• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Gui_PT

Rofl... I told my wife and she said "Fine" in a giggly sort of way. She asked what the step above $40 is, so it looks like I'm in for $75 now. She said she hopes she isn't disappointed. rofl...

pussy_whipped.jpg

I still dont get how they thought removing Reach's best playlist was a GOOD idea. My brain hurts when I even start trying to figure out the fuck they were thinking.

Would I be wrong in thinking they wanted to make the shittiest experience available (removing Squad Slayer, Ann. Playlists, DLC playlists, Forge maps everywhere, etc.) so come Halo 4 there will be an overwhelming flood of people starving for a better Halo experience?

These are the things I think of.. Seems dirty, but I can definitely see it as a realistic approach that doesn't need to be publicized. Instead, if I was the one in charge of such a tactic, I would go about it in ways in public that focus your attention elsewhere and letting you see only what I want you to see.

True masters of manipulation (<--this term doesn't necessarily only have a negative connotation to it) exist without negative labels associated with them. 343 might be master minds after all..

Now this is something I could get behind.

Yes, you're wrong.

I actually hope I'm not because that's a pretty ballsy move that not only answers many of our questions, but makes sense.

heckfu

Banned
Would I be wrong in thinking they wanted to make the shittiest experience available (removing Squad Slayer, Ann. Playlists, DLC playlists, Forge maps everywhere, etc.) so come Halo 4 there will be an overwhelming flood of people starving for a better Halo experience?

These are the things I think of.. Seems dirty, but I can definitely see it as a realistic approach that doesn't need to be publicized. Instead, if I was the one in charge of such a tactic, I would go about it in ways in public that focus your attention elsewhere and letting you see only what I want you to see.

True masters of manipulation (<--this term doesn't necessarily only have a negative connotation to it) exist without negative labels associated with them. 343 might be master minds after all..

Yes, you're wrong.

No no, Bungie was trying to kill Halo and then salt the earth so that nobody would want to play Halo ever again once they stopped working on the franchise.

TheOddOne

Team Awkward Internet Romances.

President: Sai-Kun.
Vice-presidents: The Wife and OddOne.
Wipping boy: Gui.
Never getting laid: Bobs.
Chubby Chaser: Talents.

Apply today!

zlatko

Banned
halo_4_fan_art_by_tobylewin-d4b1jj8.jpg

This is awesome fan art I found on deviantart. My new avatar is too for someone's interpretation of a Spartan. Looks bad ass! :D

It is so hard not to spoil Halo 4s campaign considering I know where to find the entire walkthrough :/ I wish I hadn't tried to find it.

Highly recommend restraining yourself.

Between accidentally seeing spoilers, and my friend flat out telling me the ending, spoilers feelbadman

Just got Moonrise Kingdom in the mail from Amazon, and the package was a huge advert for BLOPS 2. Never seen that before.

Anyway, nice writeup Dax.

Myself and the rest of the staff at ForwardUntoDawn.com are pleased to announce Community Evolved, a project we've been working on diligently for many months now! It is with great pleasure that we reveal this to you, the Halo community. This does, after all, belong more to you than to the three of us.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

Amazing proyect!! I hope all goes well =D

No no, Bungie was trying to kill Halo and then salt the earth so that nobody would want to play Halo ever again once they stopped working on the franchise.

Because that's exactly what I'm saying lol - This is 343's first Halo game, actions/strategies/steps/whatever you want to call it, like this right off the bat (whether intentional or not) are exactly what's going on. I'm not saying I agree/disagree with such a tactic, but I'm not naive enough to deny it as a possibility.. In order for something to be built/rebuilt (Halo), something must first be destroyed (handling of Halo over the years) ;]

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah. The things you see at Gamestop are just MS points with an ad on them.
"Hey, buy this and use it to buy this!", basically.

So (stupid question incoming) if I buy it for 2400 (or is it 2000) points on the marketplace, I get the helmets as well?

edit: Oh snap, I missed Slightly Live's reveal? Still, looks very nice. If I get any extra cash, I'l be sending it that way

Omni

halo_4_fan_art_by_tobylewin-d4b1jj8.jpg

This is awesome fan art I found on deviantart. My new avatar is too for someone's interpretation of a Spartan. Looks bad ass! :D

That's awesome!

I've actually tried doing some environment concept art in photoshop with my tablet, but it's just... eh. A lot harder than it looks. Prefer to stick to actual objects.

/random fact of the day.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know... I love me some epic sized forerunner structures. Jaw dropping for sure.
The Forerunner stuff is awesome. I just think the windmills next to the human buildings should've been the Reach style ones. I also really love the idea of humans building long term settlements around ancient Forerunner structures.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So (stupid question incoming) if I buy it for 2400 (or is it 2000) points on the marketplace, I get the helmets as well?

Have you heard of the Gears of War season pass? Think of it like that. You pay 2000 MS points for 9 DLC maps (no release dates set yet), and after purchasing the pass and entering the code, Two helmets and an Emblem will be unlocked in your armory. Do take what i'm saying with a grain of salt, though, as everything else with the preorders has been confusing as hell and i'm basing this off of how other games treat the passes. Doesn't matter how you get the points, it just comes out of your total available.

Homeboyd

Myself and the rest of the staff at ForwardUntoDawn.com are pleased to announce Community Evolved, a project we've been working on diligently for many months now! It is with great pleasure that we reveal this to you, the Halo community. This does, after all, belong more to you than to the three of us.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

Finally. So awesome.

:)

I'm excited to finally be apart of ForgeGAF. Halo 4 is really going to open our possibilities. :) *dances*
I know you mentioned it previously, but you should totes make the Fourge OT. Ghaleon didn't make the last one and I don't believe it's in an eternal state of dibbs as the last one was created by a non HaloGAFfer. Gotta put in dat work though. Make it purdy.

zlatko

Banned
There's a lot of cool art on deviantart.com to check out for Halo if you dig deep enough.

Like my avatar came from this pic someone did for a Spartan:

spartan_fantasy_art_halo_reach-800x600.jpg

no i should use it. having the indiana jones avatar and all. ;)

The Forerunner stuff is awesome. I just think the windmills next to the human buildings should've been the Reach style ones. I also really love the idea of humans building long term settlements around ancient Forerunner structures.

wasn't that the concept of that fake halo 4 leak a while back. that requiem was basically trapping any ships that came near requiem inside. there was like all sorts of human and covenant factions fighting over land and technology. and there were all these different towns and villages made from the remnants of destroyed ships and stuff.

honestly, i think this would make an awesome sort of spin off game. similar to ODST, with a hub world, and missions on the inside of some ancient shield world. perhaps ODST 2?

Because that's exactly what I'm saying lol - This is 343's first Halo game, actions/strategies/steps/whatever you want to call it, like this right off the bat (whether intentional or not) are exactly what's going on. I'm not saying I agree/disagree with such a tactic, but I'm not naive enough to deny it as a possibility.. In order for something to be built/rebuilt (Halo), something must first be destroyed (handling of Halo over the years) ;]

oY4Or.gif

look it's not my fault that you wanted to stay in the closet :(

lhN2B.gif

Later in this video of Borderlands 2's Pirate DLC, around 6:22, makes me miss the potential of the Spectre and Prowler. Strafing in a cooperative vehicle adds a different level of play from the Warthog. Such a damn shame the Falcon isn't in multiplayer either because it's the only vehicle left that fills that void except maybe the Wraith (loosely though because the driver pilots/shoots the main weapon).. ;[

This thread is magical.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We got slurpees before the panel on Saturday. I totally left enough to make slurping sounds during the panel.

Top Bottom