• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

The new CTF removes all these dynamics, and I feel less in control of the situation.

I was playing CTF on Adrift and fighting my way around the enemy’s team flag when I accidentally picked it up.

From my brief time playing the game, not being able to drop the flag doesn’t seem like a change I will like.

When looking at all these changes, you know 343 is trying to improve team work in objective games. A good and worthy goal. But I’m not sure doing that at the expense of options for the player is the best way to go.
:'(

JHall

I played CoD zombies once and never again. I'm too old and busy for 10 hour gaming sessions where you can't pause or leave.

I agree on the 10 hour gaming session part. I can't last more than 2 hours. I have a few friends that love their zombies gaming runs. I'm talking 6pm to 6am and it blows my mind.

That being said, zombies is fun in moderation.
Like Doritos and Mountain Dew, you double exp nerds :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
SLRP means to slurp which originated from "dee slurper" (I believe from Letters) which is a euphemism for cock sucker which certain members of sensyGAF got all up in arms about it being a homophobic slur. I guess they don't care anymore since everybody says it now? Or maybe they realized that it's not homophobic because women suck peen as well.
I figured I may as well comment on this. As far as I can remember, only one person said it has homophobic roots. As the resident Sensy King of HaloGAF, I've kept mostly quiet on the matter, cause I'm not sure how I feel about the term. I mean, "dick sucker" has definitely been used in homophobic contexts, but I'm not sure if that usage has been significant enough to deem it inherently homophobic... But those lines and criteria are fuzzy, anyways.

With what I currently know and feel, I'm pro SLRP.

Looks like the most interesting CoD yet. Won't be getting it though, I'm unable to split my time between multiple MP games.
Yeah, I agree. It's the first time I've been really interested in a COD game. But with Halo 4 coming out a week before, I won't even bother.

zlatko

Banned
I played Reach MP last night and was surprisingly doing really well compared to my usual +2/+3 k/d spreads. Had +18 and +14 spreads, and one game I went for 13 kills in a row without being stopped in just team slayer I think it was.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Edit: Oh and had my favorite kill ever since I've had the game day 1 of release. I was on the other side of an entire map for Invasion. I picked up the sticky grenade launcher, looked waaaay on the other side to see someone and charged it up to get only 1 sticky to shoot out since he was a sniper. From my death cam I tried to pan it towards him, and sure enough it sailed all the way over there and around a pillar to grab his ass, and WHAMO BLAMO kill from the grave for me!

SUPERFEELSGOODMAN.jpg

Labels are stupid. nobody is team SLRP, Downer, Salty, or Sensy, you are all just random fans on an internet forum.

labels allows someone to discard any argument by just stating that someones in a certain group, and therefore their argument has less merit.

I played Reach MP last night and was surprisingly doing really well compared to my usual +2/+3 k/d spreads. Had +18 and +14 spreads, and one game I went for 13 kills in a row without being stopped in just team slayer I think it was.

feelsgoodman.jpg

I haven't played in weeks and now I'm barely holding my own against scrubs.

feelsbadman.jpg

Pfffttt charter member of Sensy here.

Sorry, mister sensitive.

Edit: DAMMIT SEXY SAI KUN

iDLAdU1brUI6I.gif

ElRenoRaven

Labels are stupid. nobody is team SLRP, Downer, Salty, or Sensy, you are all just random fans on an internet forum.

labels allows someone to discard any argument by just stating that someones in a certain group, and therefore their argument has less merit.

Well I think we found team sensitive.

SLRP means to slurp which originated from "dee slurper" (I believe from Letters) . . . It was originally used to describe all the 343 brown nosing and general defense-at-all-costs of Halo 4, but now it has been transformed into a term of genuine excitement about Halo 4 or acceptance of 343's changes.

The term gained popularity when kylej posted this in response to slurpy Hydranockz post and it was hilarious. The 4 letter capitalized variant (which I can't figure out why everyone is using all the time) started off as an inside joke between Steelyuhas, Plywood and myself when we all changed our service tags to SLRP for a couple games of Rocket Hog Race and then joked about it here afterwards.

LMFAO, on so many levels this post is funny - one of which is I never understood the joke behind that song in one of the first streams I saw on here but found it absolutely hilarious. I'm sure for many it wasn't necessary to put the origins/true meaning of SLRP into words, but for those who this surprises and couldn't tell from the tone in many posts.. lol

heckfu

Banned

lol what? people are self-professed team members.

I'm on Team Krispy Kreme

Someone needs too make a youtube clip of Sean Connery saying junior from The Last Crusade that way we can post it whenever a junior makes a stupid post.

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the kind words. The amount of support has been jaw-dropping.

I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow and pinching myself.

40 Backers
$2,865 pledged of $1,100 goal

Get pinched now.

I went in for $125.

OP updated with this, the Meltdown video, and part 1 of Dax's impressions. Back to the grind stone, I'll check in again tonight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
5v5 is the new minimum player count, except for in Slayer Pro, right? Slayer Pro is 4v4, and then Infinity Slayer, CTF, Oddball, and KOTH are all 5v5, right?

BigShow36

I figured I may as well comment on this. As far as I can remember, only one person said it has homophobic roots. As the resident Sensy King of HaloGAF, I've kept mostly quiet on the matter, cause I'm not sure how I feel about the term. I mean, "dick sucker" has definitely been used in homophobic contexts, but I'm not sure if that usage has been significant enough to deem it inherently homophobic... But those lines and criteria are fuzzy, anyways.

That's a rather queer way to look at things.

Gray Man

Banned
Myself and the rest of the staff at ForwardUntoDawn.com are pleased to announce Community Evolved, a project we've been working on diligently for many months now! It is with great pleasure that we reveal this to you, the Halo community. This does, after all, belong more to you than to the three of us.

And thank you, HaloGAF.

I'm considering giving the 125$ amount. I have to think it over though.

I'm for sure going to donate though.

Also, I would like to know what will happen with the excess money, will it all go into the book?

You might also want to explore an E-book route to go with this, I would love to have an interactive experience where any of those special interviews, or videos might be found while flipping though those virtual pages.

Just a thought on Personal Ordinance: I think my biggest problem with it is the randomness - as someone who dislikes shotguns/ assault rifles etc from a fun point of view rather than 'usefulness' point of view weapons like the Saw/ Scattershot/ Needler etc ultimately are less interesting to me.

Perhaps with the push for personalization, specializing could influence your weapon options. I.e. if you choose the specialization which favours players who use the precision weapons (Rogue)- you should have slightly higher odds of getting a sniper in the ordnance drop. If you favour heavy weapons -choose a specialization which suits that and perhaps your ordnance percentages can favour the concussion rifle. If you choose the specialization that favours CQC - then your odds of getting a scattershot are increased. etc.

Probably too complicated - and not neat enough to fit into the boundaries of the specialization system - but I would have preferred something like that.

I just know at some point I'm going to get into a game with random teammates who don't want to pick up the flag, and my goal is going to be to force them to grab it in some way.

If that means grabbing the flag and then chasing them around the map so that when I get killed, they auto-grab it, so be it.

Top Bottom