• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I mean, with the changes to CTF, now you definitely want somebody tagging along to give you some cover, but that’s very hard to coordinate with randoms over XBL
Which means I'll probably skip this mode entirely. You can provide incentives to teamwork without making it more difficult for random pickup groups that form the mainstay of matchmaking.

I think the driving force behind the auto pickup/no-drop changes was to increase clarity of objectives, and thats probably the end result, but I think it also makes the gametype less accessible overall given how hard teamwork is to establish online as it is.

But what if they were pelican, wall and top mid?

all neutral locations

How is it that you're still not getting this? It's like talking to a wall. Or a trolly nillapuddin (I hope this isn't the case). Ugh.

Ex: Our teams are equal in skill and teamwork. At one point in the game, score is even. One team has decent control of (using Ragnarok) pelican, one has equal control of turret/wall side. The middle hill is troublesome for both teams.

Random power weapon drop location lands at pelican. All other things being equal, they end up winning cuz random=fun.

EDIT:
Neutral at the beginning, not at any point after that.

To add to this, the drops don't happen while these locations are neutral. Kind of implied in BigShow's post, but at this point, I feel being verbose is probably necessary.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just finished the Ark on Legendary Iron, with Over, Myyke and Andy.

Such a fantastic level, we also took turns to partake in some future blood sport with the chieftain at the end.
It was awesome. There's a window from where the other players can see the action perfectly. I'm positive that was done on purpose. There were brutes watching from one side and were we watching from other other, so cool. It's still the best part of any Halo campaign.

Something else weird happened at the beginning of the level. That warthog next to the downed pelican at the part where a spaceship crashed was still intact. You could still drive it around while normally you could only go into the turret and sideseat. It proved to be quite useful.

Raide

Our guest list is not final, we're hoping to add a few more names. And, in regards to Forge, I think you will be happy with how we plan to cover it.

I promise you, Forge will given considerable attention, as will the people that who have been involved in that particular area of the community.

We'll be sharing more of our plans in future and I hope that, as we do, you'll give us your honest feedback to help us improve the project as we go along. We want to make sure that the book is an accurate reflection of the community and we'll do our best to make it so.

If I have some spare cash, I will throw some in. Seeing a Community book on Halo will be amazing, especially seeing some Forge goodness as well.

TheOddOne

Campaign? Honestly, I think BLOPS2 is going to be a huge success. I think the COD franchise will sustain insane numbers for now. We'll see if Infinity Ward drops the ball again with next year's installment.

Also: I hate AC/DC. I cringe evertim.
Yeah, BLOPS2 will do insane numbers. I would even say on the 360 it will edge out Halo 4.

Question. If this Halo disappoints any of you thoroughly, whether Campaign or MP wise, will you leave the series? I know we are all pretty big fans, but have any of you drawn a line where you say, "that's it, no more Halo"?

I feel most Halo fans leave the series and come back each game.

They play the campaign and then are done orrr they play campaign a few games of MP get pooped on and go play viva la pinata world.

Isn't there some graph where the majority of Halo players dont even go into MP? Lol

Yeah, BLOPS2 will do insane numbers. I would even say on the 360 it will edge out Halo 4.

Absolutely. Theres no way H4 beats BLOPS 2 in sales.

DeadNames

Banned
Campaign? Honestly, I think BLOPS2 is going to be a huge success. I think the COD franchise will sustain insane numbers for now. We'll see if Infinity Ward drops the ball again with next year's installment.

Of course it will. It always does. Apparently it also has record pre-orders.

All those little kids can get "Duty Calls" this Christmas because their mommies heard about it on Oprah!

I lost it at 'New level of competitive gaming'.

Also, the graphics looks no different from CoD 4, or any of the other CoDs.

CoD MP in a nutshell: Aim down this corridor with my silenced ACR with Assassin.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm going to put down $15 for the Community Evolved book.

How many pages are you expecting it to be?

Our current estimates are around 120-150 pages, but we included a very wide margin in that estimate and we can accommodate significantly more than that.

It's very difficult to pin down an exact or even rough guess at this early stage and we're using very early preliminary material to make these conservative estimates.

So don't hold me to that number too tightly. :)

ibk6TOERToUXKc.gif

But seriously, we are not at war with call of duty. i'll never understand why people want successful games to fail.

Dumb question here: veil-hail-uh, or vahl-hahl-uh?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll have a lot of MP gaming to do come November, that's for sure.

Oh, you mean the audience that 343 has altered Halo in an attempt to appeal to?

Looks like it goes a bit both ways. Not to mention MW3 sniping some of Homefront's stuff in the drones. I'm looking forward to both games. Halo is still Halo, CoD is CoD.

DeadNames

Banned
Oh, you mean the audience that 343 has altered Halo in an attempt to appeal to?

Sadly, yes.

No kid wants to play a hardcore 4v4 arena shooter that relies on player skill, map knowledge, and utilization of power weapons. Thus, Halo 4 was born.

Still think it looks awesome.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Myself and the rest of the staff at ForwardUntoDawn.com are pleased to announce Community Evolved, a project we've been working on diligently for many months now! It is with great pleasure that we reveal this to you, the Halo community. This does, after all, belong more to you than to the three of us.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

Oh oh, nice, good luck ! Will it be only for the US & UK community, or will it be worldwide ?

Tashi, if I can ask what does SLRP even stand for other than, I guess buying into the hype?
SLRP means to slurp which originated from "dee slurper" (I believe from Letters) which is a euphemism for cock sucker which certain members of sensyGAF got all up in arms about it being a homophobic slur. I guess they don't care anymore since everybody says it now? Or maybe they realized that it's not homophobic because women suck peen as well. It was originally used to describe all the 343 brown nosing and general defense-at-all-costs of Halo 4, but now it has been transformed into a term of genuine excitement about Halo 4 or acceptance of 343's changes.

The term gained popularity when kylej posted this in response to slurpy Hydranockz post and it was hilarious. The 4 letter capitalized variant (which I can't figure out why everyone is using all the time) started off as an inside joke between Steelyuhas, Plywood and myself when we all changed our service tags to SLRP for a couple games of Rocket Hog Race and then joked about it here afterwards.

Psssst... Black Ops 2 Launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4QvBIftv7mw#!

We have something better...
Expected Iron Man to bust in at any moment. Looks like the most interesting CoD yet. Won't be getting it though, I'm unable to split my time between multiple MP games.

Top Bottom