• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

So the other team has a Banshee, Tank, and Mantis destroying the shit out of us, and instead of getting a "neutral" spawn for a big anti-vehicle weapon, the Global Ordnance system randomly chooses that one of the teams should get a Needler spawn instead, and then then it might do it again.

That scenario happen to me in Halo 4, more than once.

Also, we have no evidence that specific weapons are assigned to specific spots like you suggest. In fast I know that SAW, Concussion Rifles, and Needlers spawned at what you would consider neutral spawns in CTF games on Exile.

Note: I use the Needler as an example simply because it's not an anti-vehicle weapon, it's still absolutely a power weapon, extremely powerful.
The scenario you described occurred a lot in previous games too. And even then it was hard for a team to come back.

DJ88

The term gained popularity when kylej posted this in response to slurpy Hydranockz post and it was hilarious. The 4 letter capitalized variant (which I can't figure out why everyone is using all the time) started off as an inside joke between Steelyuhas, Plywood and myself when we all changed our service tags to SLRP for a couple games of Rocket Hog Race and then joked about it here afterwards.

Hahaha, that song is hilarious, I need a link to when it was originally posted. I knew what the term meant, but didn't know it started out like that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ooh, are we bashing Traviss? Wait for me!

I seriously fucking hate that talentless cunt.
Eh... that's not what Bobs said, and I didn't meant that either.
I can't talk for bobs but like he said Traviss could write ome really good ONI stuff or Innie war stories. The "asshole" characters are perfect for her. But she wasn't able to deliver the feeling that was needed in the Spartan/Onyx sections.

She is definately not talentless, she has just a very own view of franchises. And this harms most of the times the franchises (see Star Wars ugh)

Woah! Woah! Yes I agree. I thought your NY Bestseller novels were better in a lot of ways. Oh wait...

You don't have to be a skilled cook to say a meal tastes shitty.

not your point I know :)

Also which spoiler are you guys watching again, damn.

Slightly, but it could just be because it's a new controller.

Light up shot:

Nothing is better than a new controller with all the springs and sticks at factory tension.

Check out modsticks.com for a trigger upgrade - I got the trigger stops as well... much better than the factory triggers. Install took about 15 minutes. I've been looking for something like this for a while.. I'm always too hard on triggers.. the regular triggers would snap in half after about 6 months, so in my Halo career, I've gone through a lot of controllers just because of one issue. Trigger SLRP.

modsticks-triggers-large.jpg

\

She is definitely not talentless, she has just a very own view of franchises. And this harms most of the times the franchises (see Star Wars ugh)

She has no view of the halo franchise because she admitted to not reading ANYTHING having to do with it. most of her experience is RvB apparently.

senador

Banned
Dax Impressions Part 1

Good stuff. I'm excited to try CTF but despite me being optimistic and wanting to try new things, I just can't see it being well received. I wonder if they will respond and change it if that ends up happening. Removing the waypoint would help. I'm all for the Flagnum and think that's a great idea, but the waypoint and not being able to drop the flag just sounds frustrating.

Glad Ragnarok worked out. I figured it would. ;)

Okay, I went a little overboard.
I actually enjoyed Human Weakness, and her Gears novels were okay.
I guess that's why I had such a strong reaction to Glasslands when it came out, I cannot overstate how bad that book is.
Woah! Woah! Yes I agree. I thought your NY Bestseller novels were better in a lot of ways. Oh wait...

Hah, just noticed this.
Following this chain of logic, the only ones who post in this forum who have a right to complain about Halo 4 would be Frankie and Ellis, because they're the only ones who've developed video games. Right? Right?

Why are you guys always blaming Traviss? Isn't it 343i's fault too for approving such a work? If it is really that canon breaking in terms of characters like people said, why did 343i approve such a book?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a big fan of the Halo controllers, but I'd really love to get one of the blue chrome controllers.

Zec6Lm.jpg

But it's getting pretty hard to find, and goes for at least $60, and often times a lot more than that. There's no way I'd pay that much for a controller, especially when the last one I bought degraded so fast.

Hah, just noticed this.
Following this chain of logic, the only ones who post in this forum who have a right to complain about Halo 4 would be Frankie and Ellis, because they're the only ones who've developed video games. Right? Right?
No. You called her a "talentless cunt". If she were talentless, why did she sell so many books?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like a relevant thing to quote right now.

One thing I have learned about Halogaf- everything is black or white. And even if something is well reasoned, someone will paint it out to be one extreme or another. It seems people either blindly hate or blindly love; those who are in between still get panned by one of the others.

I have yet to read Glasslands and The Thursday War so I can't comment on the quality of those stories. I just appreciate Nylund's work in FoR, FS, and GoO.

Romney seems flustered. Obama seems collected.

Too bad I wasn't one of the grad. students who got selected from the lottery to watch this in person. Pretty cool though hearing about the secret service and setting up process from one of my professors who helped weeks in advance.

I'm trying to see an actual physical fight, thought it was going there for a second.

Will vote for the winner of a fist fight.

hahah yeahhhh.. That was awkward ;b

heckfu

Banned
Romney is quoting stats and figures. Obama is attacking the rich and calling Romney a liar.

LAWLLLLLLLLLLL
Too bad I wasn't one of the grad. students who got selected from the lottery to watch this in person. Pretty cool though hearing about the secret service and setting up process from one of my professors who helped weeks in advance.
My friend in Denver won two weeks ago for the second row!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm trying to see an actual physical fight, thought it was going there for a second.

Will vote for the winner of a fist fight.

I know, it got me pumped.

Ok for real though, let's cut the political talk. There's a thread for that. I apologize

Let's just argue starting weapons in here or some shit lol

Tunavi

Banned
romney just spews out bullshit buzzwords 24/7.

he never actually mentions how he's going to create all these magical fucking jobs from jobland.

romney just spews out bullshit buzzwords 24/7.

he never actually mentions how he's going to create all these magical fucking jobs from jobland.

My bias aside here is the reasoning behind it: less taxes on small businesses enable them to expand and hire more people.

I really want to buy that Halo console but I can't justify it. Was hoping I'd get lucky and win the Kontrol Freak contest.

Top Bottom