• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

IHaveIce

Banned
Myself and the rest of the staff at ForwardUntoDawn.com are pleased to announce Community Evolved, a project we've been working on diligently for many months now! It is with great pleasure that we reveal this to you, the Halo community. This does, after all, belong more to you than to the three of us.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

awesome will pledge 40 or 75.

Also why are people trying to be the worst assholes of all time? I mean what do people have from spoiling the game on facebook, twitter or youtube etc.

I spoilered myself and watched it, but never I would get the idea to spoil somebody .. this is just stupid. Insane.

This is what I dont understand, looking at the Ragnarok gameplay, it seems pretty specific where the weapons will spawn, pelican, top mid, wall, and on each base's flank.

This can happen in Halo now?

They pretty much did?

I dont see how its that different, unless there is a serious misunderstanding with my first counter-point, the system is basically the same thing except for shuffled weapons.

just fyi, Im not like arguing at you, I think one of us is misunderstanding how it works
it might be me

edit:
Im going to relisten to kevin franklin vs bravo, ill try and figure out exactly whats going on to the best of my ability

The locations are preset, as are the times. Which weapon is coming and where is not. Make sense?

Myself and the rest of the staff at ForwardUntoDawn.com are pleased to announce Community Evolved, a project we've been working on diligently for many months now! It is with great pleasure that we reveal this to you, the Halo community. This does, after all, belong more to you than to the three of us.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

This is awesome. Also, look at the pledged money just going up and up! Wow.

awesome will pledge 40 or 75.

Also why are people trying to be the worst assholes of all time? I mean what do people have from spoiling the game on facebook, twitter or youtube etc.

I spoilered myself and watched it, but never I would get the idea to spoil somebody .. this is just stupid. Insane.

You're telling me bro, I think I've fallen into a slight depression from being spoiled. But at least the game is still a few weeks away, I'll reread novels and try to clear my head the best I can, just sucks to have a Campaign surrounded by so much mystery, and kept so secret for 5 years get spoiled. This is up there with Heavy Rain being spoiled for me. Ugh :_(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Guys, thanks for all your support.

We'll work hard and kick ass to make sure your money is well spent and you'll be happy with the end result.

And I hope you guys following or annoyed by the teasers I was doing last week aren't disappointed. :)

Overdoziz

Banned
This is what I dont understand, looking at the Ragnarok gameplay, it seems pretty specific where the weapons will spawn, pelican, top mid, wall, and on each base's flank.

This can happen in Halo now?

They pretty much did?

I dont see how its that different, unless there is a serious misunderstanding with my first counter-point, the system is basically the same thing except for shuffled weapons.

just fyi, Im not like arguing at you, I think one of us is misunderstanding how it works
it might be me

edit:
Im going to relisten to kevin franklin vs bravo, ill try and figure out exactly whats going on to the best of my ability

I don't think you understand how this system works. Let's say there are 10 possible locations for weapons to spawn at. Then 3 randoms weapons will be dropped random at one of these 10 locations. In previous Halo games the same weapons would always spawn in the same locations after the same amount of time. It was predictable so people can't just get weapons by pure luck unlike in Halo 4.

CyReN

And thank you, HaloGAF.

Can't wait:)

broony

And thank you, HaloGAF.

Cheapskate backer here. Good luck with the project.

Moa

New Terminal code.

Translates to number 3.

I can't even answer that question and I don't think it would be fair to. At this point I prefer the old style CTF on smaller maps. That could change though. The maps themselves in MLG are classics to me. Heretic, Pit, Narrows...I haven't had enough time on the new maps. I think though that I will enjoy BTB in Halo 4 far more than I ever did.

I would imagine that MLG has/is playing the game to determine what settings to use. I hope they use Infinity Slayer. I think it's a very exciting gametype but they might be put off by the radar. Slayer Pro is also very good but you have nowhere the near the variety as you do in Infinity Slayer. There's also no Pro Objective gametypes so I don't know if MLG wants to mix all of these settings.

Ok cool. Just wanted to get an idea of how you feel Halo4 is on the same level of fun factor as it is with MLG in 3 and Reach for you. Yeah 343 might have dropped the ball in terms of customization. Hopefully MLG like base Halo4 and even consider to play things infinity style with some tweaks.

