-Mart, but then comes on here and complains about the LE fiasco needs to never post about anything like that ever again.

Apples and Oranges, Im not seeing the comparison at all.

Top Bottom