I missed personal ordnance in gametypes that don't have it when I played. I love personal ordnance.
Personal Ordnance is just fucking fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T6UAbizhsRo#t=119s
'The battle rifle is back, it's the old burst fire precision weapon that we all know and love'.

I don't recall loving a 5sk BR?
lol
So can we redeem the Dew XP stuff now? Alison gave a bunch of us free Doritos and Mountain Dew so I want to get a jump on it.
Et tu Domino?
As posted by Exwife and Over, there is a selection of preset locations on a map, and a weapon is randomly selected from a list for that map and gametype and a random choice is made for which of those preset locations the weapon will spawn at, and then it spawns.

The only thing that is static is timing of a weapon drop.
I totally get where your coming from with Infinity Slayer being more fun, especially for the spectator.

But its just not competitively viable. Now, if there was some way to make the personal ordnance static, that would be PERFECT. But right now its not really fair if one player gets a sniper and the other gets a SAW or something. If they could do something like,

FIRST ORDNANCE: Rockets, nades, OS.
SECOND ORDNANCE: Sniper, nades, Speed.
THIRD ORDNANCE: Blain Beam, nades, Damage boost.

I would LOVE that.

If that's not possible, just do static, predictable weapon spawns.
You can completely customize Personal Ordnance, so if they wanted to, MLG (or anyone making a custom variant/map) could craft very specific personal ordnance drops.
heckfu I just put an offer on a house. you and I are now members of boring responsible adult GAF :(

Sad.

Congrats.

New Terminal code.

Translates to number 3.

Where did this come from? Like where did you find it.

Also I was initially skeptical Dani - but have to say that its actually a great use of your skills - im happy for you man. Annoyed its not Halo 4 related! But read a bit of the excerpt and it seems good - better than I initially thought!

heckfu

Banned
heckfu I just put an offer on a house. you and I are now members of boring responsible adult GAF :(
Congrats! Now the hard part begins, didn't realize how time consuming it is.

We'll totally Skype from our empty, sad homes in a few months and commiserate over mortgages.

Tawpgun

Personal Ordnance is just fucking fun.

You can completely customize Personal Ordnance, so if they wanted to, MLG (or anyone making a custom variant/map) could craft very specific personal ordnance drops.

You sure? If so that's awesome. That's totally what they should do. Wouldn't mind if that system was in Slayer Pro either.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just donated.

"If this project is successfully funded, your card will be charged on:THURSDAY NOV 15, 1:17PM EST"

Hah, the project is funded, so there are no doubts left at all about it. It is happening. The book will be written, printed and posted out.

It's strange, all these months planning and this part happens so damm fast.

Hopefully we can reach out to as many folks as we can that would like a copy, especially since now we don't have to worry about failing to cover the base costs.

Also I was initially skeptical Dani - but have to say that its actually a great use of your skills - im happy for you man. Annoyed its not Halo 4 related! But read a bit of the excerpt and it seems good - better than I initially thought!

Thanks dude. The final book will be professionally proofread and edited, we're hoping to bump up the quality and make the best book we can.

Moa

Where did this come from? Like where did you find it.

http://view.engage.xbox.com/?j=fe9d...ju=fe5f10707563037d7d12&uid=82648354&tid=&r=0

To to that, it is the e-mail which revealed the Specializations for standard editions.

cbc4a529f9bc4f043558f84bba8bb6f2
Click that image in the e-mail and then it will take you to the terminal picture.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

http://communityevolved.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/banner.jpg[//MG][/URL][/QUOTE]
You have my wallet.

Well done sir. Do us proud.

Infinity Slayer, by the very definition of it's gametype properties, is unbalanced.

Not saying it won't be fun, not saying it won't be "Halo".

But mothafuckas will be getting overshields and binary rifles and speed ups and spartan lasers dropped at their feet, while others will be left to fend for themselves with what's on the map, especially if they're losing, since the ordnance system caters to winners. Who knows what weapons are on the map anymore.

Sounds great, like CoD.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Of that, I have no doubt. It'll be fun as hell, I just dunno if makes sense in any balanced, competitive setting.

Indeed. I assume MLG/competitive would use basic slayer and not Infinity. Just to nail down some constants like weapons on map, drop times, location, etc.

Glad I can jump between both Infinity and regular when I want though. Wonder if there will be an Infinity BTB playlist.

Top Bottom